You Got It Good - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Business Zone > Business, Marketing, and Sales


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
Water Whisperer
 
Plumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Land of pine trees and pot
Posts: 3,627

View Plumber's Photo Album My Photos
Default You Got It Good

I'm convinced that the rest of the nation is doing better than here. Y'all are doing thousands a day with no overhead except for gas and cell phone. All your customers are millionaires.

I see places like Connecticut with its stock brokers, Florida with its retired New Yorkers, California with its movie stars, the mid-west with its jobs....

And where am I? Stuck in the middle of a freakin' wilderness with out-of-control new plumbers "breaking into service" and lumber jacks who thinks duallys are cool.

I'm moving to Ct, Florida, SoCal, Phoenix, and a cave in Missouri.

Either that or I'm going to be a hit man, pimp, or pot farmer in NYC.

This sucks.
__________________
“We'd be fools not to ride this strange torpedo all the way out to the end.”
Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
waterheaterzone.com
 
service guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Universe
Posts: 2,043

View service guy's Photo Album My Photos
Default

cry me a river.
service guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
Water Whisperer
 
Plumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Land of pine trees and pot
Posts: 3,627

View Plumber's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by service guy View Post
cry me a river.
What? You want a river? Dang, I gotta get a life...
Attached Images
 
__________________
“We'd be fools not to ride this strange torpedo all the way out to the end.”
Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
Plumber Manhattan Beach
 
WestCoastPlumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles (South Bay)
Posts: 828

View WestCoastPlumber's Photo Album My Photos
Default

you will be pissed if u moved here to so cal. we have all the new construction guys coming into service who think they know how to plumb, it's funny in the supply house. "Dude, I gotta get this thing out of this valve because it leaks and my channel locks won't do it bro, do you know what I need? Yeah, you need a moen posi temp cartridge puller....oh man, really, I don't have one of those, all I have is a box of fittings I stole from old boss, a torch, a plunger to clear mainlines with and channel locks"......something along those lines.

So, with unemployment at like 11%, the new construction pumbers, the illegals, ummmm, oh right, the raise in sales tax to like 9.25%, hmmm, maybe I should move

Last edited by WestCoastPlumber; 03-03-2009 at 02:05 PM..
WestCoastPlumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
Certified Lunatic
 
Redwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 20,658

View Redwood's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to Redwood
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumber View Post
I'm convinced that the rest of the nation is doing better than here. Y'all are doing thousands a day with no overhead except for gas and cell phone. All your customers are millionaires.

I see places like Connecticut with its stock brokers, Florida with its retired New Yorkers, California with its movie stars, the mid-west with its jobs....

And where am I? Stuck in the middle of a freakin' wilderness with out-of-control new plumbers "breaking into service" and lumber jacks who thinks duallys are cool.

I'm moving to Ct, Florida, SoCal, Phoenix, and a cave in Missouri.

Either that or I'm going to be a hit man, pimp, or pot farmer in NYC.

This sucks.
Yea come on over and pay $400,000 for a shack to live in while you go out and get nickel and dimed by a millionaire stock broker with a fried ejector pump in his basement maids quarters....



Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redwood For This Useful Post:
trick1 (03-03-2009)
Old 03-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
KratzerPlumbing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 114

View KratzerPlumbing's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Hey come up to the San Francisco area. You can't understand anybody if you only speak English and a home in East Palo Alto, one time murder capitol of the U.S, starts at $400,000 and that is a rat trap fixer upper that even the crack heads have abandoned.. and we still have the traffic, high gas prices, whiney customers who saw Bob Villa do it in a 1/2 hour so why can't I and did I mention home prices. My home town of Los Altos the median price is over 1 million.
KratzerPlumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
KratzerPlumbing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 114

View KratzerPlumbing's Photo Album My Photos
Default

I'm thinking of moving to Nicaragua. I hear it is practically empty now that they are all up here
KratzerPlumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newington, CT.
Posts: 265

View trick1's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Yea come on over and pay $400,000 for a shack to live in while you go out and get nickel and dimed by a millionaire stock broker with a fried ejector pump in his basement maids quarters....
Mr. Redwood sir, you have hit the nail directly on the head!!!
trick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,312

View nhmaster3015's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Green grass syndrome. Build a solid, service based company and things may slow from time to time but there will always be enough work to keep you busy.

Too many younger guys all jump on the new construction, seeing fast dollars for the big money jobs, but that dries up, or someone who's better, faster or worse cheaper comes along and takes all the cheeze. Service work, drain cleaning, heating and AC repair will always be needed, anytime, anywhere.
nhmaster3015 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhmaster3015 For This Useful Post:
PLUMB TIME (03-05-2009), smythers1968 (03-03-2009)
Old 03-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #10
Water Whisperer
 
Plumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Land of pine trees and pot
Posts: 3,627

View Plumber's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmaster3015 View Post
Green grass syndrome. Build a solid, service based company and things may slow from time to time but there will always be enough work to keep you busy.

Too many younger guys all jump on the new construction, seeing fast dollars for the big money jobs, but that dries up, or someone who's better, faster or worse cheaper comes along and takes all the cheeze. Service work, drain cleaning, heating and AC repair will always be needed, anytime, anywhere.
Except sometimes the grass is more potent. Look at this post from those Connecticut Yankees:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick1 View Post
Mr. Redwood sir, you have hit the nail directly on the head!!!
I think they are hiding the fact that Connecticut is booooming! HA!

Load up the truck, Martha, wheese be moving to Connecticut!
__________________
“We'd be fools not to ride this strange torpedo all the way out to the end.”
Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mmm mmm Good ! para1 Off Topic (Non Trade) 13 02-15-2009 08:42 PM
It just feels good Song Dog Off Topic (Non Trade) 15 02-05-2009 02:02 AM
A good day! service guy General Plumbing Discussion 28 09-06-2008 02:13 AM
A Good Plumber Ron New Member Introductions 5 06-26-2008 01:48 AM
good start! para1 New Member Introductions 1 06-17-2008 06:06 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | ElectricianTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | RoofingTalk.com