How would you respond? - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Business Zone > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Like Tree31Likes

Old 02-24-2020, 08:20 AM   #1
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default How would you respond?

A month ago I replaced a frozen hose bib for an Oriental woman, a batty woman. Check out the story below.

Now she wants to sue the previous owner for the water damage and she sent me an email asking for the cause of the freeze. Looks like she didn't pay attention or purposefully ignoring me when I said the garden hose was left on and it froze.

Should I write anything more in a return email, the hose was left on and froze? Should I put something in the lines of fees if she drags me to court? Any other suggestions?

https://www.plumbingzone.com/f7/adve...6/#post1226234

MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2020, 09:01 AM   #2

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
A month ago I replaced a frozen hose bib for an Oriental woman, a batty woman. Check out the story below.

Now she wants to sue the previous owner for the water damage and she sent me an email asking for the cause of the freeze. Looks like she didn't pay attention or purposefully ignoring me when I said the garden hose was left on and it froze.

Should I write anything more in a return email, the hose was left on and froze? Should I put something in the lines of fees if she drags me to court? Any other suggestions?

arent they all ??????

Ignore her....you will be dragged into court and you wont get paid for it if you get a subpoena to appear....
she is just fishing for something to help her..your invoice is all she gets....
I doubt she is going to call you back for more work so you have no legal reason to respond to her, and save all her correspondence in case she makes a complaint against you..

what did you put on original invoice as description of repair?..

just tell her you came back from a quick trip to china and may have the coronavirus..that will send her away....
Tango (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 10:03 AM   #3

View PLUMB TIME's Photo Album My Photos

I agree with SRD, dont respond. This has happened to me a couple times and one of them I only responded to the court never the customer.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
PLUMB TIME is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PLUMB TIME For This Useful Post:
Tango (02-24-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2020, 10:47 AM   #4
Moderator Wizard

I talked to a guy at the supply store, he used to have a gas company and he too told me to say no and not to write anything.

What I wrote on the work order : Check for basement leak -- Replace frozen hose bib and install a valve. (She wanted an extra valve)

I wrote the wrong month on the work order so I guess I still have to reply confirming the correct date??
Old 02-24-2020, 10:59 AM   #5

Quote:
I talked to a guy at the supply store, he used to have a gas company and he too told me to say no and not to write anything.

What I wrote on the work order : Check for basement leak -- Replace frozen hose bib and install a valve. (She wanted an extra valve)

I wrote the wrong month on the work order so I guess I still have to reply confirming the correct date??

what part of IGNORE didnt you get?????? if you respond back your on the hook and will just get her aggravated if you dont write what she wants and then she may escalate it to a complaint against you...out of sight out of mind..if you totally ignore her she will go away..answere anything and now you will have 100 emails from her..
Old 02-24-2020, 11:04 AM   #6
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
what part of IGNORE didnt you get?????? if you respond back your on the hook and will just get her aggravated if you dont write what she wants and then she may escalate it to a complaint against you...out of sight out of mind..if you totally ignore her she will go away..answere anything and now you will have 100 emails from her..
Sir YES sir! And I might as well put a note on my phone not to answer her calls ever again.

Last edited by Tango; 02-24-2020 at 11:06 AM..
Old 02-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Sir YES sir! And I might as well put a note on my phone not to answer her calls ever again.

now you got it..hey sometimes or many times you have to be cold blooded and ignore all the BS sob stories and run your business to make money and not worry about hurting idiot customer feelings....
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:24 PM   #8
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
I have a few customer names in my phone followed with “DNA”, or “Do Not Answer”.
OpenSights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:18 PM   #9

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
I have a few customer names in my phone followed with “DNA”, or “Do Not Answer”.
We use Google calendar for our plumber's calendar. And it has a blacklist..... Just type in a customer's name and Google will find any and all of their history, including the name on our blacklist. Had a customer email recently looking for a free quote, there he was back in 2011 on our calendar and on our blacklist. Had the pleasure of letting him know we blacklisted him 9 years ago and go find another plumber.
OpenSights and TheOfficeGirl like this.
dhal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #10

Quote:

Attached Thumbnails
How would you respond?-6f4ba3c724ba2a2513891a7af4479d79.jpg  

Tango likes this.