Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

How would you respond?

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  goeswiththeflow 
#1 ·
A month ago I replaced a frozen hose bib for an Oriental woman, a batty woman. Check out the story below.

Now she wants to sue the previous owner for the water damage and she sent me an email asking for the cause of the freeze. Looks like she didn't pay attention or purposefully ignoring me when I said the garden hose was left on and it froze.

Should I write anything more in a return email, the hose was left on and froze? Should I put something in the lines of fees if she drags me to court? Any other suggestions?

https://www.plumbingzone.com/f7/adventures-soap-opera-80969/index86/#post1226234

#2 ·
A month ago I replaced a frozen hose bib for an Oriental woman, a batty woman. Check out the story below.

Now she wants to sue the previous owner for the water damage and she sent me an email asking for the cause of the freeze. Looks like she didn't pay attention or purposefully ignoring me when I said the garden hose was left on and it froze.

Should I write anything more in a return email, the hose was left on and froze? Should I put something in the lines of fees if she drags me to court? Any other suggestions?

https://www.plumbingzone.com/f7/adventures-soap-opera-80969/index86/#post1226234

arent they all ??????:vs_laugh::vs_laugh:

Ignore her....you will be dragged into court and you wont get paid for it if you get a subpoena to appear....
she is just fishing for something to help her..your invoice is all she gets....
I doubt she is going to call you back for more work so you have no legal reason to respond to her, and save all her correspondence in case she makes a complaint against you..

what did you put on original invoice as description of repair?..

just tell her you came back from a quick trip to china and may have the coronavirus..that will send her away....

#4 ·
I talked to a guy at the supply store, he used to have a gas company and he too told me to say no and not to write anything.

What I wrote on the work order : Check for basement leak -- Replace frozen hose bib and install a valve. (She wanted an extra valve)

I wrote the wrong month on the work order so I guess I still have to reply confirming the correct date??

#5 ·
what part of IGNORE didnt you get?????? if you respond back your on the hook and will just get her aggravated if you dont write what she wants and then she may escalate it to a complaint against you...out of sight out of mind..if you totally ignore her she will go away..answere anything and now you will have 100 emails from her..

#10 ·

Attachments

#14 ·
I agree with you 100%, including that the guy may have been a good customer if not for getting annoyed. I have to deal with it myself whenever I have to call in. God forbid there is a situation that is out of the ordinary that I have to try to explain to her. The office manager only has so much tolerance when I often ask to speak to her directly to explain a simple concept, but I have to for my own sanity. Unfortunately I am not in any position to make staffing decisions. Part of it is that the boss is a very nice guy, and extremely tolerant. That tolerance benefits me as much as it creates situations which frustrate me, I am sure, but it does bother me how we are perceived by the customers. I know exactly what they go through because it happens to me too.

#15 ·
let me ask you this, is the boss banging the secretary? if not you can take the boss aside and tell him he has lost x amount of customers because of her..thats if he gives a schit..if not then just let it go unless this is your end of the road company you will be working forever with..and you have a vested interest the company grows and does good...

#16 ·
I did a sink line unclog last wednesday for an old woman and I did 2 jobs before. She wasn't there during this job. It is now saturday and she hasn't paid or returned my call when I left a voice message. I'll be knocking her her door tomorrow night.

#18 ·
It is almost never going to go well for you if you are dealing with a company where the boss hires family and they are not good workers. Even if the boss agrees with you, it will still come back to bite you. It's like when your buddy breaks up with his girlfriend and you tell him that you never liked the beatch. Then he gets back together with her.

As far as I know the boss is not banging her, but people have fooled me before. There are other bigger issues that I do bring up to him, so I choose my battles because I don't want to be that guy who complains about everything. I suspect the officer manager is on the same wavelength and might have a plan. Other guys have hinted that they recognize similar issues, so it's getting recognized by more than me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.