Google Local Services - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Business Zone > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Like Tree17Likes

Old 03-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #1

View acesfour's Photo Album My Photos
Default Google Local Services

Google started offering local listing ads in my area. They vet you and offer the customer a $2000 guarantee on your work. The ads are pretty cheap to run and they only charge when a customer calls my business from the ad. Seems like a good deal. Does anyone else have experience with this?

Tracy
Aces Four Seattle
acesfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2019, 07:14 AM   #2

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesfour View Post
Google started offering local listing ads in my area. They vet you and offer the customer a $2000 guarantee on your work. The ads are pretty cheap to run and they only charge when a customer calls my business from the ad. Seems like a good deal. Does anyone else have experience with this?

Tracy
Aces Four Seattle

How cheap is cheap?

Tuckitin likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:47 PM   #3
Average Genius

View Tuckitin's Photo Album My Photos
Default Not sure . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesfour View Post
Google started offering local listing ads in my area. They vet you and offer the customer a $2000 guarantee on your work. The ads are pretty cheap to run and they only charge when a customer calls my business from the ad.
Sounds like a good idea. It's just hard to trust these companies. Call me old school but privacy is still a big issue for me. Don't want my information to end up in with some weird people. I heard they keep your cc on file. Which I find quite scary.
skoronesa likes this.
Tuckitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 04:38 PM   #4

View TheOfficeGirl's Photo Album My Photos

We already do google adwords, which I have mentioned here before. What I like is that we can turn them off and on as we need to fill the schedule. I just had a call from our SEO company that google has rolled our their google guarantee in our area. Basiclly it sounds like they vet your business much like Angie's List where you have to submit insurance and licensing information to be legitimized. Once you have their approval you can choose to either run your regular ad words or run the ads with the google guarantee. One of our competitors had been running with with the guarantee a few days ago and must have turned it off now because he wasn't showing when I searched. In the fine print the extra $2000 guarantee on your work is IF you book through google local services. I haven't looked into that further. Google also records both sides of the phone call to verify they can bill you. I would be interested in how this is working for others before jumping in
Tango likes this.
TheOfficeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:40 PM   #5

View TheOfficeGirl's Photo Album My Photos

Also - if you don't answer the phone their algorythems count it against you
dhal22, skoronesa and Tango like this.
TheOfficeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:15 AM   #6

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

We just got the email inquiry on this as well. 800 lb gorillas trying to take a slice out of our income.
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
dhal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:28 PM   #7

View Will's Photo Album My Photos

I did it and have had it off for months. They don't respect your zip codes at all, didn't serve me well or was it worth the cost.
Spacepirate and MASTRPLUMB like this.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Tango (08-04-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 11:51 AM   #8
The Old (antique) Master

View PLUMBER_BILL's Photo Album My Photos

[QUOTE=TheOfficeGirl;1210304]We already do google adwords,<SNIP>

You wrote I haven't looked into that further. Google also records both sides of the phone call to verify they can bill you. I would be interested in how this is working for others before jumping in.

Some where in the back of my mind is the remembrance of a law or laws that made it ill-eagle to record any phone conversations, without announcing prior that you were doing it...

READ THIS
https://www.rev.com/blog/phone-call-...ing-laws-state
skoronesa likes this.
A little of this and a little of that
PLUMBER_BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #9

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

[quote=PLUMBER_BILL;1210616]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOfficeGirl View Post
We already do google adwords,<SNIP>

You wrote I haven't looked into that further. Google also records both sides of the phone call to verify they can bill you. I would be interested in how this is working for others before jumping in.

Some where in the back of my mind is the remembrance of a law or laws that made it ill-eagle to record any phone conversations, without announcing prior that you were doing it...

READ THIS
https://www.rev.com/blog/phone-call-...ing-laws-state

ill bet google in the fine print says it will record phone calls and by using google you accept this..then it is legal...
dhal22, skoronesa and Tango like this.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #10

View Will's Photo Album My Photos

On Google Local Services they will credit you back if you dispute the call, but they will make the call on the credit based on your recorded phone call. It pissed me off because I had to make it a point to act like I don't want the call and figure out where the call was coming from. Then say "i'm sorry your outside my service area". All I got was calls in areas that I would have never serviced like north tulsa, I'm a good 45 min drive away from there. They got a lot of kinks to work out before I turn it back on. I did like how you don't have to have a contract, you can change your budget anytime and turn it off at anytime. To me, I'm too small a company to deal with it. Probably 1 out of 6 calls was a job, but to get that one job you had to paid 20 bucks a call.....not worth it to me.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote