Face book advertising... - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Business Zone > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Like Tree4Likes

Old 09-18-2016, 01:48 PM   #1
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos
Default Face book advertising...

I know that this topic has been spoken about sometime in the past and sorry for dredging it up again.... cant find the link

Facebook advertiseing?? good or bad or neutral on the topic??

Now that I am completely out of YP,
I have loads of advertising dollars to spend if I so choose to do so..
and its like fishing I suppose..... trying to find the right lure to attract
the customers you wish to catch on the line.......

I have done 1 boosted posts on Facebook for basically 10 bucks
to see what kind of response I get from it...... Started it 2 days ago
and about 400 people have seen the page.....already. and it will run a few more days before the 10 bucks is pissed away....

My question is ...will this equate to customers down the line??

It is certainly a dog dirt cheap way to get your name out there and its not
much more a week than one trip to MacDonalds for lunch to do....

anyone have any good luck with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is online now   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2016, 02:12 PM   #2

View Flyout95's Photo Album My Photos

I don't think people go to fb when they need a plumber.

That being said, if you have a fb page and offer a %off for following your page (just mark up the service that discounted amount) people might remember you when their heater fails or disposal Crunks out.
Flyout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyout95 View Post
I don't think people go to fb when they need a plumber.

That being said, if you have a fb page and offer a %off for following your page (just mark up the service that discounted amount) people might remember you when their heater fails or disposal Crunks out.

that is the general idea to get your name out there amongst everyone that likes your page and it goes off to their freinds too which can actually be literally thousands of people.......

they might remember you if you have posted something on your page that has stuck in their nimble minds for a while...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2016, 02:46 PM   #4

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mark View Post
that is the general idea to get your name out there amongst everyone that likes your page and it goes off to their freinds too which can actually be literally thousands of people.......

they might remember you if you have posted something on your page that has stuck in their nimble minds for a while...
You need to get them to like your page. When I first went solo, my wife set up a drawing for $100.00 off plumbing, heating, or air conditioning service for the winner. If they liked the page they got entry into the drawing. It seemed to work decent.
ShtRnsdownhill and Silverlane like this.
Debo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:36 PM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debo22 View Post
You need to get them to like your page. When I first went solo, my wife set up a drawing for $100.00 off plumbing, heating, or air conditioning service for the winner. If they liked the page they got entry into the drawing. It seemed to work decent.
Thats a great idea, and to add to it, have the people leave an email and contact number , this way you can mass email monthly specials or sales.just let the people know when they sign up for the free giveaway that you will be sending them info down the line to their email, this way you can build up a list of emails from people that may need plumbing, or sell products to, the power of suggestion..some people dont know they want to spend money on neat plumbing things around the house..such as, heated towel bars, water filters.etc..each month or week, send a mass email to 1/4 of your list and rotate who gets the emails so you dont kill them with too many emails..
Silverlane likes this.
ShtRnsdownhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:37 PM   #6

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debo22 View Post
so How many likes do you have already??
I am only pushing 200 likes which is not that many but sometime in the next 6-9 months I will be above 500 and at some point it has to have a lasting affect....

at least that is what I am told will happen..... but either way its not going to be that costly or expensive a campaign to find out.....

Old 09-18-2016, 10:42 PM   #7

Quote:
so How many likes do you have already??
I am only pushing 200 likes which is not that many but sometime in the next 6-9 months I will be above 500 and at some point it has to have a lasting affect....

at least that is what I am told will happen..... but either way its not going to be that costly or expensive a campaign to find out.....
I don't know how many likes are on there since I don't Facebook. We haven't advertised in a couple years. All my business comes from repeat customers, referrals, and a few trusted general contractors.

I get a lot of referrals coming from the Nextdoor website and the neighborhood Facebook page. As soon as someone asks for a plumber or a/c guy about 5 or more of my customers put my name and number on there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Debo22 For This Useful Post:
Master Mark (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 06:52 AM   #8

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

best way to get your name out there are from customers you already have..I tell all my customers if they recommend me to someone and they tell me who recommended me ,and I get the job they will get a $25.00 discount on their next plumbing job and they can build up the coupons no limit , I have one customer that has a stack of coupons worth a few hundred...$$$$ talks BS walks....
ShtRnsdownhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:25 PM   #9

View strength07's Photo Album My Photos
Default My Website

Quote:
I know that this topic has been spoken about sometime in the past and sorry for dredging it up again.... cant find the link

Facebook advertiseing?? good or bad or neutral on the topic??

Now that I am completely out of YP,
I have loads of advertising dollars to spend if I so choose to do so..
and its like fishing I suppose..... trying to find the right lure to attract
the customers you wish to catch on the line.......

I have done 1 boosted posts on Facebook for basically 10 bucks
to see what kind of response I get from it...... Started it 2 days ago
and about 400 people have seen the page.....already. and it will run a few more days before the 10 bucks is pissed away....

My question is ...will this equate to customers down the line??

It is certainly a dog dirt cheap way to get your name out there and its not
much more a week than one trip to MacDonalds for lunch to do....

anyone have any good luck with it.

I tried the face book advertising and i just found it to be very expensive
and not worth while.So what i did was optimized my website with more content min of 1,000 words on every page made sure it was mobile friendly because 90% of potential customers are searching on their phones. i put a lot of images and made sure that they are key word rich just my doing that i was able to rank organically on the first page for certain key words and its free you can check it out at http://www.waynenjplumbing.com
strength07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by strength07 View Post
I tried the face book advertising and i just found it to be very expensive
and not worth while.So what i did was optimized my website with more content min of 1,000 words on every page made sure it was mobile friendly because 90% of potential customers are searching on their phones. i put a lot of images and made sure that they are key word rich just my doing that i was able to rank organically on the first page for certain key words and its free you can check it out at ]
All of us here have found that spamming plumbing forums is very bad advertising
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Debo22 For This Useful Post:
Master Mark (09-29-2016), Tommy plumber (10-13-2016)