Can Someone Please Refer Me a Great SEO Company? - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Business Zone > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 11-26-2015, 07:32 AM   #1

View Blackhawk's Photo Album My Photos
Default Can Someone Please Refer Me a Great SEO Company?

I do not have time to do my own SEO, and the algorithms change so often that I just want to hire experts to do it for me.

It is so hard finding someone who know what they are doing and are honest.

So please please, someone must know a great firm for me to hire????? I would be forever grateful, as most of these companies promise the world, overcharge for the most underwhelming performance.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #2
Master Plumber

View plumberkc's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk
I do not have time to do my own SEO, and the algorithms change so often that I just want to hire experts to do it for me. It is so hard finding someone who know what they are doing and are honest. So please please, someone must know a great firm for me to hire????? I would be forever grateful, as most of these companies promise the world, overcharge for the most underwhelming performance.
Good SEO is tough to measure. The best techniques may take a year or more before they increase you're ranking but they seem to really stick.

Why don't you google "SEO" or "SEO City Name". If they can't get their own company to the front page of google how they hell are they going to get yours there?
plumberkc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plumberkc For This Useful Post:
Redwood (11-26-2015)
Old 11-26-2015, 12:27 PM   #3
Certified Lunatic

View Redwood's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to Redwood

There is a lot of stuff written here already which I won't repeat again but I'll suggest that you make sure you read and learn the difference between SEO and SEM along with what organic search results and paid search results are.

Many people have difficulty understanding the difference and a vast number of companies claiming to be doing SEO are exploiting this lack of knowledge.

Really effective SEO does require some input from you on social media.

Look through some of my past posts on the subject and learn then we'll talk.

Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2015, 07:48 PM   #4

I am already fully aware of the difference between SEO and SEM.

I will not partake in SEM (the return on investment is far too low as I am in a very competitive area) Clicks are usually $30-$55 for our target city + Plumbers.

When I launched the company I worked hard with some local guys side-by-side building links, citations, good content, ect...

Problem is I have no time to keep up on algorithm changes, and the guys I was working with cannot get me past page 2 for our most critical key words after over a year and a half.

I just need someone or a company that can rank us for a few cities + plumbers and rank us local on the map in the top 3 blast and first page organic search.

I am patient but I need someone good we can trust, that doesn't want us to pay an arm and a leg for the service.
localseoplumber (12-13-2015), Redwood (11-27-2015)
Old 11-27-2015, 08:53 PM   #5
Water Whisperer

View Plumber's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post

I am patient but I need someone good we can trust, that doesn't want us to pay an arm and a leg for the service.
You sound like my customers. You pay for what you get, so cheap will get you cheap. I'd look for the geek driving the Rolls, not the one taking the bus.

Go local, too. Those guys are usually really connected to locals.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumber View Post
You sound like my customers. You pay for what you get, so cheap will get you cheap. I'd look for the geek driving the Rolls, not the one taking the bus.

Go local, too. Those guys are usually really connected to locals.
I would pay someone really good 1k - 1.5k a month if they were really good. Problem is the large marketing firms want a minimum of an 8k a month investment to work with you.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:39 PM   #7
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
I would pay someone really good 1k - 1.5k a month if they were really good. Problem is the large marketing firms want a minimum of an 8k a month investment to work with you.

Black hawk...did you get my pm??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:14 PM   #8

View sierra2000's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk
If a company can bring you many times over your investment and you have the guys to run calls and can afford the initial $8k, it costs you nothing then.
It would come down to that for me. I'm currently paying someone $1800 a month and I'm a OMS.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:27 AM   #9
3%'er

View BOBBYTUCSON's Photo Album My Photos

when i first got my contractors license , i got so many calls from seo firms that i quit answering the phone. it was rediculous. now , im wishing i would have gave them the time of day , as i myself is wanting to do this now aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns_TPS View Post
Apple will never have an app for what we do. iPlunger?
BOBBYTUCSON is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BOBBYTUCSON For This Useful Post:
localseoplumber (12-13-2015)
Old 11-29-2015, 09:01 AM   #10
Water Whisperer

View Plumber's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Yikes. 1k is too much.

I'm more like my customers than my customers are like me. When this whole internet marketing thing started, I learned the SEO basics for the major players like Google, etc. and it's easier than you think. Google has lots of DYI instructions.

Do it.