Angies List and Home Advisor One in the Same - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Business Zone > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Like Tree48Likes

Old 07-09-2019, 09:50 PM   #1

View JohnnieSqueeze's Photo Album My Photos
Default Angies List and Home Advisor One in the Same

just cut my $550/month angieslist advert at the neck after finding out HOME ADVISOR bought them in 2017. The angies salesmen swore to me up and down they were not affiliated when I renegotiated my annual spend with them in 2017. Well word got around to me finally and a colleague, a professional much like you boys, told me about the home advisor buyout a few weeks ago.

Just wanted you all to know they are one in the same.

I cancelled HA years ago when I googled my business and found a 1-888 number claiming it was me, sending my organic lead back to HA for them to turn it around and sell it back to ME and my COMPETITORS.

Buyer beware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GAN likes this.
JohnnieSqueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnnieSqueeze For This Useful Post:
MACPLUMB777 (07-10-2019), skoronesa (07-10-2019)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2019, 10:03 PM   #2

View Standard Drain's Photo Album My Photos

I refuse to work with those companies and any national "maintenence" companies anymore...

I dropped HA years ago when I found my old boss who was a registered violent sex offender was "background check certified" by HA.
skoronesa likes this.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:16 PM   #3
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

I just found out how the hell the fake plumbing company in my area was always in the 3 pack on google and organic search. He even got 2-3 fines last year pretending his guys are plumbers. The angry part is that he can still operate because he has the GC licence but no one checks if he sub the jobs to plumbing contractrors.

I've been asking myself for over a year how he got there, I think I know and I'm going to use the same tactic. It's totally legit but it was the missing link to my seo. Watch out, probably a few months and I'll be on top.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Tango is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #4

tango

how

skoronesa likes this.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:09 PM   #5

View V.A Hydro-ooter's Photo Album My Photos

When I went off on my own I briefly thought about joining them. I just couldn't bring myself to do it because everyone I know who uses them always complains. They're always the same complaints; cheap customers, leads sent to too many competitors, dead end leads which they still charge for, leads getting too expensive, etc.

I used to think they just said that to have one less competitor. Then I went to a lead for a water service repair where the homeowner told me she would never use HA again because she received calls from over 10 companies when she filled out the service request.

I also get the occasional call from home warranty companies. I tell them straight up that they aren't going to be willing to pay what I charge. I know the plumbers they usually get charge a lot less than what I or any of the companies I've worked for would charge.
V.A Hydro-ooter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V.A Hydro-ooter For This Useful Post:
Master Mark (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 07:59 PM   #6
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos

Angies list does not bother me too much.... we do ok with them and have been with them since about 2003.. got about 200 reviews that go back that far too....... I give them 200 a month and that is it.....

Home advisor totally sucks and I dont know how in the hell they are still in business ..... being the fact that they were service majic before then...

I owe them about 150 bucks and they attempted to collect from me and threw me to a collection agency to get the money out of me..... I just told them to go to hell when they called....

now their new salesmen call me and want to waive the bill if I just come back on board with them.... They must be desperate to get suckers to send their leads to..

On another note, I believe that GOOGLE owns home advisor and then that means they own Angies list too....

its all a conspiracy I tell you...........

skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #7
Moderator Wizard

I started a google adwords campaign and it's a piece of $hit. Every freaking thing you do needs to be approved 24 to 48 hours. You add a word it all stops. And then they don't tell you why your ad doesn't show then a couple days later I called again this time they told me I needed a code on my website so I spent an hour with someone from pakistan telling me how to code stuff.

Then another 2 days before it was supposed to start officially, now my ad isn't showing because I'm not offering enough money. So I raise and it doesn't want my money. I tried 7 times to raise bids, now it tells me to turn off my ad blocker and I can't access my control panel. F_c_K this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tango For This Useful Post:
Master Mark (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 07:39 AM   #8
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I started a google adwords campaign and it's a piece of $hit. Every freaking thing you do needs to be approved 24 to 48 hours. You add a word it all stops. And then they don't tell you why your ad doesn't show then a couple days later I called again this time they told me I needed a code on my website so I spent an hour with someone from pakistan telling me how to code stuff.

Then another 2 days before it was supposed to start officially, now my ad isn't showing because I'm not offering enough money. So I raise and it doesn't want my money. I tried 7 times to raise bids, now it tells me to turn off my ad blocker and I can't access my control panel. F_c_K this.

so how much money are you giving google per lead??? its basically just the same game that home advisor plays.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #9

MAJOR DIFFERENCE

adwords allows you to control your demographics. HA sells you any lead from anyone wanting a price. Yes HA allows you to control locations but not demographics. My adwords is set to male and female homeowners who visit certain websites like better homes and garden and certain investment websites, who additionally file taxes for over $125,000 per household.

I pay 30-100 per CALL not lead. This person who clicks my AD has already committed to buy from ME!

skoronesa likes this.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #10
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieSqueeze View Post
tango

how

After researching it's not going to work...