Just bought a 2006 ford e150 van , did i make a mistake ? - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Tools, Products & Safety > Trucks, Vans, and Trailers

Old 08-13-2015, 01:10 AM   #1
3%'er

View BOBBYTUCSON's Photo Album My Photos
Default Just bought a 2006 ford e150 van , did i make a mistake ?

Immaculate condition , 70k miles , picked it up 1,200 under blue book. But its a ford .....anybody have or had an econoline150 that can tell me bad things or good things ? Ive always been an express guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns_TPS View Post
Apple will never have an app for what we do. iPlunger?
BOBBYTUCSON is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 01:47 PM   #2

View Workhorseplmg's Photo Album My Photos

I've got 2 fords with the triton engines, 1 v10 and 1 small v-8. Only issue I've had is the spark plug blowing out of the head. I've heard that this is an issue on the triton engine. It's happened twice on the v10. The shop I take them to fixed it relatively fast and easy. Both have over 200k and still run great, though I'm in the market to replace one with a ford truck and use the van for a back up.
Workhorseplmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:09 PM   #3

View PLUMB TIME's Photo Album My Photos

Had a couple. Front end chamfer (sp) issues, but that is common, or was. Decent mileage and better ride than Dodge.

my .02
PLUMB TIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 11:30 PM   #4
3%'er

thanks guys . and ive have indeed been reading about the spark plug issues. the rubber boots seem to wear out and very few threads that the plugs thread into. i hope i have good luck. and man , this thing really is smooth !

Quote:
Old 08-14-2015, 06:39 PM   #5
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos

ford is a good van. I have had many and did not ever have the plug problems with the newer units like a 2006 The triton v-8 enjine is a great motor...

.. the only thing wrong with your choice is
it is only a e-150... you will probably get about 13 mpg which is about
average.. but it is a light weight unit and you wont be able to really weigh it
down like the e-250 or the e-350 vans... I had a e-350 maxi van and we had that puppy loaded down with materials....

if you are going to load it down I suggest you get heavier springs and leafs installed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:52 AM   #6
3%'er

i will definitely be looking into getting heavier duty springs and leafs. the leaf is the shock thing right ? the only weight ill be carrying is a general speedrooter 92 and some copper

Quote:
Old 08-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #7
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBYTUCSON View Post
i will definitely be looking into getting heavier duty springs and leafs. the leaf is the shock thing right ? the only weight ill be carrying is a general speedrooter 92 and some copper

We had a dodje 150 a long time ago and had to have it beefed up with leafs because it was literally weighed down so bad with plumbing junk

I think we beefed it up from a 150 up to about a 350 with the added leafs and springs and the thing lasted forever...

the 150 will work fine as long as you are not expecting to do a lot of heavy
work out of it every day.... The 350 is a workhorse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 02:11 PM   #8
3%'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mark View Post
We had a dodje 150 a long time ago and had to have it beefed up with leafs because it was literally weighed down so bad with plumbing junk

I think we beefed it up from a 150 up to about a 350 with the added leafs and springs and the thing lasted forever...

the 150 will work fine as long as you are not expecting to do a lot of heavy
work out of it every day.... The 350 is a workhorse...

Not really heavy work. Carrying a few snakes and some pipe. My speed rooter 92 and k400. Just service calls.

And that's funny you mention the Dodge lol , that's what I'm upgrading from , a 1994 dodge b 20 van v6 without a.c. lol

Quote: