The end of my truck - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Tools, Products & Safety > Trucks, Vans, and Trailers


Like Tree84Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2020, 06:13 PM   #1
philosopher and statesmen
 
Master Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis indiana ...
Posts: 7,235

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos
Default The end of my truck

I got this 1997 ford box truck in 2012 and although it was old already I have put about 130 miles on it in 8 years..... We dont do a lot of long distance running so it works out to about 16k a year more or less.......

The air conditiong is out now and the front end has blown a spring and basically the front end is shot and rusted out....I have put flu pipe metal down on the floor due to it rotting all the way through and the front end and radiator is basically being held in place with bailing wire.... I guess its time to go

it amazes me now that I am pulling stuff out of this 1997 box truck just how much junk I have stuffed into this truck over the past 8 years.... see for yourself... I got a long way to go before its empty...
The small fitting drawers on both sides probably weigh 500 lbs each and have just about every fitting known to man in them.....they are gonna be a bitc/ to move and sort out too

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZT778vpAcARUYq3z7

I am transferring it to the spare truck 2006 U-haul with 112,000 miles on it which drives like a dream compared to the log wagon I have been in

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YydQtDEMRiLkqTdh7

My guess is I have pulled about 15k in valves and other goodies that I did not know I had and am storing the extra stuff and throwing the rest in the new van......lots of these fittings have gone for the whole ride and are pretty shop worn ... they have not seen the light of day since 2012

the new van is ok, but does not have that lift on it......went out today and did an electric heater and it went ok but I am spoiled with the lift


and I guess will be looking for another spare truck to keep in reserve.

I now got a cheap box van for sale to the next lucky mexican that comes along with the cash.....
GAN, OpenSights, skoronesa and 2 others like this.
__________________
God created man in his image and likeness but Sam Colt made them all equal."
http://weilhammerplumbing.com/
http://plumberindianapolis.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-30-2020, 09:16 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 8,485

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mark View Post
I got this 1997 ford box truck in 2012 and although it was old already I have put about 130 miles on it in 8 years..... We dont do a lot of long distance running so it works out to about 16k a year more or less.......

The air conditiong is out now and the front end has blown a spring and basically the front end is shot and rusted out....I have put flu pipe metal down on the floor due to it rotting all the way through and the front end and radiator is basically being held in place with bailing wire.... I guess its time to go

it amazes me now that I am pulling stuff out of this 1997 box truck just how much junk I have stuffed into this truck over the past 8 years.... see for yourself... I got a long way to go before its empty...
The small fitting drawers on both sides probably weigh 500 lbs each and have just about every fitting known to man in them.....they are gonna be a bitc/ to move and sort out too

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZT778vpAcARUYq3z7

I am transferring it to the spare truck 2006 U-haul with 112,000 miles on it which drives like a dream compared to the log wagon I have been in

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YydQtDEMRiLkqTdh7

My guess is I have pulled about 15k in valves and other goodies that I did not know I had and am storing the extra stuff and throwing the rest in the new van......lots of these fittings have gone for the whole ride and are pretty shop worn ... they have not seen the light of day since 2012

the new van is ok, but does not have that lift on it......went out today and did an electric heater and it went ok but I am spoiled with the lift


and I guess will be looking for another spare truck to keep in reserve.

I now got a cheap box van for sale to the next lucky mexican that comes along with the cash.....
why cant you transfer the rear liftgate to the new truck?


and dont forget to take your name off the side of the truck before it ends up in iraq with a bunch of rg heads driving it around like the last plumber had his pick up truck with name in the news being used in terrorist attacks..
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShtRnsdownhill For This Useful Post:
Master Mark (05-30-2020)
Old 05-30-2020, 09:58 PM   #3
philosopher and statesmen
 
Master Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis indiana ...
Posts: 7,235

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
why cant you transfer the rear liftgate to the new truck?


and dont forget to take your name off the side of the truck before it ends up in iraq with a bunch of rg heads driving it around like the last plumber had his pick up truck with name in the news being used in terrorist attacks..

I found out the hard way that lift gates are usually specially ordered for different height trucks . I would love to have that lift gate cut off that truck and put on the new one but the place I have asked about this refuse to mess with it... also the gate is so old that the company has gone
out of business so parts are discontinued...

I guess Its about like someone asking the plumber to install a used old garbage disposal ....... I might ask around more about this -- of course the gate new is about 6k

the billboard on the side of the truck is rivited on there and easily removed and will probably screw onto the newer ford truck fairly easily....

So far I have pulled out about 25 rheem and bradford white "newer" used gas valves that I have tucked away on the top shelf... I even found a couple of bradford white gas valves new in the box that were pre-ICON valves so they are probably not good for anything under 10 years old...

.and their are about 15 used burner assemblies to be moved over eventually

Keeping my eye on E-bay for something with a lift gate.


__________________
God created man in his image and likeness but Sam Colt made them all equal."
http://weilhammerplumbing.com/
http://plumberindianapolis.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-30-2020, 10:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 8,485

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default

for temporary just install a mobile crane on the back deck, bolt it into the floor and use a strap to lift heaters and equipment in and out of the truck...


like this one..cheap and easy..


https://www.harborfreight.com/pickup...ity-61522.html
GAN, skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 11:28 PM   #5
philosopher and statesmen
 
Master Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis indiana ...
Posts: 7,235

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
for temporary just install a mobile crane on the back deck, bolt it into the floor and use a strap to lift heaters and equipment in and out of the truck...


like this one..cheap and easy..


https://www.harborfreight.com/pickup...ity-61522.html
the U-haul truck has a pull out ramp which works fine for most heaters,,, its just a lot of extra effort to mess with it, it works just fine

but if you have a heavy 75 gallon unit on a s wet day going up that ramp and its gonna be fun,,,,,

a simple electric wench I have used before in my vans years ago... it would pull up the big boys....

I am really gonna miss that rail gate

__________________
God created man in his image and likeness but Sam Colt made them all equal."
http://weilhammerplumbing.com/
http://plumberindianapolis.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 03:12 PM   #6
Super Moderator
 
OpenSights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Grand Ledge, MI
Posts: 6,992

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos
Default

When my master bought his new (used) cube, it took a day to empty out and sort through everything, day and a half to pick up the new truck and move the racks and a day to restock.
skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
OpenSights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:20 PM   #7
philosopher and statesmen
 
Master Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis indiana ...
Posts: 7,235

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos
Default

getting used to the newer 2006 u-haul E450.... it drives a lot nicer than the old log wagon did.....

I pulled out of the log wagon about 20 silent check valves and god knows how many fluid master ballcocks and flappers....

I dont think the supply houses will be hearing from me until I burn through this old stock that has gone around the earth at least one time.....


setting up a truck the way you like it is basically art work and it takes at least a 6 pack of beer while doing this project just to sit back with and figure out how exactly it will work out the best....

proper shelving and strategic placement of your materials is the key to having a warehouse on the road with you



skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
__________________
God created man in his image and likeness but Sam Colt made them all equal."
http://weilhammerplumbing.com/
http://plumberindianapolis.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:32 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Southwastern Ontario the land of the wind turbines
Posts: 936

View Dpeckplb's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mark View Post


setting up a truck the way you like it is basically art work and it takes at least a 6 pack of beer while doing this project just to sit back with and figure out how exactly it will work out the best....

proper shelving and strategic placement of your materials is the key to having a warehouse on the road with you



I hear you with the beer comment.
Attached Thumbnails
The end of my truck-d393226d-28db-4d39-bbaa-aef2c2d6e1fd_1591673536808.jpg  

skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
__________________
Every 20 minute job is one broken bolt away from being a whole day ordeal.
Dpeckplb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:14 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
skoronesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Bumfuk, Mississippi
Posts: 3,777

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeckplb View Post
I hear you with the beer comment.



Lolz, he said BEER, not rocky mountain oyster juice


Perhaps @OpenSights can suggest something that will put some hair on your chest


.
OpenSights and Tango like this.
__________________
Want privacy from the diy/hacks? Too bad, the motherland has fallen, freedom is dead.


"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:12 AM   #10
philosopher and statesmen
 
Master Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis indiana ...
Posts: 7,235

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Actually I should have said Guinness stout smooth Beer....
which has been the beer of choice for me for about a decade.
......I cant handle the cheap stuff any more....
Fat Tire is ok but the rest will keep me up all night....

I am basically finished with the truck except for minor lighting thoughts...
will post something later....


skoronesa likes this.
__________________
God created man in his image and likeness but Sam Colt made them all equal."
http://weilhammerplumbing.com/
http://plumberindianapolis.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | ElectricianTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | RoofingTalk.com