Tankless water heaters and unrefined natural gas - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Boilers, Hot Water & Steam Heating

Like Tree33Likes
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 08:30 PM   #1

View Cwyscarver's Photo Album My Photos
Default Tankless water heaters and unrefined natural gas

So we are on our 2nd tankless water heater and it still doesn’t work very consistently. So we own a Takagi and it runs hot and cold then cuts off after 10-15 minutes. I called the manufacturer and they are telling me they are not designed for unrefined natural gas. We have our own gas wells and tank heaters work perfect so just wondering if others are having the same issues? Also are there other brands that will work with unrefined natural gas?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #2
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwyscarver View Post
So we are on our 2nd tankless water heater and it still doesn’t work very consistently. So we own a Takagi and it runs hot and cold then cuts off after 10-15 minutes. I called the manufacturer and they are telling me they are not designed for unrefined natural gas. We have our own gas wells and tank heaters work perfect so just wondering if others are having the same issues? Also are there other brands that will work with unrefined natural gas?
You should of bought one using crude oil like the one I have, has been running like a champ for the last 20 years.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:01 PM   #3
Moderator Wizard

By the way you should join the boys in Da Hood. Post an intro.

Attached Thumbnails
Tankless water heaters and unrefined natural gas-jengi_koolla.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2020, 09:13 PM   #4

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwyscarver View Post
yeah, just post your name and credit card number, we bill $250.00 and hour for all advice and answers, with a 2 hour minimum...
Old 07-11-2020, 10:32 PM   #5

View SchmitzPlumbing's Photo Album My Photos

i got nothing. the corn on the can and ice cream is good though.
chonkie, MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:45 PM   #6

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

He says they "Have their own gas wells".

So this guys has a well, drilled in such an area that he is fortunate enough to find natural gas, and he doesn't also have the money to pay someone to fix this problem for him?

How do you have access to a natural resource so valuable yet you can't afford a plumber?

Surely you have enough money that this isn't even a problem you would concern yourself with?

Are you mildly retarded? Even Jed Clampett knew when he struck it rich.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
Old 07-11-2020, 11:52 PM   #7

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

We have a customer that grew up in their current home and is now about 85. In the basement until recently, there was a gas generator. It was a sealed vessel which you would put gasoline or other light petroleum products into. It had a jacket through which steam from the boiler would flow. This would "crack" the petroleum and produce gas which was then funneled through the piping in the walls to lamps.

She recalls it being used up until she was about 12. The only other one they know of having been installed exploded, destroyed the home it was in, and killed the entire family as they were sleeping at the time. It was shortly after this they ceased using the gas generator.

This same house has toilets with vent attachments on the wall hung toilet bowls. These vents were piped with 2" round duct up to the chimney to provide a constant updraft and removal of foul odors.

Needless to say, this is/was a very wealthy family, always having the most cutting edge technology installed in their home.

breplum and Tango like this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
The Following User Says Thank You to skoronesa For This Useful Post:
MACPLUMB777 (07-12-2020)
Old 07-12-2020, 06:24 AM   #8

View Cwyscarver's Photo Album My Photos

OK smart ass so Ive now used two of these so called “plumbers” and neither one of them can wipe their own ass. The first one bought the unit and did the install the second one came in to look at it and said he had no idea so I figured I would do a little research myself. Thought I might find someone here educated enough but apparently I’m at the wrong place. I’ll try to locate real plumber elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
He says they "Have their own gas wells".

So this guys has a well, drilled in such an area that he is fortunate enough to find natural gas, and he doesn't also have the money to pay someone to fix this problem for him?

How do you have access to a natural resource so valuable yet you can't afford a plumber?

Surely you have enough money that this isn't even a problem you would concern yourself with?

Are you mildly retarded? Even Jed Clampett knew when he struck it rich.

skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:35 AM   #9

View Toli's Photo Album My Photos

There are a lot of things in raw nat gas that could cause poor combustion.
jakewilcox likes this.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:56 AM   #10
Moderator Wizard

PlumbingZone.com is designed to be a pros only community and that means that "Do It Yourself" homeowners looking for free advice and other non-professionals are not allowed to join the site.

@Cwyscarver

You came barging in without reading the forum rules so that's what you get.
skoronesa likes this.
Closed Thread