75 gallon tank vs. Tankless - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Boilers, Hot Water & Steam Heating

Like Tree26Likes

Old 04-19-2019, 03:21 PM   #1

View JohnnieSqueeze's Photo Album My Photos
Default 75 gallon tank vs. Tankless

Calculated demand and a house im working on needs over 12.5 gpm tankless. Which apparently means two tankless units. He currently has a 75 gallon water heater. How does a tankless with 8gpm compare to a 75 gallon tank unit? Cant find anything really online far as a chart may be concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnnieSqueeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #2
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

I'd call a manufacturer they would know what to recommend.
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:21 PM   #3
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos

its mostly going to boil down to cost.....

unless the fool wants endless hot water in the shower
where he can stand there all day long...... the 75 gal power vent
is what I would prefer having ...

I am having this debate right now with a customer ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #4

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

I have never met an unhappy tankless water heater customer. All positive reviews and feedback. I mean performance not defects or installation issues.

What about a jetted/soaking tub? 75 might not be enough. A new customer of mine has a 4 person sized jetted tub and it's used (according to him) sometimes twice a day.

He currently has 10-15 guests at his house for Easter weekend. Extremes? Yes, but a few dollars more and you have the extremes covered. We probably install 20+ tankless a year.
ShtRnsdownhill and MASTRPLUMB like this.
dhal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dhal22 For This Useful Post:
breplum (04-20-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 10:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhal22 View Post
I have never met an unhappy tankless water heater customer. All positive reviews and feedback. I mean performance not defects or installation issues.

What about a jetted/soaking tub? 75 might not be enough. A new customer of mine has a 4 person sized jetted tub and it's used (according to him) sometimes twice a day.

He currently has 10-15 guests at his house for Easter weekend. Extremes? Yes, but a few dollars more and you have the extremes covered. We probably install 20+ tankless a year.

moving to the business lounge section id love to know your rates in your area for a tankless install

Old 04-20-2019, 07:40 AM   #6

View Will's Photo Album My Photos

I'd go tankless in that range. Get a Navien 240A, get two of them if needed. 75 have gone up so much, in that range tankless makes since imo. Rheem also makes a good tankless(Paloma)
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
I'd go tankless in that range. Get a Navien 240A, get two of them if needed. 75 have gone up so much, in that range tankless makes since imo. Rheem also makes a good tankless(Paloma)

I hate rheem

dhal22 likes this.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:59 AM   #8

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

I only install takagi tankless heaters, so far no issues, but that doesnt mean they will change design in the future, I try to stick with 1 manufacture until systemic problems occur ...and you have to look at performance and the luxury side ( unlimited hot water) before you worry about price...the guy buying a Lamborghini doesnt shop by price, he shops for performance first, thats what a tankless is..a performance heater...
Old 04-20-2019, 06:52 PM   #9
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

After reading all these posts you guys all get free gas licences??? Or you did a plumbing contractor licence and another separate contractor exam for gas? What about insurance for gas? One of my boss told us it cost him 8 000$ a year for gas insurance.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:28 PM   #10

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
After reading all these posts you guys all get free gas licences??? Or you did a plumbing contractor licence and another separate contractor exam for gas? What about insurance for gas? One of my boss told us it cost him 8 000$ a year for gas insurance.

once again your country sucks ..my master licensed lets me do anything plumbing or gas and have my own business and employ people..all under just 1 license...
PLUMB TIME and dhal22 like this.