Thinking about moving - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Business Zone > Help Wanted or Looking For Work > Looking For Work

Like Tree10Likes

Old 07-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #1

View Burnsy810's Photo Album My Photos
Default Thinking about moving

I'm a journeyman plumber with ten yrs exp. in commercial plumbing in the Denver area. My wife and I are looking to move too a little bit smaller place to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city. We are looking to move to anywhere except the east coast. Thank you in advance.
jsplumbing likes this.
Burnsy810 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2017, 07:00 PM   #2

View Eddy k's Photo Album My Photos

Glenwood Springs Colorado, I love that place, surrounded by money towns, Aspen and Vail.
Eddy k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #3
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PZ. Lansing MI isn't the best area I've lived in, but there's lots of plumbing work here. Service, new construction, commercial not as much, but still pretty good. Cost of living isn't bad at all. You can buy a livable house here for $20k and up. You wouldn't be stepping on my toes, if anything I wish there were more plumbers around me. We're so booked people cancel their appointments two weeks prior and that spot is filled by the end of the day!

Research the area, and if you are serious let me know. I know most plumbers around here, or at least seen their work .
OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2017, 09:17 PM   #4

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome aboard, great to have you. I hope that you find work where it fits your family's needs.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:26 AM   #5

View Burnsy810's Photo Album My Photos

Thanks for the welcomes and thanks for the recommendation opensights. I will definitely get in touch with you if my wife is ok with that place
Burnsy810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #6

View coil1942's Photo Album My Photos

There is a lot of work here in Montana and not a lot of people to do it. If you don't mind a commute ,an hour or less you can find a little privacy and still be close to the work. I'm an hour from bozeman,would never live there, but there is plenty of work,and no recreation

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
coil1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:16 PM   #7
GAN
Super Moderator

View GAN's Photo Album My Photos

Hail your way.

St. Louis metro not really going all that strong. I do agree the Colorado area and more out west seem to be going stronger.
the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #8
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsy810 View Post
Thanks for the welcomes and thanks for the recommendation opensights. I will definitely get in touch with you if my wife is ok with that place
Lots of outer cities, some have ridiculous taxes, some not so much. My only real complaint is how flat it is out here, but good hunting, fishing and of course we have "up north". Hard to explain, but when you head north, even for just the weekend, it's like a huge weight that fades the further north you go.
OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:26 PM   #9

View Tiger_plumbing's Photo Album My Photos

I would have to disagree with GAN, we are located in the Metro-East (Illinois) part of the St Louis area and we have PLENTY of work. Feel free to contact me to discuss the possibilities.
Tiger_plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:20 PM   #10
GAN
Super Moderator

View GAN's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger_plumbing View Post
I would have to disagree with GAN, we are located in the Metro-East (Illinois) part of the St Louis area and we have PLENTY of work. Feel free to contact me to discuss the possibilities.
Yes I know your shop. You used to be located in my jurisdiction. If I am not mistaken you are a non-union shop that deals in a somewhat "sales based" flat rate projects?

You also do electrical work, run your own small back hoes, and water softener work.

Don't fail to mention you do almost exclusively repair work, correct?
the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GAN For This Useful Post:
Gargalaxy (09-25-2017)