Old people - Page 2 - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > New Member Introductions


Like Tree42Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2019, 08:29 PM   #11
Moderator Wizard
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Québec
Posts: 5,641

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
Passwordgate didn’t help either. I know when I first joined I’d klick new posts and there would be a page and a half of posts. Now 3-12 new posts max per day.

Not to mention new tradesmen not entertaining, longer days for the rest of us. There are days I come home tired. Read up and I’m just done for the night.
Sure sure let me do all the typing to entertain you guys... I'm tired too you know writing all those soaps WITH PICTURES! You guys are spoiled....Speaking of which I have to start calculating my paperwork for taxes on top of my soaps..
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-16-2019, 10:07 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
skoronesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,273

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
Passwordgate didn’t help either. I know when I first joined I’d klick new posts and there would be a page and a half of posts. Now 3-12 new posts max per day.

Not to mention new tradesmen not entertaining, longer days for the rest of us. There are days I come home tired. Read up and I’m just done for the night.



Darn near everyday I take some pics I plan to show you guys. But by the time I get the kids feed and in bed, spend some time with the wife and do some chores I have almost no energy left to write volumes.


Occasionally I will make a ton of posts like the other night on the plumbing pictures thread where my posts spanned two pages and most of you didn't even see the first half because you didn't go back a page.











.
GAN, Debo22, OpenSights and 1 others like this.
__________________
Want privacy from the diy/hacks? Too bad, the motherland has fallen, freedom is dead.


"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:15 PM   #13
Moderator Wizard
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Québec
Posts: 5,641

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
Darn near everyday I take some pics I plan to show you guys. But by the time I get the kids feed and in bed, spend some time with the wife and do some chores I have almost no energy left to write volumes.


Occasionally I will make a ton of posts like the other night on the plumbing pictures thread where my posts spanned two pages and most of you didn't even see the first half because you didn't go back a page.











.

Pheewww, I'm safe!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-16-2019, 10:24 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
skoronesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,273

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Pheewww, I'm safe!



I don't get it?








.
__________________
Want privacy from the diy/hacks? Too bad, the motherland has fallen, freedom is dead.


"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:25 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
dhal22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,382

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Oh wait the award goes to Jnohs!!
And he came back. I couldn't believe that. But you're correct, he was furious.
skoronesa likes this.
dhal22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:03 PM   #16
Moderator Wizard
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Québec
Posts: 5,641

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
I don't get it?








.
I saw those pictures and put a like on each.
skoronesa likes this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Plumbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Francisco Peninsula
Posts: 2,224

View Plumbus's Photo Album My Photos
Default

I just looked up my profile and it says I've been here since '08. I don't participate every day, but I check in a couple times a week when I'm not on the road.
I will admit to being old. Just turned 68 yesterday and I don't feel a day older than 67.
dhal22, GAN, OpenSights and 2 others like this.
Plumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Plumbus For This Useful Post:
justme (12-17-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 05:29 AM   #18
3rd year apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Where it gets cold.
Posts: 280

View goeswiththeflow's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck92 View Post
I like this forum cause only other plumbers can relate to what happens on a daily basis.
When my spouse askes "hows your day" i just say good or bad now cause anything more then that im speaking korean.
Right on.

It's not just here, forums are becoming passe. I used to be on half a dozen, in various unrelated subjects. They are all dying. This one is actually the most active one I've been on in several years. I blame facebook. I still don't get it. I can't stand the format, among other things. There is no continuity. I like being able to be here every day, or off for two weeks and still be able to go back and see the threads and start off right where I left.
OpenSights and ShtRnsdownhill like this.
__________________
Fighting the good fight, piping the good pipe.
goeswiththeflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:55 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 6,026

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbus View Post
I just looked up my profile and it says I've been here since '08. I don't participate every day, but I check in a couple times a week when I'm not on the road.
I will admit to being old. Just turned 68 yesterday and I don't feel a day older than 67.



there is nothing wrong with being old or getting older....everyone alive will get there some day..and the downside to not getting older is being DEAD..sooo ill take getting older..the trick is to try and take care of yourself so you can continue to get older but also have quality of life and some enjoyment on the trip.....
OpenSights, skoronesa and Tango like this.
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:05 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Plumbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Francisco Peninsula
Posts: 2,224

View Plumbus's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
there is nothing wrong with being old or getting older....everyone alive will get there some day..and the downside to not getting older is being DEAD..sooo ill take getting older..the trick is to try and take care of yourself so you can continue to get older but also have quality of life and some enjoyment on the trip.....
The view above the grass is far superior to that below.
Keeping in shape is definitely helpful. Give or take a pound, I weigh what I did at 21 (190 lbs).
I exercise pretty hard 6 days a week when not touring the globe.
Plumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | ElectricianTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | RoofingTalk.com