New Member Intro - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree14Likes

Old 10-04-2019, 04:47 PM   #1

View naprosser's Photo Album My Photos
Default New Member Intro

Hey guys

I'm from the DMV (DC, MD, VA) area. I have spent 3 years designing plumbing systems for commercial interior fit-outs including office pantries, commercial kitchens, fitness centers etc. I just recently started working for a different company and am now designing plumbing systems for commercial and residential base building projects. I joined this forum to learn from others in the field and also to contribute and lend advice when i can.

Thanks.
ken53 likes this.
naprosser is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2019, 06:00 PM   #2
Plumbing since 1974

View breplum's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome from Northern California.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

925 283-3408
breplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:18 AM   #3

View MASTRPLUMB's Photo Album My Photos
Exclamation

BUT YOU ARE NOT A "PROFESSIONAL" PLUMBER ! !
skoronesa likes this.
MASTRPLUMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2019, 09:59 AM   #4

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by naprosser View Post
Hey guys

I'm from the DMV (DC, MD, VA) area. I have spent 3 years designing plumbing systems for commercial interior fit-outs including office pantries, commercial kitchens, fitness centers etc. I just recently started working for a different company and am now designing plumbing systems for commercial and residential base building projects. I joined this forum to learn from others in the field and also to contribute and lend advice when i can.

Thanks.
when you say designing, what exactly are you designing? the actual piping ? are you licensed? schooling in plumbing? did you work in the field of plumbing doing any work?
skoronesa and MASTRPLUMB like this.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTRPLUMB View Post
BUT YOU ARE NOT A "PROFESSIONAL" PLUMBER ! !
he needs to give some more info, but it looks like he meets the criteria for membership so far...
dhal22 likes this.
Tommy plumber (10-08-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 07:52 AM   #6

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

So you are a plumbing engineer?
dhal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:20 AM   #7

looks like he will become another 1 post wunder never to be heard from again after his 1st post.....why post if you arent going to post more than once???
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:47 PM   #8

View naprosser's Photo Album My Photos

I'm not licensed, I went to school for drafting and was hired by a MEP Engineering company as a drafter. I was transferred to the plumbing department and my current title is Plumbing Engineer. The only knowledge I have in plumbing design I have learned from experience. You're right, i'm not a PROFESSIONAL PLUMBER. Thought I could learn from people actually putting the stuff together. Thanks though.
ShtRnsdownhill likes this.
naprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #9

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
I'm not licensed, I went to school for drafting and was hired by a MEP Engineering company as a drafter. I was transferred to the plumbing department and my current title is Plumbing Engineer. The only knowledge I have in plumbing design I have learned from experience. You're right, i'm not a PROFESSIONAL PLUMBER. Thought I could learn from people actually putting the stuff together. Thanks though.

Unfortunately you may be willing to learn but many of these guys may not be willing to teach you. It does appear that tommy, one of the most senior admins feels you belong so I would plead your case(assure them you aren't a diy/hack/doing unlicensed work) and hope for the best.

I used to work with engineers(electrical) so I would like to have you. On the other hand "engineers" are somewhat despised by many in the field so expect some backlash.

MASTRPLUMB likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:21 PM   #10

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
I'm ok with this. With limits.
skoronesa likes this.
dhal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dhal22 For This Useful Post:
MASTRPLUMB (10-09-2019)