Introduction Post - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tommy plumber

Old 12-20-2016, 11:27 AM   #1

View NSPlumb's Photo Album My Photos
Default Introduction Post

Hello all at the Plumbing Zone,

I am 25 years old, and I have been plumbing practically my entire life. I started on the job with my dad back when I was about 10 years old. He's a Chicago licensed plumber and has been for almost 30 years now. I have worked under him and about 4 other plumbing shops around the Chicagoland area for the past decade.

I never truly realized how much I enjoy plumbing until the past 6 months or so as I started to focus on my future and what I want from life. I recently sent in my application for the Illinois Plumbing Exam, and while I am definitely prepared for the practical portion of the exam, I have no formal education in the drawing portion. I found Plumbing Zone by searching for individuals who can give me some feedback or guidance on this portion of the exam. However, as I move forward with my career I plan to be a very active member in this community.

Aside from plumbing, I enjoy playing hockey, playing fetch with my 2 highly active Border Collies, playing video games, and basically anything that involves working with my hands. I'm excited to learn and discuss all the different aspects of plumbing with other plumbing professionals!
NSPlumb is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2016, 11:37 AM   #2
I Married Up

View plbgbiz's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the Z!
Old 12-20-2016, 12:05 PM   #3

View Fatpat's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome and enjoy if you have any questions feel free to message me or post them
Fatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2016, 05:12 PM   #4

View PLUMB TIME's Photo Album My Photos

Hi.
Not sure if they are still there, but there is a company in Hoffman Estates that used to do refresher courses, Building and Fire Code Academy. also try Illinois Plumbing Consultants they do mock testing etc.
PLUMB TIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:22 AM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

welcome aboard, very nice intro..you picked a great trade to work in...
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:43 AM   #6
GAN
Super Moderator

View GAN's Photo Album My Photos

Hail your way. Have a Merry X Mas.
the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:11 PM   #7

View NSPlumb's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMB TIME View Post
Hi.
Not sure if they are still there, but there is a company in Hoffman Estates that used to do refresher courses, Building and Fire Code Academy. also try Illinois Plumbing Consultants they do mock testing etc.
PLUMB TIME thanks for the advice! I'm aware of both of these classes actually. I know a couple guys who have taken them but they all come back with wildly different drawing styles so maybe it's something I should look into. I'm getting limited guidance from a local journeyman, I'm starting to understand that it's pretty simple as long as you keep it neat and use minimum sizes.

Thanks for all the welcoming posts! This community seems great!
NSPlumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:51 PM   #8

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PZ! I haven't seen him post in a while but @Flyout95 was a cool dude and always willing to help you Chicago guys out with the drawing portion. Hopefully he comes back.
Debo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:29 PM   #9

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome aboard, great to have you.

Pump on the supply side or return side of furnace?...
rjbphd likes this.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #10

View LDYHVAC's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSPlumb View Post
Hello all at the Plumbing Zone,

I am 25 years old, and I have been plumbing practically my entire life. I started on the job with my dad back when I was about 10 years old. He's a Chicago licensed plumber and has been for almost 30 years now. I have worked under him and about 4 other plumbing shops around the Chicagoland area for the past decade.

I never truly realized how much I enjoy plumbing until the past 6 months or so as I started to focus on my future and what I want from life. I recently sent in my application for the Illinois Plumbing Exam, and while I am definitely prepared for the practical portion of the exam, I have no formal education in the drawing portion. I found Plumbing Zone by searching for individuals who can give me some feedback or guidance on this portion of the exam. However, as I move forward with my career I plan to be a very active member in this community.

Aside from plumbing, I enjoy playing hockey, playing fetch with my 2 highly active Border Collies, playing video games, and basically anything that involves working with my hands. I'm excited to learn and discuss all the different aspects of plumbing with other plumbing professionals!
Hey there! Good luck on your Illinois Plumbing Exam! We have a new apprentice that is starting out and looking for a mentor do he can do the same. I swear, finding a licensed plumber is like gold! We are in Carol Stream so just wanted to say hi to a local neighbor!!!!!

Again, good luck!!! You will rock it!
LDYHVAC is offline   Reply With Quote