Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Introduction Post

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  LDYHVAC 
#1 ·
Hello all at the Plumbing Zone,

I am 25 years old, and I have been plumbing practically my entire life. I started on the job with my dad back when I was about 10 years old. He's a Chicago licensed plumber and has been for almost 30 years now. I have worked under him and about 4 other plumbing shops around the Chicagoland area for the past decade.

I never truly realized how much I enjoy plumbing until the past 6 months or so as I started to focus on my future and what I want from life. I recently sent in my application for the Illinois Plumbing Exam, and while I am definitely prepared for the practical portion of the exam, I have no formal education in the drawing portion. I found Plumbing Zone by searching for individuals who can give me some feedback or guidance on this portion of the exam. However, as I move forward with my career I plan to be a very active member in this community.

Aside from plumbing, I enjoy playing hockey, playing fetch with my 2 highly active Border Collies, playing video games, and basically anything that involves working with my hands. I'm excited to learn and discuss all the different aspects of plumbing with other plumbing professionals!

#7 ·
PLUMB TIME thanks for the advice! I'm aware of both of these classes actually. I know a couple guys who have taken them but they all come back with wildly different drawing styles so maybe it's something I should look into. I'm getting limited guidance from a local journeyman, I'm starting to understand that it's pretty simple as long as you keep it neat and use minimum sizes.

Thanks for all the welcoming posts! This community seems great!

#6 ·
Hail your way. Have a Merry X Mas.

#10 ·
Hey there! Good luck on your Illinois Plumbing Exam! We have a new apprentice that is starting out and looking for a mentor do he can do the same. I swear, finding a licensed plumber is like gold! We are in Carol Stream so just wanted to say hi to a local neighbor!!!!!

Again, good luck!!! You will rock it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.