Introduction - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 3 Post By goeswiththeflow
  • 3 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 1 Post By goeswiththeflow
  • 3 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 2 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 1 Post By dhal22

Old 01-30-2020, 09:58 AM   #1

View traversplumbing's Photo Album My Photos
Default Introduction

We are a business owner in RI who does residential/commercial service work and new models/resconstruction. Been in business for 20 years strong!

We also do HVAC, septic work, and sell home heating oil.

We're an honest company who simply loves the business!
traversplumbing is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2020, 05:47 PM   #2

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by traversplumbing View Post
We are a business owner in RI who does residential/commercial service work and new models/resconstruction. Been in business for 20 years strong!

We also do HVAC, septic work, and sell home heating oil.

We're an honest company who simply loves the business!

if thats your idea of a comprehensive intro, I dont want to see the work you do....
you need to expand alot more or your threads will be deleted..especially if you looking to get anyone to work for you...
skoronesa likes this.
MACPLUMB777 (01-30-2020)
Old 01-31-2020, 07:03 AM   #3
3rd year apprentice

View goeswiththeflow's Photo Album My Photos

Yeah, we need copy of your plumbing license, birth certificate, security deposit, mother's maiden name and your first born to hold hostage, to see if you're worthy to post anything about plumbing.
Debo22, MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2020, 11:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeswiththeflow View Post
Yeah, we need copy of your plumbing license, birth certificate, security deposit, mother's maiden name and your first born to hold hostage, to see if you're worthy to post anything about plumbing.

well obviously the OP doesnt want to make any effort in explaining who or what he is, as most 1 or 2 post blunders..they just want what they need answered and never to be heard from again...
so an intro is more than just an intro...its weeds out the pure users that only come around to get their question answered and have no real intent to join..they want their free info and off they go..
so breaking some balls and giving them a push to explain themselves is part of the process of weeding them out...
skoronesa, MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:04 PM   #5
3rd year apprentice

View goeswiththeflow's Photo Album My Photos

Maybe, or maybe it is another self fulfilling prophecy, and the guy leaves because he gets an unfriendly welcome right from the start. Some may see it as being thin skinned. Some just might not care to get into a pissing match right off, and think that life is too short to stick around for that.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeswiththeflow View Post
Maybe, or maybe it is another self fulfilling prophecy, and the guy leaves because he gets an unfriendly welcome right from the start. Some may see it as being thin skinned. Some just might not care to get into a pissing match right off, and think that life is too short to stick around for that.
could be..his first post was advertising for help....if I were to post on a forum looking for employees I would make the effort to tell something about me and my company to try and get plumbers to respond.....
but that was not the case here...so if all he was looking for was employees..he didnt fill his quota here...
skoronesa, MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:16 PM   #7

View traversplumbing's Photo Album My Photos

Ok...Guys letís get this straight right off the bat. I donít always agree about social media for this simple reason, people can express their opinion about a person or business and not know the complete facts about them or their business. Tell me how you know about me?? My daughter, who works for me, thought it would be good idea to try to reach out to see if there were any plumbers looking for work. I knew there wasnít going to be because of the shortage of good mechanics, by that, I mean mechanics that are licensed in both trades, plumbing and pipefitting, like I am licensed to do in the state of Rhode Island and have been for many years. I opened my plumbing and heating business in 2000 with one truck and grew to 25 trucks. I have been in several magazines due to our success and growth over the years. Since then Iíve opened a home heating oil delivery business, septic installation business, vactor truck service, and a septic pumping business. With +16,000 customers I have one thing to say about your current comments....I have bumper stickers on my pumper trucks that says it best ďWe pump what are our competition talks!!"*

Feel free to check us out:
www.traversplumbinginc.com
traversplumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Ok...Guys let’s get this straight right off the bat. I don’t always agree about social media for this simple reason, people can express their opinion about a person or business and not know the complete facts about them or their business. Tell me how you know about me?? My daughter, who works for me, thought it would be good idea to try to reach out to see if there were any plumbers looking for work. I knew there wasn’t going to be because of the shortage of good mechanics, by that, I mean mechanics that are licensed in both trades, plumbing and pipefitting, like I am licensed to do in the state of Rhode Island and have been for many years. I opened my plumbing and heating business in 2000 with one truck and grew to 25 trucks. I have been in several magazines due to our success and growth over the years. Since then I’ve opened a home heating oil delivery business, septic installation business, vactor truck service, and a septic pumping business. With +16,000 customers I have one thing to say about your current comments....I have bumper stickers on my pumper trucks that says it best “We pump what are our competition talks!!"*

well maybe if you followed the instructions of this forum, POST A PROPER INTRO..maybe we would then know who and what you are about..but since you DID NOT..we break your b***s...and then you come back with a slight b**t hurt response....with more info but again no specifics on what your asking for...( classified for a mechanic)

nothing personal, but it keeps the hacks from getting free info and the spammers away....
dhal22 and Tango like this.

Last edited by GAN; 02-03-2020 at 08:48 PM..
ShtRnsdownhill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShtRnsdownhill For This Useful Post:
MACPLUMB777 (02-03-2020)
Old 02-03-2020, 08:52 PM   #9
GAN
Super Moderator

View GAN's Photo Album My Photos

We do ask to read the rules and post a proper intro. It take very little effort to find this. We see to many hacks, non-professionals, and individuals seeking information.

Requesting an intro is our way to weed these people out.

Here is the link. https://www.plumbingzone.com/f3/why-post-intro-11368/
the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:08 PM   #10

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Ok...Guys letís get this straight right off the bat. I donít always agree about social media for this simple reason, people can express their opinion about a person or business and not know the complete facts about them or their business. Tell me how you know about me?? My daughter, who works for me, thought it would be good idea to try to reach out to see if there were any plumbers looking for work. I knew there wasnít going to be because of the shortage of good mechanics, by that, I mean mechanics that are licensed in both trades, plumbing and pipefitting, like I am licensed to do in the state of Rhode Island and have been for many years. I opened my plumbing and heating business in 2000 with one truck and grew to 25 trucks. I have been in several magazines due to our success and growth over the years. Since then Iíve opened a home heating oil delivery business, septic installation business, vactor truck service, and a septic pumping business. With +16,000 customers I have one thing to say about your current comments....I have bumper stickers on my pumper trucks that says it best ďWe pump what are our competition talks!!"*

Now we have an introduction............. The diy/homeowner/spammers are constant. Therefore the mandatory introduction.

Thank you.
skoronesa likes this.
dhal22 is offline   Reply With Quote