Intro - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree20Likes
  • 3 Post By Ben Lehman
  • 3 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 2 Post By Venomthirst
  • 4 Post By SchmitzPlumbing
  • 4 Post By gear junkie
  • 4 Post By ShtRnsdownhill

Old 03-25-2020, 02:15 PM   #1

View Ben Lehman's Photo Album My Photos
Default Intro

Hello all,

For the last seven years I've owned a supply shop for contractors doing pipe lining, pipe coating and pipe cleaning. I previously was in the clean water end working for a manufacture of repair clamps, saddles etc. I'm not a plumber and most of my plumbing knowledge comes from being out in the field helping contractorsí line and coat DVW pipe. Mainly residential and commercial 2"-8". Pipe lining and coating are not extremely complicated as long as the correct steps are taken. That said, I have talked some out of it as I thought they wouldn't be successful. Knowing where it can be used and learning techniques are very important. I try to give an honest opinion of how I think CIPP will help their business add another tool or go unused.

We have customers in the US and Canada that we ship to as well as me going out to their locations and training them on the equipment and materials. We have large certification training seminars (20-35 people) 1-2 times a year and also do small training sessions for individual contractors.

Feel free to reach out with questions. Thank you
chonkie, skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Ben Lehman is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 02:37 PM   #2

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lehman View Post
Hello all,

For the last seven years I've owned a supply shop for contractors doing pipe lining, pipe coating and pipe cleaning. I previously was in the clean water end working for a manufacture of repair clamps, saddles etc. I'm not a plumber and most of my plumbing knowledge comes from being out in the field helping contractorsí line and coat DVW pipe. Mainly residential and commercial 2"-8". Pipe lining and coating are not extremely complicated as long as the correct steps are taken. That said, I have talked some out of it as I thought they wouldn't be successful. Knowing where it can be used and learning techniques are very important. I try to give an honest opinion of how I think CIPP will help their business add another tool or go unused.

We have customers in the US and Canada that we ship to as well as me going out to their locations and training them on the equipment and materials. We have large certification training seminars (20-35 people) 1-2 times a year and also do small training sessions for individual contractors.

Feel free to reach out with questions. Thank you

Really? I wouldn't think there would be that much call for residential? From what I have seen most residential lines are pretty short and usually just have grass/shrubs above. Around here Commercial is 99% of pipe re-lining.

I guess in the dense suburbs you would get a lot of lines under infrastructure. Open sights had a customer with a 16" line below their basement

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:19 PM   #3

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post

Really? I wouldn't think there would be that much call for residential? From what I have seen most residential lines are pretty short and usually just have grass/shrubs above. Around here Commercial is 99% of pipe re-lining.

I guess in the dense suburbs you would get a lot of lines under infrastructure. Open sights had a customer with a 16" line below their basement

my moms house would be a perfect reline job, cement driveway right over the sewer line and landscaping on either side of driveway, damage to dig would cost more than the replacing would cost...
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 08:59 PM   #4

View Venomthirst's Photo Album My Photos

We don't do lining but have plenty of customers that need it done.. 90 percent of them would rather not dig if it could be relined....

good to have a Lining representative on board
skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Venomthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:42 PM   #5

View SchmitzPlumbing's Photo Album My Photos

maybe we should welcome him with open arms in this lonely place. everyone is ready to chase people away. i would like a little diversity from experts that could possibly teach us about technology that we are clueless about. bash me if you want to.
SchmitzPlumbing is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SchmitzPlumbing For This Useful Post:
gear junkie (03-25-2020), Tommy plumber (03-26-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 11:10 PM   #6
Ridgid tool user

View gear junkie's Photo Album My Photos

Hey real quick everyone....Ben Lehman is one of the good guys in the lining industry. This isn't a solicited endorsement either....I've bought renssi stuff from him and know alot that buy lining material from him. He's a regular working guy like us, he may not be computer or web savvy but there's no hidden agendas unlike alot of the distributors and manufacturers in our industry. He's always been on the straight with me and he's on my short list of recommended distributors.
skoronesa (03-25-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 04:34 PM   #7

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome aboard Ben, great to have you.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:51 PM   #8

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmitzPlumbing View Post
maybe we should welcome him with open arms in this lonely place. everyone is ready to chase people away. i would like a little diversity from experts that could possibly teach us about technology that we are clueless about. bash me if you want to.
its not a matter of bashing...the intro was needed when I got here and from reading back before my time it was required and it looks from the past threads and posts of intros you were hounded till you did one, so why is it such a big deal to do a simple intro from new people to see who, what and where they are from???
if they meet the criteria to join, and this guy does, then they are more than welcome to join and and be active...
he made a profile 5 years ago and never posted till 2020..so he needed to do an intro..he did and thats it..nothing more nothing less...