Howdy from Texas. - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree25Likes

Old 05-28-2019, 10:37 PM   #1

View BOSSHOGG's Photo Album My Photos
Default Howdy from Texas.

I am new on here. I'm enjoying reading the posts and getting insights from others. I own a small service plumbing company that I started 25 years ago. I am a master plumber that's pretty good at service and diagnosing. I am also learning new stuff every day. I'm not really sure how to post on here yet.
5onthefloor likes this.
BOSSHOGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2019, 11:19 PM   #2
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Hello, looks like you joined in 2017. This is my standard response when intros are a little short, it may give you ideas.

This one is from me : Write more than one or two lines, elaborate. Are you proud of your trade? Show it! Talk about the jobs you've done, the path you took to get where you're at as a trades person, the amount of time spent in plumbing school(s) or years before you were eligible to take the journeyman exam etc. How you became your own boss etc.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:23 PM   #3

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome, putty or silicone? plumber or technician?
skoronesa, MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
Debo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2019, 09:13 AM   #4
GAN
Super Moderator

View GAN's Photo Album My Photos

Hail your way. Tell us more, were popping corn.
the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:27 AM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG View Post
I am new on here. I'm enjoying reading the posts and getting insights from others. I own a small service plumbing company that I started 25 years ago. I am a master plumber that's pretty good at service and diagnosing. I am also learning new stuff every day. I'm not really sure how to post on here yet.

where are you from? what kind of services do you provide? hobbies or interests? just reply to any thread and you can post, dont be shy and have a thickish skin for the typical blue collar humor....
Old 05-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #6

I've plumbed in Texas, California, and Florida. The California and Florida was all service work. I worked for a Master Plumber in California that did service work but also specialized in water softeners and R.O. systems. After working for Ed for a couple of years i went to work for S.O.S. ROOTER in San Diego. I did that for a couple of years and my first wife got homesick so we moved back to Texas. Fast forward a few years and I was going through a divorce and trying to go back to school. The judge reset the hearing for one week and said if I didn't have a job he was throwing me in jail. I came home, got out the phone book, opened to Plumbing and made four phone calls and set up three interviews. I went to the first one and got hired and didn't even go to the rest. It really wasn't a good job but I was still trying to go back to school. They were repiping mobile homes under that polybutlene class action lawsuit. Well I was li ing in a mobile home, so I filed a claim. When the adjuster came out he informed me of what an ******* I was working for. Said he wasn't even allowed in their office...only his wife. Then basically told me that they would be open for a new contractor to start repiping for them. So to make a lo g story short two weeks later I had a handshake deal not even a written contract and was off on my own repiping mobile homes. I was 29 and the year was 1994. At the height of the repipe era we were repiping 15 mobile homes a day all over Texas. That gave usthe cash flow to expand into other areas such as service and new construction. I quickly realized that new construction was a pain in the ass. I liked getting paid everyday when the job was done. Twenty-five years later I am still plumbing. A little slower and a lot stiffer. I still work in the field. A friend of mine told me getting old aint for sissies. I said yep especially if you are a plumber.
GAN, OpenSights, skoronesa and 2 others like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to BOSSHOGG For This Useful Post:
Tango (05-29-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 10:07 AM   #7

Quote:
I've plumbed in Texas, California, and Florida. The California and Florida was all service work. I worked for a Master Plumber in California that did service work but also specialized in water softeners and R.O. systems. After working for Ed for a couple of years i went to work for S.O.S. ROOTER in San Diego. I did that for a couple of years and my first wife got homesick so we moved back to Texas. Fast forward a few years and I was going through a divorce and trying to go back to school. The judge reset the hearing for one week and said if I didn't have a job he was throwing me in jail. I came home, got out the phone book, opened to Plumbing and made four phone calls and set up three interviews. I went to the first one and got hired and didn't even go to the rest. It really wasn't a good job but I was still trying to go back to school. They were repiping mobile homes under that polybutlene class action lawsuit. Well I was li ing in a mobile home, so I filed a claim. When the adjuster came out he informed me of what an ******* I was working for. Said he wasn't even allowed in their office...only his wife. Then basically told me that they would be open for a new contractor to start repiping for them. So to make a lo g story short two weeks later I had a handshake deal not even a written contract and was off on my own repiping mobile homes. I was 29 and the year was 1994. At the height of the repipe era we were repiping 15 mobile homes a day all over Texas. That gave usthe cash flow to expand into other areas such as service and new construction. I quickly realized that new construction was a pain in the ass. I liked getting paid everyday when the job was done. Twenty-five years later I am still plumbing. A little slower and a lot stiffer. I still work in the field. A friend of mine told me getting old aint for sissies. I said yep especially if you are a plumber.

nice story, did you ever get back to school? or just get your plumbing license?..I hear you about the aches and pains, I have had several major surgeries putting myself back together, 2 replaced hips,both knees scoped to clean them up, shoulder and hand surgery this past febuary...one last surgery in the future for carpel tunnel on my left hand, but no rush yet...
GAN and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:03 AM   #8

Nope, never made it back to school. Married and divorced a second time and now married for the third time with a six year old daughter. I've had two lower back surgeries the second one fusing three vertebrae together. Cortizone shots in my lower back and in both shoulders. But hey it pays the bills.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Nope, never made it back to school. Married and divorced a second time and now married for the third time with a six year old daughter. I've had two lower back surgeries the second one fusing three vertebrae together. Cortizone shots in my lower back and in both shoulders. But hey it pays the bills.
ha, im married and divorced once and learned my lesson to rent and not buy again...
look into PRP shots for your shoulders if you have stabilized tears, my left shoulder and elbow had tears and the PRP shots healed the tears with no surgery and it also rebuilds wear surfaces in the joints...
see link below

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...VFpuOq-3JM3jli
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:22 PM   #10

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome aboard Boss Hog, great to have you.

We've got pros on here who know about everything from medical gas to fire sprinkler standpipes and just about everything in between. This place has a ton of knowledge for us plumbers.

Where in FLA were you? Just curious since that is where I call home.
skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.