Hi... I’m new. I really need some help - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Debo22
  • 1 Post By Tango
  • 1 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 2 Post By chonkie
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 01:58 AM   #1

View BCnugget's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hi... I’m new. I really need some help

Hi, my name is Sean and I live in rural wine country of California.

Anyhow I have got a problem that google just can’t seems to answer for me. I doing a bathroom remodel. Ripping down the shower backing and some drywall as well. I need to rework the shower plumbing.

I have replaced the valve stems in the past. The replacement parts I have used is Danco 9C-7H & 9C-7C. The problem is that I can not find a trim kit to go with these valves.

Seriously thinking about tearing out the copper plumbing behind the wall. But I really don’t want to because I have a lot of other work to do in that bathroom. On a time table as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
—Sean

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2019, 02:26 AM   #2

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos

Time to install a Moentrol and be a hero
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:21 AM   #3
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Hmmm let's see....

Attached Thumbnails
Hi... I’m new. I really need some help-plumber.jpg  

chonkie likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tango For This Useful Post:
MASTRPLUMB (08-29-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2019, 08:14 AM   #4

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

rip out all the copper and replace with pvc, at least 1 1/2 pipe to give extra boost to water pressure, in the end you will be glad you did...
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:10 AM   #5

View chonkie's Photo Album My Photos

The funny thing is, this OP didn't even ask a question, just made some statements.

To the OP, hire a professional licensed plumber to do the plumbing work, just stick with installing the tile and cabinets.
Tango and MASTRPLUMB like this.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:27 PM   #6

View BCnugget's Photo Album My Photos

Nice jab Tango.

But I know my plumbing (outdoors). I work the irrigation for a large facility. So my experience is all 6” water main down to 2” systems. Where everything makes sense. The parts just say what kind of threading it has.

Now I move inside. I can’t find the damned parts.

So two questions. Would any other valve stems thread in to the existing copper? The stems in there now are Danco 9C-7H replacement for Kohler.

Is there even one trim kit for my existing stems?
Old 08-29-2019, 03:32 PM   #7
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

PlumbingZone is a site for Plumbing Professionals only, who are interested in promoting and improving the Plumbing trade. In our community the term "Plumbing Professional" refers to the following persons:
Master Plumber, Plumbing Contractor, Journeyman Plumber, Pipe Fitter, Apprentice Plumber, and Plumbing Helper, Plumbing Inspectors and Plumbing Engineers.
Plumbing Business Owners and Operators including management positions and their support staff. (Operations Manager, Service Manager, Project Manager, Superintendents, Customer Service, etc.)
Drain Cleaning, Fire Sprinkler, Hydronic Heating, Boiler, Steam, Chiller, Municipal Water and Wastewater, Potable Water Treatment, Septic System, Water Well, Wastewater Treatment.
The above outline is what we as a community consider to be a Plumbing Professional on the PlumbingZone. It was developed with input from a wide variety of our members that work in different areas of the trade.

If you do not see your particular aspect of the trade listed, but still consider yourself a Plumbing Professional, please send your request for inclusion to one of the Moderators via private message. Addressing this issue with individual members is to be done by the Administrator and Moderators ONLY.

As stated above PlumbingZone.com is designed to be a pros only community and that means that "Do It Yourself" homeowners looking for free advice and other non-professionals are not allowed to join the site.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tango For This Useful Post:
breplum (09-01-2019), GAN (09-03-2019), MASTRPLUMB (08-29-2019)
Closed Thread