Hello again. - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree11Likes
  • 7 Post By skoronesa
  • 1 Post By skoronesa
  • 2 Post By skoronesa
  • 1 Post By Venomthirst

Old 03-15-2019, 09:11 PM   #1

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hello again.

Hello, my name is skoronesa, skoro for short. I mostly do service plumbing with an emphasis on drain snaking as I am the designated drain snaking guy or "drain snaking tech" as one of my bosses writes. The snaking comes and goes with the times of year. I will do 5-10 main lines in a busy week(about half the year) and 1-5 the rest of the time. I am always on call.

I like fixing old faucets and really any other old/quality plumbing fixtures and appliances. I am a big fan of the semi-standard 46x22mm ceramic cartridge and the moen 1200 series. We are a kohler dealer() but I prefer a mansfield or those old reliable as 3.5gpf toilets(Mine is robins egg blue elongated )

solder>propress, pvc>abs

I decided to reintroduce myself as my normal home at the mother of all trades forums has apparently gone offline and this appears to be my new permanent home for rambling on and on and on and on.....

Plumbus, dhal22, Gargalaxy and 4 others like this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skoronesa For This Useful Post:
justme (03-16-2019), Tommy plumber (03-16-2019)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019, 09:58 PM   #2

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome, where are you located?
Debo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debo22 View Post
Welcome, where are you located?

Debo22 likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2019, 11:46 AM   #4

View Gargalaxy's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome. Putty or silicone?
Gargalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:58 AM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post

not for nothing but those candy mountains look like a bunch of d**ks sticking out of the ground...

Last edited by GAN; 03-18-2019 at 08:16 AM..
ShtRnsdownhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:18 PM   #6

View Plumbus's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
Are you the pater familias?
Plumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbus View Post
Are you the pater familias?

I don't know what that means.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
not for nothing but those candy mountains look like a bunch of dicks sticking out of the ground...

Huh, must be a freudian thing.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargalaxy View Post
Welcome. Putty or silicone?

Putty, regular putty. The ultra putty with silicone instead of petroleum just feels too weird and is too sticky. Also, you do want the putty to harden at some point so the fixture stays even when the zinc/steel nuts corrode off.

When I do need silicone I use GE 100% silicone, in either white or clear depending on the surface the fixture is set on. I do not use caulk when I am setting faucets or sink baskets, etc. I use caulk for setting fixtures only almost all the time.

Sometimes I use lexel if I need it to hold up to flexing sooner than regular silicone could get to full strength which can take weeks. Here's a good trick for you, I use lexel for detecting floor pissers. We do a lot of work in nursing homes and as such I often get calls for toilets leaking at the base. Most of the time it really is the flange corroded or someone fell and hit the toilet but sometimes the old guys, and gals too just miss. Obviously this makes for call backs when it wasn't the flange to begin with and they think it is leaking again because someone can't aim and won't talk about it or they may not have even been asked. The lexel will get all weird when they piss on it in the first 36hrs or so but will do fine if the mop the floor and will still keep the under side of the toilet dry so I know it's not the flange.

I was at this house last week, every joint on the drains was smeared with silver silicone used on stainless. He said he had one joint leaked like 20 years ago so he did every joint.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Gargalaxy and Venomthirst like this.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:36 PM   #10

View Venomthirst's Photo Album My Photos

Skoro it takes serious cahones to snake these drains out there. a different breed I love snaking drains for a living (most days) and when others have failed and you get the job done it feels great.. Or if they have been having problems and you finally figure out whats going on its awesome no shame in being in the Game.. Live the dream.. From your brother in the North
skoronesa likes this.
Venomthirst is offline   Reply With Quote