Too much work to handle - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Business Zone > Help Wanted or Looking For Work > Plumbing Jobs

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By skoronesa
  • 1 Post By Tango
  • 1 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 1 Post By dhal22

Old 01-28-2019, 05:22 PM   #1

View emeraldplumbing's Photo Album My Photos
Talking Too much work to handle

Hey All!
We have a few new estimators that are ROCKING it out. Now we have way too much work than my staff can handle.
We are reaching out to everyone in the DC/Metro area that is looking to help us out.
Our new construction team needs a few good men.

No on call, competitive salary. You just need your own hand tools, 5-7 years of experience, great with your hands and self sufficient. We don't have time to train or babysit. Please let us know if you have a desire to make some extra money.
emeraldplumbing is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2019, 12:36 AM   #2
rwh

View rwh's Photo Album My Photos

Local 5 scale?
rwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:27 PM   #3

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldplumbing View Post
Hey All!
We have a few new estimators that are ROCKING it out. Now we have way too much work than my staff can handle.
We are reaching out to everyone in the DC/Metro area that is looking to help us out.

No on call, competitive salary. You just need your own hand tools, 5-7 years of experience, great with your hands and self sufficient. We don't have time to train or babysit. Please let us know if you have a desire to make some extra money.

Sounds like they are low balling. Maybe have some of the estimators go out in the field and see how accurate their estimates are

dhal22, czplumbing and MACPLUMB777 like this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2019, 08:53 PM   #4
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Funny when I see "competitive rates" I feel like I'm being cheated to the lowest amount. That's a red flag for me
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Tango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:55 PM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Hey All!

do your estimators get paid on commission? if so you better go out and see if your costs are even being met on all the jobs they sold..
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:24 PM   #6
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos

I love it when those estimators land a huge job only to realize half way through the job they missed some huge detail that literally puts them in the hole a few hundred k.

there is nothing like that feeling. when you realize you boned yourself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:21 PM   #7

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

I do a lot of our estimating and with 33 years in the business will still missfire on some quotes. I can imagine how bad quotes by someone never in the field could be.
davidplumber likes this.
dhal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:14 PM   #8
No Longer Here

View davidplumber's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhal22 View Post
I do a lot of our estimating and with 33 years in the business will still missfire on some quotes. I can imagine how bad quotes by someone never in the field could be.
I try to learn from competition ...
davidplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:17 PM   #9
No Longer Here

View davidplumber's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Hey All!

after 7 yers experience you try to find some one good? Dont be naive!!!! they already have own company
davidplumber is offline   Reply With Quote