Help wanted winnipeg - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Business Zone > Help Wanted or Looking For Work > Plumbing Jobs

Like Tree5Likes

Old 12-17-2019, 09:00 PM   #1

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default Help wanted winnipeg

@Tango deleted the spam posts and I was about to post a witty reply. So here it is!!!

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently recruiting for Red Seal Plumber with a Gas Technician B license in Maple Ridge, BC

It is a fantastic opportunity with a national fortune 500 company.

The role is for residential plumbing and offers the following benefits:
- Company provided vehicle
- Salary: $30-40/hour
- Benefits after three months
- opportunity to earn sales commission in addition to hourly rate.

If you are interested please email me at [/EMAIL] or call at
[/QUOTE]

Why is this post so much shorter than the last one? Did you get sick of typing? Do you not realize you can just copy and paste?

So which is it? Are you lazy or dumb? Both?

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"

Last edited by Tango; 12-18-2019 at 12:10 AM..
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2019, 12:10 AM   #2
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Had to delete the links and back tracking...
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Had to delete the links and back tracking...

I know.....

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2019, 02:16 PM   #4
3rd year apprentice

View goeswiththeflow's Photo Album My Photos

I know this isn't the point of this thread, but it reminded me of something vaguley related.

I always find it amusing when companies post "company vehicle" as one of the job benefits. Well, I am going to need a vehicle if you want me to do the job you hired me for. A company vehicle is just another piece of equipment to that end. Oh, but I get to take it home you might say. Yeah, so I can be on call at my home (held hostage). How exactly is that a benefit, other than just being a method for which I perform the job for you, and hense get paid? It's only a benefit if I get to take it home and back every day, without being on call, so I don't use my own gas and wear and tear on my personal vehicle. It's like they don't have much to say about what benefits they do offer, so they try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. That, plus they must think a lot of guys are real stupid if they fall for that as one of the perks of a job.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:12 PM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeswiththeflow View Post
I know this isn't the point of this thread, but it reminded me of something vaguley related.

I always find it amusing when companies post "company vehicle" as one of the job benefits. Well, I am going to need a vehicle if you want me to do the job you hired me for. A company vehicle is just another piece of equipment to that end. Oh, but I get to take it home you might say. Yeah, so I can be on call at my home (held hostage). How exactly is that a benefit, other than just being a method for which I perform the job for you, and hense get paid? It's only a benefit if I get to take it home and back every day, without being on call, so I don't use my own gas and wear and tear on my personal vehicle. It's like they don't have much to say about what benefits they do offer, so they try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. That, plus they must think a lot of guys are real stupid if they fall for that as one of the perks of a job.

well company vehicle can be looked at from many points of view.....
if your on call, you get paid to be on call, or make sure you are getting paid extra for that..
if you get to take home that vehicle everyday and you dont need a personal vehicle to drive to work, than you save a ton of $$ in fuel, insurance , cost of your personal vehicle and maintaining your vehicle...
all the details need to be disclosed before you poo poo a company vehicle...
skoronesa likes this.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:44 PM   #6
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeswiththeflow View Post

In my area, companies push the guys to gather materials and tools in their own trucks and cars. They don't pay for gas for them to drive to 2-3 construction sites a day. Guys carry generators, step ladders, chainsaws with dripping fuel in their new car, lengths of pipes etc. I always told them F-U, the convention stated they had to supply a vehicle if I wasn't going straight to the jobsite or shop in the morning.

One time My second day of work for a new employer the boss told me to get some pipe, fittings and tools to go to a job site. I knew right then and there they were just another bad company. The next morning I went to the shop on my bicycle to prove a point. They gave me my lay off that very week. They they gave me the run around to get my overtime paid. Luckily the nitwit who handed me a check messed up and I got a little more than what was owed.

Those kids who worked for them got really screwed and they all got 20-30K in fines from the CRA.
skoronesa likes this.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:39 PM   #7

View WashingtonPlung's Photo Album My Photos

I wondered why it took Tango so long to delete them.

I figured we had a Tango Down!!!

Ok to many video games for me i'll leave it at that.
Tango likes this.
WashingtonPlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 07:47 PM   #8
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashingtonPlung View Post

Oh a connoisseur, of the term "Tango". I haven't been playing a lot of games these past years.

I've working a lot lately, my efforts are starting to pay off.... Saving up to buy a car, a special car.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Oh a connoisseur, of the term "Tango". I haven't been playing a lot of games these past years.

I've working a lot lately, my efforts are starting to pay off.... Saving up to buy a car, a special car.

Tango likes this.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashingtonPlung View Post

Who the heck are you? lolz

Tango likes this.