Plumbing company for sale - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Tools, Products & Safety > Plumbers Swap

Like Tree67Likes

Old 01-29-2020, 06:35 PM   #1
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos
Default Plumbing company for sale

I know Iíve mentioned it many times, but my Master needs to retire, but wants to sell first. After plumbing for 125 years, his body is shot.

We have a pretty large customer base, mostly residential, apartment complexes, restaurants. Lots of great customers, the kind where you tell them ďWe gotta fly to the next one, Iíll send a bill in the mail.Ē And we get paid. As always, we have our PITA customers too.

Heís wanting to sell everything, 17í 2017 ford cube fully loaded with stock and tools. The stock room, everything.

I Doubt anyone here would be interested in relocating, just in case someone knows someone.

My Master is a wheeler dealer, but is also motivated to sell.

If anyone wants his contact info let me know.

Company name is Hayes Plumbing out of Grand Ledge (Wacusta) if anyone wants to look up reviews. We donít advertise outside of repeat and referral. With one truck we constantly turn work down. Every plumber in the area has been slammed for the last 4 years, so business is booming.
OpenSights is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #2
Ridgid tool user

View gear junkie's Photo Album My Photos

why aren't you getting it?
Old 01-29-2020, 08:46 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gear junkie View Post
Long story. Honestly Iíd rather drain clean and do the plumbing work I can legally do. Plus Iíd have to hire someone and deal with that nightmare.

If he wasnít in such bad shape, it would be a part time job for me and I could get busier with my own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2020, 09:04 PM   #4

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gear junkie View Post
We all want him to buy it
OpenSights, MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
Debo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:12 PM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
I know I’ve mentioned it many times, but my Master needs to retire, but wants to sell first. After plumbing for 125 years, his body is shot.

We have a pretty large customer base, mostly residential, apartment complexes, restaurants. Lots of great customers, the kind where you tell them “We gotta fly to the next one, I’ll send a bill in the mail.” And we get paid. As always, we have our PITA customers too.

He’s wanting to sell everything, 17’ 2017 ford cube fully loaded with stock and tools. The stock room, everything.

I Doubt anyone here would be interested in relocating, just in case someone knows someone.

My Master is a wheeler dealer, but is also motivated to sell.

If anyone wants his contact info let me know.

Company name is Hayes Plumbing out of Grand Ledge (Wacusta) if anyone wants to look up reviews. We don’t advertise outside of repeat and referral. With one truck we constantly turn work down. Every plumber in the area has been slammed for the last 4 years, so business is booming.

holy crap, after that time and still alive..................................
Old 01-29-2020, 09:33 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
holy crap, after that time and still alive..................................
Funny story. Got a call from a 20+ year customer today. A few weeks ago we installed a couple new C provided Koehler lav faucets in the master bath. Apparently the aerators plugged off and he went to clean them and couldnít get one back on.

The copper tube was bent to one side so I fixed it. Master told me to get replacement aerators cause Koehlerís suck. Went and got them, handed one to him and went to put mine on. He says ďAhhhh, wrong size.Ē By that time I was threading mine on.

I turned to the HO and said ďAfter 125 years heís still learning!Ē

Laughs all around.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:51 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debo22 View Post
We all want him to buy it
I know. Both time and health play a big factor in my decision to stay in drain cleaning only and not buy.

Iím 42, bad knees already, not bad bad, but there are times I need help getting my 6200 up the stairs when one goes out, same with ribs, and a new elbow pain. Sure cleaning isnít easy on your body, but add heaters, crawl spaces, old softeners and all the other heavy stuff added to cleaning. I donít want to physically end up like my master at the age of 60.

Iím pretty decent at cleaning. Lots of tricks. If I actually invested in advertising it would be a full time gig without a doubt! I have a friend who I met here on PZ who was a solo drain cleaner living in CO. His business wasnít doing good out there. Too many new homes. I told him to move here, plenty of drains, just donít steal my customers. Heís been doing good! We refer each other out all the time. One month he hit the internet hard! Google, Craigslist... made $17k. Always made it home for dinner.

My goal is 20 working hours, not driving, a week. My body will last longer which means Iíll be able to work longer.
breplum and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:31 PM   #8

View Venomthirst's Photo Album My Photos

I want to invest In that k5208.. like 50 or 60lbs.. and I can limp my way in 1 cable at a time if I have to
OpenSights and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Venomthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:56 PM   #9

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
I know. Both time and health play a big factor in my decision to stay in drain cleaning only and not buy.

Iím 42, bad knees already, not bad bad, but there are times I need help getting my 6200 up the stairs when one goes out, same with ribs, and a new elbow pain. Sure cleaning isnít easy on your body, but add heaters, crawl spaces, old softeners and all the other heavy stuff added to cleaning. I donít want to physically end up like my master at the age of 60.

Iím pretty decent at cleaning. Lots of tricks. If I actually invested in advertising it would be a full time gig without a doubt! I have a friend who I met here on PZ who was a solo drain cleaner living in CO. His business wasnít doing good out there. Too many new homes. I told him to move here, plenty of drains, just donít steal my customers. Heís been doing good! We refer each other out all the time. One month he hit the internet hard! Google, Craigslist... made $17k. Always made it home for dinner.

My goal is 20 working hours, not driving, a week. My body will last longer which means Iíll be able to work longer.

too late on the body bro..I will tell you know you will be inline for replacement knees and im sure some other surgeries to fix torn muscles and tendons ...
did you ever get your knees ex rayed? did they say they are worn out? or do you have torn meniscus? thats what I had and it was PAINFUL AS HELL..but an easy fix with surgery, arthroscopic .....
and DONT WAIT it will only get worse and the older you get recovery is longer...
your master made the fatal mistake of not STOPPING and taking care of his body , if he did he would still be going strong now...
take my warnings to heart..been there done that..and now I feel great and can do anything I have to do...and I can enjoy activities instead of standing in extreme pain...that was from the hips...and they got replaced a few years ago..
OpenSights, MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:08 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
too late on the body bro..I will tell you know you will be inline for replacement knees and im sure some other surgeries to fix torn muscles and tendons ...
did you ever get your knees ex rayed? did they say they are worn out? or do you have torn meniscus? thats what I had and it was PAINFUL AS HELL..but an easy fix with surgery, arthroscopic .....
and DONT WAIT it will only get worse and the older you get recovery is longer...
your master made the fatal mistake of not STOPPING and taking care of his body , if he did he would still be going strong now...
take my warnings to heart..been there done that..and now I feel great and can do anything I have to do...and I can enjoy activities instead of standing in extreme pain...that was from the hips...and they got replaced a few years ago..
My knee issue goes back to the Marine Corps. Long story short, I was in an advanced waiting group called Lead waiting to pick up A school. PT for 5 hrs, 1 hour of Marine Corps history, then free. The alternative was 12hrs/day, stripping and polishing floors over and over and sitting fire watch at the end of a hallway logging Marines as they came and went.

We alternated PT. 20 mile formation run one day, weight room the next.... that sort of stuff. One weight day they didnít give us the 15 minute warning so we could stretch before running back to the barracks. I had just set a personal record for leg press when they called. After about three minutes of running I felt a major pop in my knee. Hurt like hell! I didnít see the Corpsman because I wouldíve been dropped from Lead and spend an extra three months doing useless mind numbing work before picking up A school.

Every morning Iíd pop 4-5 800mg ibuprofen followed by another similar dose after PT. Stupid I know, but I wanted to get to the fleet.

That, reported after the fact, among a few other medical issues got me 100% VA medical. All I pay is for non service related prescriptions. Last time I had to pay for meds it was $8/mo.

I donít use the VA anymore. Not because of anything bad on them, I always got excellent care! When I went there I had private insurance that the VA would bill to bring money in to help the agency care for all. Once my wifeís job decided that if a spouse has access to a different insurance option they wouldnít cover the spouse I stopped going.

There are vets far worse off than me and deserve it more.

I havenít had my knee checked out since seps, but have had my hearing checked and attempted a scope down my throat. Apparently I woke up during the procedure and pulled the camera out.

My body is odd. Knee will bug me for a month then be fine. Next month itíll be my dislocated rib, then itís the elbowís turn. Once in a while I donít have any pain at all.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.