Waterless Urinal - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Drain and Sewer Cleaning

Old 06-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #1

View Yoram Manzur's Photo Album My Photos
Default Waterless Urinal

I have a bar and grill I built about 2 years ago. The City required waterless urinals and so did the owner, even against all my negative comments. Yesterday I went there because one of the urinals was backed up. After trying to clear it for an hour I talked them into replacing it because it was filled with a solid rock of crystallized piss. I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for some chemical that can be put in regularly by the owner to prevent having to replace any other urinals. I know Hercules has a product but I was wondering if anyone has experience with it and does it eliminate the buildup that is already there?
Yoram Manzur is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #2

View hugh benjamin's Photo Album My Photos

Here in Canada not sure where you are but we are able to get a product from "Master Plumber" a deliming solution for urinals and also works great on calcium buildup in toilet bowls but I wouldn't leave it with the customer kinda toxic but works great!
hugh benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #3

View plumb nutz's Photo Album My Photos

Most waterless urinals have a solution that is supposed to be in the urinal, I know there is a cartridge for one brand, Kohler has an expensive a**ed solution that you have to keep topped off...
plumb nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #4

View Shadow Sabre's Photo Album My Photos

I have seen a product called "Salt b gon" tell them they should be able to get it through a janitorial company.

Sent from my iPhone using PlumbingZone
Warning: This person is not responsible for any shenanigan’s, argument, skirmish’s, fights, homicide’s, international incidents, or nuclear holocausts caused by this post due to brain damage caused by his mother dropping him on his head as a child.
Love you MOM…
Shadow Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Illinois Licensed Plumber

View SewerRatz's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via MSN to SewerRatz Send a message via Yahoo to SewerRatz

Calci-Solve is what I use. http://www.nycoproducts.com/products.asp?pid=79
SewerRatz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SewerRatz For This Useful Post:
cable or root (10-27-2015), Protech (06-04-2011)
Old 06-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #6

View Radium's Photo Album My Photos

Solid pee, huh, that's a good one. Take a picture of that one, next time. Just kidding. I don't think I want to see that.
Radium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #7

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium View Post
Solid pee, huh, that's a good one. Take a picture of that one, next time. Just kidding. I don't think I want to see that.

Oh yeah, you never heard of piss crystals? It's like a whitish, somewhat solid mass. It's a money-maker in service work. I was at a Duffy's restaurant just yesterday where the urinal was clogged. You know, when you flush the handle and it overflows and spills all over the floor...
Protech (06-04-2011)
Old 06-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #8

View NYC Plumber's Photo Album My Photos

I still can't believe these things are allowed.
Water conservation is of course important, but at what sacrifice???
Just nuts, guarantee we get a lot of work in upcoming years to swap these urinals out and replace with normal ones, because of people getting sick or because of the smell.
the problems I see are that they require maintenance, they smell, and will deteriorate cast iron.

Case in point I was at my first game at citi field recently, and I was in a food court and couldn't figure out why I was smelling piss.
Then on my way to the bathroom smell was getting stronger, and then when I get to the urinal it all made sense.... No flushometer!
That's a brand new stadium, I don't understand who makes these decisions.... Def not a plumber!
NYC Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NYC Plumber For This Useful Post:
Protech (06-04-2011), Tommy plumber (06-04-2011)
Old 06-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #9

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Plumber View Post
I still can't believe these things are allowed.
Water conservation is of course important, but at what sacrifice???
Just nuts, guarantee we get a lot of work in upcoming years to swap these urinals out and replace with normal ones, because of people getting sick or because of the smell.
the problems I see are that they require maintenance, they smell, and will deteriorate cast iron.

Case in point I was at my first game at citi field recently, and I was in a food court and couldn't figure out why I was smelling piss.
Then on my way to the bathroom smell was getting stronger, and then when I get to the urinal it all made sense.... No flushometer!
That's a brand new stadium, I don't understand who makes these decisions.... Def not a plumber!

Is that the new Shea stadium in Queens? Anyway, I am definitely surprised the plumbers and pipefitters union didn't protest the installation of those stupid waterless urinals...just plain ridiculous. I would expect a 3rd world nation to have a waterless privvy of some sort, but not my nation. It just doesn't make sense, how in the world do you wash gallons and gallons of urine down a fixture drain without water?!......
Old 06-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
Registered Member

View Widdershins's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy plumber View Post
Is that the new Shea stadium in Queens? Anyway, I am definitely surprised the plumbers and pipefitters union didn't protest the installation of those stupid waterless urinals...just plain ridiculous. I would expect a 3rd world nation to have a waterless privvy of some sort, but not my nation. It just doesn't make sense, how in the world do you wash gallons and gallons of urine down a fixture drain without water?!......
Most of the municipalities in my neck of the woods still require you to pipe appropriately sized water piping to waterless urinal locations and cap it off inside the wall.
Widdershins is offline   Reply With Quote