talk about your large clog.... - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Drain and Sewer Cleaning

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 1 Post By skoronesa
  • 1 Post By skoronesa
  • 1 Post By ShtRnsdownhill

Old Yesterday, 12:05 AM   #1

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default talk about your large clog....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/utah-man-...e-pipe-trapped
skoronesa and MASTRPLUMB like this.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #2

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

How did he fit?!

A 12" pipe isn't that big....
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM   #3

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

That sucks, at least he's okay.

MASTRPLUMB likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy plumber View Post
How did he fit?!

A 12" pipe isn't that big....

The smallest rectangular hole I have fit in is 12-1/2"x14-1/2". I am 72" and 270lbs.

MASTRPLUMB likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
Old Today, 06:38 AM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
The smallest rectangular hole I have fit in is 12-1/2"x14-1/2". I am 72" and 270lbs.

you fit through that sized hole at 270lbs????
skoronesa likes this.
MASTRPLUMB (Today), Tommy plumber (Today)
Old Today, 06:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
you fit through that sized hole at 270lbs????

Yes. The hardest part is my shoulders. I have to go arms stretched straight forward first. It was a terrible day.

I got sent to a house we recently finished to do some cleaning of the brand new ducts. I was told that the boots had been uncovered by someone not us and then of course a bunch of construction debris went down. That was only partially true. I went to every single boot and stuck in about 6' of my shop vac hose to suck out anything that may have gone down. It was flex duct runs and they were all horizontal so 6' in should have been over kill.

Mind you this was supposed to be the last day of construction. The finish painters were just doing touch up and the homeowners were there moving in. The house had like 15 guys in it mostly the trades with the rest being the homeowners.

I turned on the system and tiny bits of spray foam just sprayed out of almost all the boots. The worst offender was right next to a painter touching up the moulding. Little bits of foam all in his fresh paint. He was PISSED. But he wasn't just any painter. He was the owner of the painting company. And the brother in law of the gc. So he immediately called and yelled at the gc who immediately called and yelled at my boss who immediately(10 mins by now) called and yelled at me.

Another one of our guys in the area comes by and helps me re suck out everything again except this time we taped a second shop vac hose on so we could get in even further. We turn the system on and even more spray foam bits come out!!!!!

Well unknown to us the phucking spray foam guys disconnected an 8" hard pipe about 6' long in the crawlspace to get by it during foaming and never told us or hooked it back up again. So when the system ran it pressurized this crawl space the only outlet being the duct running to several of the boots in the main living area. The only access was one stud bay in the garage. To the right were 4 steps, I couldn't cut into the stairs. To the left were triple studs supporting a beam end. Up were the joists supporting the floor. And below was concrete. So I cut the hole as wide as the stud bay and as tall as from the concrete to the bottom of the joists. I crawled in about 15', scooped as much foam bits as I could from the duct, then reconnected it and taped the joints.

I got a bunch of cheese cloth from the hardware store to cover every boot. Then we covered every boot in masking tape except one where we were ready with the shop vac. We went to each boot, slowly pulled off the cover with the shop vac right there then after about 5 mins of all the bits coming out we covered it again and moved to the next one. This way each one had as much airflow as possible when we uncovered it so as to get as much of the foam as possible and minimize how much would come out at lower air speeds. We recovered each boot with cheese cloth and put the grills on all of them.

That was a terrible day. And my boss and the gc actually apologized for yelling at me. I couldn't believe it.

And that is why I hate phucking duct cleaning.