Spartan 300 - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Drain and Sewer Cleaning

Like Tree15Likes
  • 7 Post By Debo22
  • 2 Post By OpenSights
  • 4 Post By Jiffy
  • 2 Post By Jiffy

Old 08-20-2017, 09:12 PM   #1

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos
Default Spartan 300

A guy posted on Craigsist to make an offer on this 300. I offered $300 and he said yes, he even delivered it. I tested and it works but needs a clutch installed which he provided.

Thank you to Opensights for taking time out of your day for phone consultation.
Attached Thumbnails
Spartan 300-image.jpg  

Debo22 is online now   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2017, 09:24 PM   #2
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

Easy machine to work on! Clutch is easy, a couple of snap rings and you're golden. Could even reuse them. Smallest pliers you can find! In a pinch I've just used my 6 in 1. Let us know how the test run goes!
Debo22 and MACPLUMB777 like this.
OpenSights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:24 PM   #3

View justme's Photo Album My Photos

Nice catch.
justme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justme For This Useful Post:
Debo22 (08-21-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2017, 11:08 PM   #4

View Jiffy's Photo Album My Photos

Very Good Deal!

I got one in real good shape for $600 and I thought that was a deal...and mine didn't have the feeder on it.

I did get a Ridgid 6200 for around $300 a couple years ago though. IT did have the auto feeder, good cable and full set of cutters.

The guy was moving out of state and didn't want to take it with him.
And NO it wasn't stolen, the guy was a licensed plumber with lotta other plumbing tools, he was just unloading his drain equipment.
Jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiffy For This Useful Post:
OpenSights (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 03:23 PM   #5
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffy View Post
Very Good Deal!

I got one in real good shape for $600 and I thought that was a deal...and mine didn't have the feeder on it.

I did get a Ridgid 6200 for around $300 a couple years ago though. IT did have the auto feeder, good cable and full set of cutters.

The guy was moving out of state and didn't want to take it with him.
And NO it wasn't stolen, the guy was a licensed plumber with lotta other plumbing tools, he was just unloading his drain equipment.
What are your thoughts comparing the two? I have enough parts to build one, maybe three 300's, so I'm good for years, but the thought of eventually not having a good backup is always in the back of my mind.

I like the size and performance of the 300, but need 100' for most jobs, and Spartan thinks there .55 is made of gold. No one around here that I know of has a 6200. I'd like to try one before I ever buy one.
OpenSights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:11 AM   #6

View Jiffy's Photo Album My Photos

Just logged into my account and checked my previous posts and saw that I never replied to this so I thought I would even though its been nearly 2 years (sorry).

To be perfectly I honest I've never had to put the Ridgid 6200 into service yet. I just bought it bc I couldn't pass up the asking price.

I've got multiple Spartan 300's so I rotate those as needed.

I don't use them a whole lot on main sewers, mainly use if the area is too tight for the sectional (Eel) or carpeted.

I have the Eel tool adapter on my 300 so I can use Eel cutters. I like that they change out quickly and like the root cutters with teeth on the front/back of cutter. This setup also allows me to add sections of Eel cable as needed if i need a bit more length. I'll usually use the Eel J cables which are their 7/8" cable which have inner core but can also use the 1 1/4" cables.
OpenSights and MASTRPLUMB like this.
Jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote