Ridgid K5208 Reviews wanted!!!! - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Drain and Sewer Cleaning

Like Tree20Likes

Old 11-02-2018, 04:29 AM   #1
Ridgid tool user

View gear junkie's Photo Album My Photos
Default Ridgid K5208 Reviews wanted!!!!

Anyone having used the K1500 is now using the K5208?

Been getting alot of feedback that new sectional users like the K5208 but experienced guys would rather have the 1500 over the 5208.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

Haven’t heard of it till now. Honestly, as far as I know, and I know a sht ton of cleaners in my area, I’m the only one with a rodder.
OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #3
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

I helped them with design ideas and I think they listened. Ridgid had posted a prototype and asked for ideas I told them the flaws of their design. Looks like they corrected the issues I proposed before production.

I wasn't the only one pointing out things...It was a group effort.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2018, 10:22 PM   #4

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

"...this machine is 35% lighter and 71% smaller than previous RIDGID sectional drain cleaners."

Aka more plastic less metal and motor.
sparky likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
Haven’t heard of it till now. Honestly, as far as I know, and I know a sht ton of cleaners in my area, I’m the only one with a rodder.

Why do you call it a rodder instead of a sectional? Rodding is completely different and it actually involves fiber glass or spring steel rods which usually screw together.
sparky likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
Old 11-03-2018, 01:12 AM   #6
Ridgid tool user

View gear junkie's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I helped them with design ideas and I think they listened. Ridgid had posted a prototype and asked for ideas I told them the flaws of their design. Looks like they corrected the issues I proposed before production.

I wasn't the only one pointing out things...It was a group effort.
What kind of issues did they correct?
Old 11-03-2018, 06:58 AM   #7
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Unfortunately they had removed the prototype picture so I can't compare what changed. The switch was protruding and would be smashed and the way the plastic would be busted in the winter cold when employees tossed the machine back in the truck at the end of the day and tossing stuff over it.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tango For This Useful Post:
gear junkie (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 05:37 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
Why do you call it a rodder instead of a sectional? Rodding is completely different and it actually involves fiber glass or spring steel rods which usually screw together.
Call it a old bad habit. When I was first introduced to the k-1500 it was referred to as the IRM. I was never told exactly what IRM stood for... kinda figured it was Irritating Rodding Machine.
sparky, skoronesa and Tango like this.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
Call it a old bad habit. When I was first introduced to the k-1500 it was referred to as the IRM. I was never told exactly what IRM stood for... kinda figured it was Irritating Rodding Machine.

I used to get excited when someone told me they already tried snaking the main. I would ask, you mean with one of the little hand spinners? And they would say oh no with a big one for the main line. Then I go in the basement and they have what is essentially a large electricians tape. Those drain tapes are such a crock. I had one guy swear he has used it successfully before though.
OpenSights and Tango like this.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:04 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
I used to get excited when someone told me they already tried snaking the main. I would ask, you mean with one of the little hand spinners? And they would say oh no with a big one for the main line. Then I go in the basement and they have what is essentially a large electricians tape. Those drain tapes are such a crock. I had one guy swear he has used it successfully before though.
Got a call from the son of a friend. They don’t have much money, and I usually give them a break. Anyhow I missed his call and called back the next morning, left a message. Two weeks pass and get a call from his wife. Schedule a mid day appointment. I show up early, outside clean out, plug ten foot away and sill cock two foot away.

There’s one of those stupid tape things sticking out. Yanked on it as hard as I could. Wife shows up just in time for me to tell her I’m not touching it with a 10’ pole! They need to dig. Haven’t heard a word.

Come to find out they had run out of tp and started using paper towel. The two weeks previously he pulled the stool and got it with the tape.

People are stupid!
sparky and Tango like this.