rate for drain cleaning - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Drain and Sewer Cleaning

Like Tree71Likes

Old 10-08-2020, 07:30 PM   #1

View czplumbing's Photo Album My Photos
Default rate for drain cleaning

just seeing what you guys charge. out here eastern long island flat rate during business hours 550 for first half hour 225 after that per hr. i here of rotter router charging 850 just to show up ?emergency call with snake 750 first half hr. 300 after for each additional hr
jeffreyplumber likes this.
czplumbing is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2020, 09:09 PM   #2

View Stratocaster626's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by czplumbing View Post
just seeing what you guys charge. out here eastern long island flat rate during business hours 550 for first half hour 225 after that per hr. i here of rotter router charging 850 just to show up ?emergency call with snake 750 first half hr. 300 after for each additional hr
I work for Roto-Rooter Corporate. We charge $369 flat rate cleanout & $569 through pulled toilet. Same price all hours. Now I will say there are corrupt guys that will overcharge.
Stratocaster626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratocaster626 View Post
I work for Roto-Rooter Corporate. We charge $369 flat rate cleanout & $569 through pulled toilet. Same price all hours. Now I will say there are corrupt guys that will overcharge.
but your in cali in im NY so the rate are probably different
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2020, 09:34 PM   #4
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Many people who call me think 10$ is highway robbery.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:38 PM   #5
Super Moderator

View MACPLUMB777's Photo Album My Photos

Back in 1976 when I started out they thought $18.00 was too high
[email protected]
MACPLUMB777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:56 PM   #6

View Venomthirst's Photo Album My Photos

We can't charge close to that... Even roto rooters rate here in Canada is a lot lower than those rates...

Everyone's rate should be different depending on what they need to charge to make money
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Venomthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:20 PM   #7
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomthirst View Post
We can't charge close to that... Even roto rooters rate here in Canada is a lot lower than those rates...

Everyone's rate should be different depending on what they need to charge to make money
Mr looter charges 850$ to auger the toilet and another one instead of installing a 7$ o-ring was charging 20 000$-40 000$ to demolish the entire bathroom to get to the pipes. The large quote was from an actual customer of mine and the other from a caller who booted them out the door.
skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:31 AM   #8

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

We charge our usual rate of 95$/hr plus a 65$ drain snaking fee. I always tell people, we might be the most expensive plumbers around but for drain snaking we're the best deal you'll find anywhere. OT is time & a half. Camera is 250$.

For drain snaking from an inside c.o. or pulling a toilet we only have "competition" from two other companies, one is roto and the other is rooter too and they're both way overpriced with the former being woefully inexperienced.

I have heard horror stories from the former like 1500$ to come blow air through the pipes which did nothing. And a house in which they charged the 1500$ to unclog and then a further 500$ to replace a piece of cast iron inside the home with gutter drain pipe and screw up the fernco connection and not glue the bottom joint into the tee!!

OpenSights, MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 06:14 AM   #9

View Venomthirst's Photo Album My Photos

For us its 200 bucks minimum and up to about 300 depending on which machine you need... If you need a jet its 5 bills on top of the already 200+ bill... That price is good for up to 2 hrs after that its more per hour.. For those snake jobs that take a full day to get them all out...

If its a weekend then I charge more even because they already called 5 other companies and nobody wants to go out wait till Monday ..

Those are house prices .. Commercial contracts are cheaper rates...

I have a hard time charging someone 200 to auger a toilet and be out in 25 seconds but I for warn before I even start...

Plumbing rates are so much per hr plus material.. Unless they ask for a quite then we set the price with a cushion in case shyt hits the fan...
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Venomthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:31 AM   #10

well if I'm breaking out the auger I only charge a service call but if I'm taking out the machine and playing with **** then I'm charging them. I had a customer ask why do we charge so much to snake lines I looked him in the face and I said because we are playing with **** and there is a price that come with that line of work. he though about it for a second and said you know what your right ! hey if some one in the area wants to do it cheaper then let them but I must be doing something good because I'm staying busy doing it and a lot of my job are through recommendations. I hooked up with a cesspool company and they recommend me all the time. I also seem to be doing all the local restaurants around here as well. hell I would do drain cleaning and water heaters all day if I could and get away from the new construction......!