Property managment company - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Drain and Sewer Cleaning

Old 10-14-2015, 09:50 PM   #1

View Unclog1776's Photo Album My Photos
Default Property managment company

Got a call from a property Managment company earlier this week. They wanted my W9 and insurance so they could make me their new drain cleaner because they are not happy with their current snake boys.

I kept it professional and asked right away what exactly they were not happy about with their current service provider. She said their tenets complained about leaving the units a mess, numerous call backs ect ect.

I responded saying they won't have those issues with us. My guys wear booties, work off tarps, always wipe down the area after the job is complete and call backs are very rare for me.

She said that sounded great! Send your paper work over right away we have a clogged vanity this afternoon we would like to get serviced in the next 24 hours. By the way our current company does our drains for 85$ you can at least match that?

I was a little taken back and told her that my minimum charge is 175 and that's for a simple bath sink or shower drain.... I'm around 400 for a main camera included. She didn't like that, said they would keep me in mind.

How does she expect better service for a cheaper price? I can't stand these people. I'm usually pretty good at getting a homeowner to see the extra value we provide but a property Managment company that wants things cheap will never see the writing on the wall
Unclog1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclog1776 For This Useful Post:
Drain Pro (10-16-2015), Gargalaxy (10-15-2015), plumberkc (10-14-2015)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #2

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

They get what they pay for. Stick to your regular pricing and wait for better customers.
dhal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dhal22 For This Useful Post:
Drain Pro (10-16-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhal22
They get what they pay for. Stick to your regular pricing and wait for better customers.
My wife says we used to do their work... Guess I got dropped for the cheap guy. Best thing I ever did was raise my prices about 25-50 dollars a drain above everyone else. In this guys case 100 bucks lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Unclog1776 For This Useful Post:
Shoot'N'Plumber (10-14-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2015, 10:34 PM   #4

View Shoot'N'Plumber's Photo Album My Photos

Yup! I hear ya! Don't worry give it time they'll come around. Remember that I'm 4x more than the old drain company my biggest account used to use. It took a while but they realized the same drain 4 times in 4-5 weeks or one time over 6-9 months
Shoot'N'Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoot'N'Plumber For This Useful Post:
Unclog1776 (10-14-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 10:42 PM   #5

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclog1776 View Post
Got a call from a property Managment company earlier this week. They wanted my W9 and insurance so they could make me their new drain cleaner because they are not happy with their current snake boys.

I kept it professional and asked right away what exactly they were not happy about with their current service provider. She said their tenets complained about leaving the units a mess, numerous call backs ect ect.

I responded saying they won't have those issues with us. My guys wear booties, work off tarps, always wipe down the area after the job is complete and call backs are very rare for me.

She said that sounded great! Send your paper work over right away we have a clogged vanity this afternoon we would like to get serviced in the next 24 hours. By the way our current company does our drains for 85$ you can at least match that?

I was a little taken back and told her that my minimum charge is 175 and that's for a simple bath sink or shower drain.... I'm around 400 for a main camera included. She didn't like that, said they would keep me in mind.

How does she expect better service for a cheaper price? I can't stand these people. I'm usually pretty good at getting a homeowner to see the extra value we provide but a property Managment company that wants things cheap will never see the writing on the wall

I wonder if she just threw that number of $85 out to see if you'd bite and try to match it or come close to matching it. Either way, that is a stupidly ridiculous price to charge for clearing a drain line.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy plumber
I wonder if she just threw that number of $85 out to see if you'd bite and try to match it or come close to matching it. Either way, that is a stupidly ridiculous price to charge for clearing a drain line.
I know who she is talking about. From what I hear she isn't far off on price. One man operation with a couple cable machines and a free candy van. Has a new helper driving him everytime I see them. It surprised me when she asked for insurance as I doubt someone like him carries it
Old 10-14-2015, 11:20 PM   #7
Ridgid tool user

View gear junkie's Photo Album My Photos

Whoa whoa.....nothing wrong with the free candy van.

When in a conversation and property manager or landlord gets brought in, I immediately stop the conversation and tell them I'm not the plumber for them. When asked why, my usual response is....my typical customer values my honest and respectful manner and quality of work. Because propert management is a business, most see only a number. As of yet, I haven't had any landlords or PM disagree with me. Although many have hired me for their own house
Gargalaxy (10-15-2015), plumberkc (10-15-2015), Unclog1776 (10-15-2015)
Old 10-15-2015, 04:59 AM   #8
3%'er

View BOBBYTUCSON's Photo Album My Photos

pm can be the worst clientelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns_TPS View Post
Apple will never have an app for what we do. iPlunger?
BOBBYTUCSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBYTUCSON
pm can be the worst clientelle
90% of the time I agree with you. My area is a huge college town where the rich kids from Chicago suburbs come for school. Some of these kids parents pay over 1000 a month for their kids room. The two big dogs in student rental here each have over 1500 units. They are some of my best customers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclog1776 For This Useful Post:
Cajunhiker (10-16-2015), OpenSights (10-19-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #10

View Drain Pro's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclog1776 View Post

Welcome to my world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drain Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drain Pro For This Useful Post:
Roto-Rooter (10-17-2015), Unclog1776 (10-16-2015)