Nice score? - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Drain and Sewer Cleaning

Like Tree17Likes

Old 07-19-2019, 01:40 PM   #1

View V.A Hydro-ooter's Photo Album My Photos
Default Nice score?

I bought this old style k-60 off Craigslist today. Got it for $85!
It appears to be in good shape besides the paint peeling on top. I tested it at his house and the motor sounds smooth. There is no grinding when the lever is pushed.
I've used the k-60sp before so I know what that's capable of doing. Can the people that have/had both chime in?
The biggest lines I'd use it on would be 4" and 120' or less. I currently have a k-7500 in my van but if I can conserve space and weight by using this that would be great. I also have a k-50 knockoff in my van. It would be even better if this would replace both. I know it can run 5/8" and 7/8" cable.
skoronesa and MASTRPLUMB like this.
V.A Hydro-ooter is online now   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #2

Forgot the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Nice score?-img_20190719_132958_1563558077316.jpg  

Nice score?-img_20190719_132950_1563558093726.jpg  

Nice score?-img_20190719_132939_1563558102979.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to V.A Hydro-ooter For This Useful Post:
Tommy plumber (07-20-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 08:40 PM   #3

View Standard Drain's Photo Album My Photos

Looks like it's in pretty good shape.
mtfallsmikey likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2019, 09:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard Drain View Post
Looks like it's in pretty good shape.
It definitely is. It runs a whole lot quieter and smoother than my k-50 and my k-50 knockoff.
skoronesa and MASTRPLUMB like this.
Old 07-20-2019, 03:15 PM   #5

View Venomthirst's Photo Album My Photos

Wow that's a steal.. nice
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
Venomthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:01 PM   #6

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

Great deal. I never used that particular machine, but I know some who have used it, they refer to it as a suitcase machine.

Although the K-60 can use either 5/8" or 7/8" cable, I never use 5/8" in my K-60. If I decide to use 5/8" cable for a smaller diameter line {like kitchen sink} then why lug the K-60 inside? I will use the K-50 with the 5/8" cable in this particular application. And for a tub, I'll use the K-50 with a small drum attachment that has an innercore 5/16" which is fairly stiff yet will take bends nicely like an 1 1/2" p-trap.
mtfallsmikey likes this.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy plumber View Post
Great deal. I never used that particular machine, but I know some who have used it, they refer to it as a suitcase machine.

Although the K-60 can use either 5/8" or 7/8" cable, I never use 5/8" in my K-60. If I decide to use 5/8" cable for a smaller diameter line {like kitchen sink} then why lug the K-60 inside? I will use the K-50 with the 5/8" cable in this particular application. And for a tub, I'll use the K-50 with a small drum attachment that has an innercore 5/16" which is fairly stiff yet will take bends nicely like an 1 1/2" p-trap.
I know, I use the k-50 for those small drains. I also use my drill if I want it done better or to do some main lines.
I was just hoping I could take out my k-50, k-3800 and k-7500 from my van for space savings.
Unfortunately I can't find the collet needed to use 5/8" cable with this, if they ever even made one. Looks like the k-50 will stay in but the other 2 will come out as soon as I get some 7/8" cable.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:23 PM   #8

View rooterboy's Photo Album My Photos

I have the old K60 suitcase and it is not as powerful as the K60sp I think the motor is smaller. Anyways it worked good for me for drain cleaning and some root stoppages. There is an adjustable foot in the back for working on sloped roofs and cleaning from the vent stack, at least that is what I used it for. I believe the flexible hose is interchangeable between the k60 and k60sp. That think looks like brand new good score. Mine did not come with no GFI. Also I believe they use the same clutch.
skoronesa and Tango like this.
rooterboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooterboy View Post
I have the old K60 suitcase and it is not as powerful as the K60sp I think the motor is smaller. Anyways it worked good for me for drain cleaning and some root stoppages. There is an adjustable foot in the back for working on sloped roofs and cleaning from the vent stack, at least that is what I used it for. I believe the flexible hose is interchangeable between the k60 and k60sp. That think looks like brand new good score. Mine did not come with no GFI. Also I believe they use the same clutch.
Do you think this would be ok with 100' of 7/8" cable? I know the sp can run that no problem. I would probably mix in a few inner core cables for root stoppages. I'll be running it with a spiral root saw and maybe a chain knocker as well.
I also have a 3,000 x 12 jetter and a warthog in my van for the really thick roots.
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:48 AM   #10

View rooterboy's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.A Hydro-ooter View Post
Do you think this would be ok with 100' of 7/8" cable? I know the sp can run that no problem. I would probably mix in a few inner core cables for root stoppages. I'll be running it with a spiral root saw and maybe a chain knocker as well.
I also have a 3,000 x 12 jetter and a warthog in my van for the really thick roots.

Yes it would work going out 125 feet with 7/8" cable
rooterboy is online now   Reply With Quote