Frustrating eeling calls - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Drain and Sewer Cleaning

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By canuck92

Old 06-22-2020, 08:52 PM   #1
canuckPlumBbob

View canuck92's Photo Album My Photos
Default Frustrating eeling calls

Late afternoon got a call at hospital/nursing home. Very old building. " laundry tub plugged"
Figured id be in an out in quicker then bad sex.

Carried in my trusty k50 tripod, only to realize i have 1 head for it ( dont leave equiptment in shop their vulchers) so i get set up, 1-1/2 copper drain tossed on my only head left skinny long pigtail, after a couple cables i noticed its going up the vent, pull back try again, repaeat 10, try no head same thing. Moved a wash machine went down a standpipe gangtrap fed all cables, no luck tub still plugged, sent my apprentice to find another guy in the city with a drop 90 head 8 blocks away, get it try it still no luck.
Nowhere else near by to eel from and im pissed in a hurry gunna be late for an appointment after work...wheverever after work actaully is. 8 years later still dont know what time after work actually starts.
Anyways so in the process of eeling this trap arm an up the vent 50 times i noticed some small peices of iron comming back.

Might sound like a long shot but heres my take. This is an institutional laundry room, the chemicls that get dumped down this tub is plentyfull, im guessing parts of this drain are rotted out and theres a chunk of metle stuck in the throat of the tee wye which is why my cable keeps going up.
So by this time its 345 and i got to be across town for 4 so i told the guy ill be back tomorow ill bring the flex shaft an if that doesnt get it im bustin a hole in the block wall.

This was due, iv been in a good groove for a year ish things always working out.
This past week thats come to a hult.

Iv noticed that..ya get a good groove going and the work just fixes itself when you wink at it, life is good.
Then one day, a month of nothing but s*hit happens at work to the point were you say " why the f*ck do i still do this " not quite at that point again lol but been there.
skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
canuck92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2020, 10:50 PM   #2

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck92 View Post
Iv noticed that..ya get a good groove going and the work just fixes itself when you wink at it, life is good.
Then one day, a month of nothing but s*hit happens at work to the point were you say " why the f*ck do i still do this " not quite at that point again lol but been there.

Tell me about it. My first day back from my foot injury was last wednesday. Going up a hill my check engine light comes on and she starts running rough. Turns out spark plug broke in the cylinder and took out the exhaust valve and scored up the cylinder, no compression in that cylinder.

Now I'm stuck working from a duct van and of course I never have everything I need for a job. I really want my old van back asap, needs a new engine.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote