300 failure and possibly a lead on a jetter - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Drain and Sewer Cleaning

Like Tree54Likes

Old 07-23-2020, 01:44 PM   #1
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos
Default 300 failure and possibly a lead on a jetter

Ended up with 12 main line prevents today. 11 for the annual turn over, when the kids go home for a month or so, and one for another customer. First two went good, brought it down the stairs for the third and no power. Tested the outlet, had power. Tried a different outlet, nothing. Normally Iíd just cut the gfi off and put a regular plug on it, but I figured that would void my warranty.

Got home and called my rep, left a message. He called back within 5 minutes or so. First thing he said was that he was just thinking of me. Iíve only met him three times. He had just met with customer, PMC that does their own drains. Theyíre looking at upgrading to a bigger jetter and want to sell their 10y/o Spartan Soldier. He said it looks like itís 2-3 years old. New pump 2-3 years ago, new hose two weeks ago. Said they wanted $15 for it, he told them theyíd be lucky to get 8-10 for it.

I kinda want to hold out for a 40-18, but at the rate Iíve been handing out jet jobs Iíd have it paid off in less than a year easy. When he gets the pictures heís going to send them my way. Forgot to ask how many hours it has, but he said it runs like new. Itís about an hour and a half away from me.

Back to the 300.... he said, yes it would void the warranty, but told me to check a few things and if I need to, go ahead, cut out the gfi and heíd send me out a new cord.

So looks like Iím working Saturday now.

When I get pics Iíll post them. I wonít be able to look at it for a couple weeks. The cheapest jet job around here is about $500 for an easy outside clean out, inside work, $700 minimum. The big guys, Iíve heard anywhere from $1500-3500.

If I go look at it, anyone have experience with this jetter? Things to look for or at?
skoronesa, MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2020, 04:05 PM   #2
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

How do you do 12 mainlines???? Something has to be so easy, tell me how! Here you'd be lucky to do 2-3 a day. You'd be lucky to have a basement clean out!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:35 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
How do you do 12 mainlines???? Something has to be so easy, tell me how! Here you'd be lucky to do 2-3 a day. You'd be lucky to have a basement clean out!
11 are in one neighborhood. I have 5 on two blocks, same road. I donít mess around! I havenít had a back call that wasnít tenet abuse until this last year, but it really wasnít my fault. Combo of girls, tp and a small belly.

300 is back up and running, so Iím working Saturday. Stupid Chinese put a security screw in the gfi so I couldnít check those connections. Voided my warranty, but the rep is going to look the other way and send me a new cord.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2020, 05:54 PM   #4
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
11 are in one neighborhood. I have 5 on two blocks, same road. I donít mess around! I havenít had a back call that wasnít tenet abuse until this last year, but it really wasnít my fault. Combo of girls, tp and a small belly.

300 is back up and running, so Iím working Saturday. Stupid Chinese put a security screw in the gfi so I couldnít check those connections. Voided my warranty, but the rep is going to look the other way and send me a new cord.
How the heck do everyone on the same road get a clogged main? I bet you have easy outside clean outs? But if it's in Michigan doesn't it freeze?
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:22 PM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

this should have the saftey bit you need..for 10 bucks....

https://www.harborfreight.com/securi...-pc-68457.html
OpenSights and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:24 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
How the heck do everyone on the same road get a clogged main? I bet you have easy outside clean outs? But if it's in Michigan doesn't it freeze?
Lol! Not clogged, prevents, preventive maintenance.

I donít recall the code for depth outside, water is either 3í or 4í. Septic and sewer have methane so I rarely see a frozen main lines. Usually it due to a leaky flapper or condensation line in a hardly used line.

These prevents are for two reasons. One, yes, we know they have roots in the clay lines. Two, kids move in, it backs up, pull back a bunch of Tampons... ďwe never flush those!Ē Bullshnt! It was just cleaned!

A prevent takes me about a half hour with cleanup.
MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:07 PM   #7

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

First off, don't blame the chinese, they don't give two schits if you open it and electrocute yourself. It has a security screw because the manufacturer/electrical device designer has to be able to prove in court they took some action to prevent people tampering with a safety device. Your anger should be directed at the idiots who think we need all of this bullschit in the name of "safety". Write your congressman and tell them to amend the laws so idiots who choose to electrocute themselves take the blame so we don't have to live in a nanny state.

Second, why not keep a spare motor on the van if you use the machine that much? We keep a spare motor for my 92 at the shop and I can always steal one off my other two snakes. It's just a standard 1/2" shaft, 1/2hp motor on my 92 and because of the mounting I can use several different common frame sizes.

OpenSights, MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:35 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
First off, don't blame the chinese, they don't give two schits if you open it and electrocute yourself. It has a security screw because the manufacturer/electrical device designer has to be able to prove in court they took some action to prevent people tampering with a safety device. Your anger should be directed at the idiots who think we need all of this bullschit in the name of "safety". Write your congressman and tell them to amend the laws so idiots who choose to electrocute themselves take the blame so we don't have to live in a nanny state.

Second, why not keep a spare motor on the van if you use the machine that much? We keep a spare motor for my 92 at the shop and I can always steal one off my other two snakes. It's just a standard 1/2" shaft, 1/2hp motor on my 92 and because of the mounting I can use several different common frame sizes.

If you ever have watched The Five on Fox News, Iím still trying to figure out who to compare you too...

SRDH and I are probably Greg, Tango would be Tirus and you might be Cat. View point anyway.

China has slaves, so I donít blame the people. If I was a slave Iíd be sabotaging, or at least do a piss poor job too.

Personally, Iíve cut off the gfi out of every machine Iíve owned. New cord on the way. Probably will just put in stock and keep on keeping on.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 07-23-2020, 10:27 PM   #9
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Tango would be Tirus . .

Trius who?? I hope he's not an A-hole!
OpenSights and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 07-23-2020, 10:37 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Trius who?? I hope he's not an A-hole!
I probably spelled his name wrong. No, heís cool Dog! Bust up tomorrow. Bed time.
MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.