will you do a ton of work for someone who wont talk to you???? - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Like Tree79Likes

Old 09-28-2019, 02:48 PM   #1
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos
Default will you do a ton of work for someone who wont talk to you????

We have been getting a lot of scammers from both texts and e-mails wanting us to come out and estimate some rental property issues or a long list of things that they claim they want done normally in a new home they just bought....and they live out of town at present...

I wont trust anyone who will not call me and talk to me and they think I am gonna meet them or some renter at some hell hole property in town???....

A the beginning of this week I get an e-mail from someone wanting a long list of items repaired in a home he is buying nearby.... I give him the number to someone we use to come out and estimate a few gas lines he wants run.. and then he e-mails back to me that he only wants to e-mail the guy??

I tell him that he will need to talk to the person to discuss the issues and I also send him my cell number so we can actually talk too...

I basically get something set up to go out on sat morning to look the place over but I still need to talk to him and get a way into the home..... He still wont call me and tells me to call the real estate lady and set it up myself....

a day or two passes and I get a smart ass e-mail from him asking if I am interested in his work or not??? So I e-mail him back and say lets just forget the whole thing and you call Ben Franklin......

then he e-mails me back with another smart ass statement saying all I had to do was just say no and not make him read the whole paragraph.....

At that point I tell him that I am a typing fool and its no problem to type off a whole page or reasons I dont want to deal with him.... then I tell him about all the skummey scammers I deal with every week and usually if they will not call me on the phone I figure it is just a wild goose chase that I am not going to fall for...... Also we get a lot of folks who claim to be dis-abled and cannot speak on the phone (so they claim) so Good luck and bye.....

then he decides to give me a bad review on facebook claiming I must be off my rocker or unstable....

we go back and forth and THEN he finally attempts to call me and I get a message to call him back after he posted that bad review........

.Ok, so you say I seem unstable ?? I attempt to get you to call me all week long and when you wont and I tell you to e-mail or text or call someone else, so then you give me a bad review on Facebook. Then sometime after this review I get a text from my answering service saying you left me your number and you want me to call you?? ----Seriously?? Good luck with your project....

I wont waste my time with this clown or anyone who I get the feeling they are atttempting to set me up or con me in one way or another

How many guys out here will jump through hoops for someone who only wants to e-mail you or text you and wont call you back???

skoronesa and Tango like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2019, 04:54 PM   #2
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

Nope, no, no way.
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 05:34 PM   #3
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

I often get text messages or kijiji messages asking "how much I charge per hour" and I never reply to them even if I'm tempted to fool around.

There is one scam I got caught. I received a text if I was working on the other side of town. I replied "Call me no text". That in itself was the con, 10 minutes later I got 2 different texts for s.e.o services with probably virus links. I blocked these 2 new texter and the original one.
OpenSights and MASTRPLUMB like this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2019, 05:42 PM   #4
Moderator Wizard

Anyway those who text or emails are usually 95% price shoppers, wranglers and time wasters. Those 5% who I write to call me actually do and find it too expensive and maybe 1-2% actually hire me.

I don't text, F that.
OpenSights and skoronesa like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tango For This Useful Post:
MASTRPLUMB (09-28-2019)
Old 09-28-2019, 10:35 PM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

nope, wont even waste my time responding back..either call or f**k off....now if its a steady customer that texts me, thats a different story all together and I will text back and set up something that way...
but not from some random idiot..

Last edited by GAN; 09-30-2019 at 12:58 PM..
ShtRnsdownhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:49 PM   #6
Ridgid tool user

View gear junkie's Photo Album My Photos

I've found many times when receiving texts or emails, it's because English is the person's second language.
skoronesa likes this.
MASTRPLUMB (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 07:32 PM   #7
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

Many of my LL text jobs. But I know them. No talkie no workie.
skoronesa and MASTRPLUMB like this.
OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:20 PM   #8

View Dpeckplb's Photo Album My Photos

I keep getting all kinds of scammers looking to invest in my plumber business, have big job they are out of town. Last email that said that I replied no sh!t by the picture you sent your not even on my side of the world ahole. I don’t give out my e-mail to anyone unless it’s a customer, if they Facebook message me I have it set to automatically respond to call me for a response. I prefer to actually talk to someone.
Tango and MASTRPLUMB like this.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:11 PM   #9
Moderator Wizard

You know those advertisers who want to put your ad in the nurses, ambulance, fire fighters whatyoumacallthem pamphlets/calendar/I don't know. They call me 4-5 times a year, the next one who calls I'll say sure put my ad in there but just like my customers they only pay when I have produced results. Same for theirs ads, guarantee the results and maybe I'll pay you. You know real life is like that, wranglers don't always play fair.

I'll be waiting for their reaction.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:49 AM   #10

View Alan's Photo Album My Photos

This is part of the reason I'm glad that my business line has a local cell phone prefix but it's actually a landline. I don't get text messages from new customers. Only select customers get my mobile number (I forward calls when I'm not at the house), and I don't mind texting with those clients.