Unknown brand of pot filler - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Like Tree42Likes

Old 02-06-2020, 06:41 PM   #1

View asapmarty's Photo Album My Photos
Default Unknown brand of pot filler

Does anyone recognize the brand and or model of this pot filler?
Attached Thumbnails
Unknown brand of pot filler-pot-filler-unknown-brand.jpg  

asapmarty is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2020, 07:42 PM   #2

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by asapmarty View Post
Does anyone recognize the brand and or model of this pot filler?

No, but judging by the handles it takes 1/2" semi generic ceramic cartridges like the Grohe 45882000.

https://www.plumbersstock.com/grohe-...urn-right.html

These cartridges are a very standard pattern as I am sure you will have noticed if you do plumbing service. The splines are standard, but the escutcheon thread has a gap between it and the bonnet rim. Kohler makes one of this style cartridge with no bonnet threads which your local supply house is most likely to have. Those handles appear to have caps so you may be able to use the kohler variant with a center screw to hold the handle on.

If you want I can post a pic of the most common versions that I stock in my van.

The short answer is take the handles off and take a pic so I can find you the exact cartridge. The handles have a set screw or two. There may be a center screw under those caps which may unscrew or pop off. Also the bonnet may need to be unscrewed.

Attached Thumbnails
Unknown brand of pot filler-grohe12.jpeg  

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skoronesa For This Useful Post:
asapmarty (02-07-2020)
Old 02-06-2020, 07:46 PM   #3

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Is that a leak on the middle lower swing joint?

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2020, 08:18 PM   #4
Super Moderator

View MACPLUMB777's Photo Album My Photos

You sure don't post much, 1 post last year and other then that it has been 3 years since you joined and posted
dhal22 and ShtRnsdownhill like this.
[email protected]
MACPLUMB777 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MACPLUMB777 For This Useful Post:
Tango (02-06-2020)
Old 02-06-2020, 09:25 PM   #5

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

You tried.... Went online, made some calls, nothing positive enough to waste time trying various cartridges. Time to replace.
dhal22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:13 AM   #6

The faucet belongs to a friend of mine. He sent me the picture. I have not been there yet to have a better look. He told me that he did not see any names on it. Valve at wall still shuts off. Valve at spout end does not. The hinge in the center looks like its going bad by the picture.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:35 AM   #7

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by asapmarty View Post
The faucet belongs to a friend of mine. He sent me the picture. I have not been there yet to have a better look. He told me that he did not see any names on it. Valve at wall still shuts off. Valve at spout end does not. The hinge in the center looks like its going bad by the picture.

as said before..tell him to buy a NEW one and you can install it, and call it a day....many times you spend more time running for parts and trying to get an old faucet apart, and no guarantee new parts will fix the issue...
breplum and MACPLUMB777 like this.
breplum (02-12-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 03:07 PM   #8

Have not been there yet. Customer sent picture.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:23 PM   #9
I aint CPV see in it?

View ROCKSTARPLUMBER's Photo Album My Photos

I came acorss an Altmans brand faucet a couple weeks ago. It was/is a high end chunky fixture like Santec. I had the hardest time matching up the stems for it. couldnt replace it as it was in the master bath and matched all the other fixtures.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.

ROCKSTARPLUMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:59 AM   #10
3rd year apprentice

View goeswiththeflow's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
as said before..tell him to buy a NEW one and you can install it, and call it a day....many times you spend more time running for parts and trying to get an old faucet apart, and no guarantee new parts will fix the issue...
Better yet, just pull it out and cap it off. I like to cook, but I have never in my life wished that I had one. The sink has never been too far away that I thought, "man cooking this lobster or pasta would make my life SO much easier, if only I had a pot filler instead of having to carry the water from the sink 4 feet away." Besides, if you have it and use it often, you still need to carry the water back to the sink, so it actually makes more work for you.

Far be it from me to begrudge anyone what they do with their own money, but IMO they are the epitome of what one does when he doesn't know what else to spend his money on. I don't give a crap with keeping up with the Joneses, nor with trying to impress anyone because I have the latest fad in home design. Now I did install a hot water hose bib next to my cold one. That is much more useful than any pot filler, but my wife's friends don't drool over it because they haven't seen it on HGTV.