Thanks hack - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Like Tree27Likes

Old 09-27-2017, 11:59 PM   #1

View Eddy k's Photo Album My Photos
Default Thanks hack

Me and a home remodel guy I work with lost this job because bid was too high. So they fired the low guy told us they would pay us cash to fix all the hackery. The bosses son hired one of his buddies, the hack.
Attached Thumbnails
Thanks hack-57221db3-fa85-4818-b6c9-7c9e242418d5_1506567484413.jpeg  

Eddy k is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddy k For This Useful Post:
Tommy plumber (09-28-2017)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2017, 12:20 AM   #2
rwh

View rwh's Photo Album My Photos

That is bad enough I question is this pic real?
dhal22 likes this.
rwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:24 AM   #3

View rowanova's Photo Album My Photos

So many people base their decision on price only. Seems like a lot of people don’t even want to talk to you, just want a number. I get a lot of emails for quotes from people who can’t even give me a full sentence description. They want the lowest price based upon 4 or 5 words. What do you expect you’re going to get?

I personally just don’t have enough money to be that cheap. Rich people can afford to be cheap- when they have to pay for the same thing over and over or their house gets flooded, they’ve got the cash to take care of it. Me, I save my money and buy quality and don’t look back.

Real question is- if I ever do a bada$$ hook-up like this one, should the hot be plumbed to front or back handle?
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
rowanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2017, 07:05 AM   #4

Very real pic, crane companys new office. You should see the urinal and shower. As I was leaving the woman at the front desk said it must be bad based on all my laughter she could here.
GAN, MACPLUMB777, rowanova and 1 others like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddy k For This Useful Post:
Tommy plumber (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 08:02 AM   #5

Picture not real, you think I would mock something up just for the sake of posting a picture.
MACPLUMB777 and 5onthefloor like this.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:00 PM   #6

View 5onthefloor's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy k View Post
Very real pic, crane companys new office. You should see the urinal and shower. As I was leaving the woman at the front desk said it must be bad based on all my laughter she could here.
Dude your comment about the secretary hearing you laugh...priceless! I am posting this again bc it is hilarious

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
rjbphd and MACPLUMB777 like this.
5onthefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #7

Eddy K I just had to do something else. Got a flat today so trying to laugh more since my morning has been ****!
How many things are wrong with this picture?

Eddy k, OpenSights and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:52 PM   #8
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

Speaking of hackery... my former Master, who has left the trade for good, asked if I would finish the bathroom in his poll barn. Other then one sink, all water was ran. All fittings and fixtures supplied, all I needed to do was the underground and set fixtures. All went well until I went to set the shower. Right hand shower, faucet on the left, right hand wall had already been drilled for the valve. Asked him if he wanted me to just move the valve body. "No, I'll just buy a new surround." Ookaay. "Just put the walls up, I'll figure out how to patch the wall." Oooookaaay. Well, at least it looks good to him from his house I guess.

I hate it when I'm forced to do hack work. But at least I get a spartan 100 and a nice dewalt jackhammer in barter. The extra parts off my truck have been very minor, 2" pvc fittings, some pex, talons/mickies, caulk....
Attached Thumbnails
Thanks hack-img_0456.jpg  

Thanks hack-img_0457.jpg  

Gargalaxy likes this.
OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
Speaking of hackery... my former Master, who has left the trade for good, asked if I would finish the bathroom in his poll barn. Other then one sink, all water was ran. All fittings and fixtures supplied, all I needed to do was the underground and set fixtures. All went well until I went to set the shower. Right hand shower, faucet on the left, right hand wall had already been drilled for the valve. Asked him if he wanted me to just move the valve body. "No, I'll just buy a new surround." Ookaay. "Just put the walls up, I'll figure out how to patch the wall." Oooookaaay. Well, at least it looks good to him from his house I guess.

I hate it when I'm forced to do hack work. But at least I get a spartan 100 and a nice dewalt jackhammer in barter. The extra parts off my truck have been very minor, 2" pvc fittings, some pex, talons/mickies, caulk....
I got you bro....
Now no one's the wiser!

OpenSights likes this.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:03 PM   #10
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

I should send that to him! Perfect fix! I have an extra panel from a ****ed up fire job. I could offer a piece of it, but I think I'll let him figure the monstrosity out on his own.

I've seen some of the work his guys did after I left... embarrassing to say the least. Reality shows he's better off selling lumber. Great guy, just a bad business owner with just enough to make Master and fail.
Gargalaxy and 5onthefloor like this.
OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote