So how'd your busy day go? - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Like Tree37Likes

Old 08-04-2017, 07:46 PM   #1
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos
Default So how'd your busy day go?

Solo today. Seven main line prevents, all in basements, one poltergeist that 4 Master plumbers couldn't figure out (I'm an apprentice), another basement main, and finally a slab main where I had to pull the stool.

The whole day went good till the slab house. Spent three hours, even with all my tarps and draining my drum three times, it looked like a murder scene. Vacant for eight years. Went out 7 times with various cutters, opened and closed back up twice. Battled pencil size roots from 50' to 70' with my 300. If the line isn't collapsed I could definitely get it with my k1500, but even with the sleeve thingy I won't use it through a flange anywhere finished. If I had a k7500 or 1065 I probably could have gotten it. Talked to the LL, said I'll run my big machine if we install an outside clean out or he can call someone with a Jetter. His response, "If we do either of those I'll have to maintain it yearly or so, right? Ok, I'll just have it replaced." He's an awesome LL, and a great guy all around. Typical Friday.

Still a very profitable day with a poop on top instead of a cherry.

So how did your busy day go?
Debo22 and MACPLUMB777 like this.
OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2017, 07:59 PM   #2

View Fatpat's Photo Album My Photos

Upsold a kitchen sink to a hydrojet?

Ran an ice maker Line

Cleared a Back to back Tub/shower

And did an estimate for an upstairs waste and overflow replacement. It's leaking bad and runing the kitchen ceiling.
Attached Thumbnails
So how'd your busy day go?-img_2643_1501891134402.jpg  

So how'd your busy day go?-img_2642_1501891143724.jpg  

Debo22 and OpenSights like this.
Fatpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:59 PM   #3

View Flyout95's Photo Album My Photos

2 guys, 8 hours on a 50 gallon electric water heater. We are at the end of this job (1.9 million for plumbing) and next job is months away. Making it last.
OpenSights likes this.
Flyout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2017, 08:54 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyout95 View Post
2 guys, 8 hours on a 50 gallon electric water heater. We are at the end of this job (1.9 million for plumbing) and next job is months away. Making it last.
See I couldn't do that. I have to be going at full speed. The Corp beat hurry up and wait into me. I have better things to do elsewhere than work slow or sit around and hold the earth down.

No offense by any means Flyout!
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:00 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatpat View Post
Upsold a kitchen sink to a hydrojet?

Ran an ice maker Line

Cleared a Back to back Tub/shower

And did an estimate for an upstairs waste and overflow replacement. It's leaking bad and runing the kitchen ceiling.
I'm still not sure on that General. I think, with a bit of time back and forth on the way out on a sludgy line, it might work great.... and a good up sell, but I need to truly believe in a product to sell it.
Gargalaxy and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:55 PM   #6
Super Moderator

View MACPLUMB777's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyout95 View Post
That's the problem that I had working civil service for the U.S. Navy
they always wanted to make the job last, instead of get ur done
OpenSights likes this.
[email protected]
MACPLUMB777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:03 AM   #7

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos

I went and checked a potential shower rough in, then to an air conditioner leaking water into a commercial building and cleared a couple condensation drains, then to a post office for two through the trap urinal stoppages and a mop sink stoppage, then to a sports bar for a/c's not working (pulled the clogged filters and will return and do maintenance on them, ate an awesome free lunch while there), then to another post office and cabled a main line, and then to an a/c not working after the solar install "sparkies" miswired it, I wired it properly and added some refrigerant. I left at 8:30am and home by 6pm.
OpenSights and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Debo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:05 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACPLUMB777 View Post
That's the problem that I had working civil service for the U.S. Navy
they always wanted to make the job last, instead of get ur done
Been on a few ships myself. Don't care for them at all. Gatorfreightors. LHA's and LHD's. Brokenwood was my least favorite back in '99. Operation Stabilize, East Timor. 31st MEU. Good ol times. Have a video. I spent 76 hours bore sighting 4 cobras on ship and had to redo one because the TSU was swapped out by avi.

Man was I ever hopped upped on caffeine and effedrine, which was ok at the time! But we got the birds done in time!

I never had so much fun and misery at the same time.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:20 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debo22 View Post
I went and checked a potential shower rough in, then to an air conditioner leaking water into a commercial building and cleared a couple condensation drains, then to a post office for two through the trap urinal stoppages and a mop sink stoppage, then to a sports bar for a/c's not working (pulled the clogged filters and will return and do maintenance on them, ate an awesome free lunch while there), then to another post office and cabled a main line, and then to an a/c not working after the solar install "sparkies" miswired it, I wired it properly and added some refrigerant. I left at 8:30am and home by 6pm.
Hey, wtf is this hvac thing? Saw it on the cold line of a water heater on my last main line inspection. Not a trap primer, something hvac by the looks of it.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:22 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Dang it. Turn your head sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
So how'd your busy day go?-img_0086.jpg