Same gadget different Tactic - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Like Tree15Likes

Old 03-24-2019, 06:57 PM   #1
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default Same gadget different Tactic

I can't believe this gimmick I mean gadget is once again on the market. This time they went all in with this guy's face. He's a famous Canadian tv show host renovator and contractor. I used to watch a lot of his shows. There were a lot of flaws in it and what I didn't like is that he used his guys to build completely new houses and most of them never went to trade school. And he went on and on about stuff not being code when even his crew had never seen a code book in their life and we've never seen a code book in his episodes.

But anyway...

mtfallsmikey, GAN and MASTRPLUMB like this.

Last edited by Tango; 03-24-2019 at 07:03 PM..
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2019, 07:12 PM   #2

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

there are plenty of idiots born everyday that will buy all that infomercial crap..wheres there money to be made there will be a scam...
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:14 PM   #3

View Logtec's Photo Album My Photos

Mike Holmes is a tool.
mtfallsmikey and MASTRPLUMB like this.
Logtec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Logtec For This Useful Post:
89plumbum (03-27-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2019, 08:45 PM   #4
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logtec View Post
Mike Holmes is a tool.
Have you seen the episode where he says you have to sand abs like copper so the glue can stick! I'm not kidding, his guys were sanding the ends!! I saw that one!
Old 03-24-2019, 09:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Quote:
Mike Holmes is a tool.
Have you seen the episode where he says you have to sand abs like copper so the glue can stick! I'm not kidding, his guys were sanding the ends!! I saw that one!
I ran into him a few years ago coming out of a restaurant, he looked at my work shirt, then looked at me like “don’t you want my autograph?”.. I just chuckled.

I used to know and trade work with the plumber he had on his show (for a few seasons), the guy was cool until then, now it’s gone to his head.
He is also a tool.

I’ve worked with some other trades that have worked w/ Mike and on the show. They say that MH is a dick, and treats most of the people around him like they’re garbage. Apparently if you’re company is used on the program, you don’t get paid for the work, it’s just advertising for you. Also the show is basically saying that ALL the bad work/jobs they come across is from hacks and bad contractors, out to rip you off, but the reality is usually it’s just homeowners who have done the work don’t know what they’re doing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logtec For This Useful Post:
Master Mark (03-24-2019), MASTRPLUMB (03-24-2019), Tango (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 10:26 PM   #6
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
I ran into him a few years ago coming out of a restaurant, he looked at my work shirt, then looked at me like ďdonít you want my autograph?Ē.. I just chuckled.

I used to know and trade work with the plumber he had on his show (for a few seasons), the guy was cool until then, now itís gone to his head.
He is also a tool.

Iíve worked with some other trades that have worked w/ Mike and on the show. They say that MH is a dick, and treats most of the people around him like theyíre garbage. Apparently if youíre company is used on the program, you donít get paid for the work, itís just advertising for you. Also the show is basically saying that ALL the bad work/jobs they come across is from hacks and bad contractors, out to rip you off, but the reality is usually itís just homeowners who have done the work donít know what theyíre doing.
Awesome insights, I had no knowledge.

He was pushing spray foam insulation for a long time. Test show its very harmful to the human system if done wrong. A lot of people had to abandon their house permanently as the gassing off of the product is highly toxic.
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:28 PM   #7
Moderator Wizard

Quote:

I used to know and trade work with the plumber he had on his show (for a few seasons), the guy was cool until then, now itís gone to his head.
He is also a tool.
Are you talking about the tall skinny blond guy working for mr. looter? If so yeah he looked like a know it all with a star attitude.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Quote:

I used to know and trade work with the plumber he had on his show (for a few seasons), the guy was cool until then, now it’s gone to his head.
He is also a tool.
Are you talking about the tall skinny blond guy working for mr. looter? If so yeah he looked like a know it all with a star attitude.
PM sent.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:48 PM   #9

View gap1927's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

He is also a tool.
Do you mean Marcin from Express Rooter? He is knowledgeable, but also annoying, always looking at the camera which is a no-no. At least they use licenced plumbers electricians & tin bashers. FYI, In Ontario, where they tape the shows, Carpenters do not have to be licensed.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
gap1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:00 PM   #10

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Well here he is folks.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skoronesa For This Useful Post:
OpenSights (03-28-2019)