Rheem eco200dveln3-1 tankless propane water heater question - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Debo22
  • 2 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 1 Post By Tango
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 01:39 AM   #1

View Benjamin1959's Photo Album My Photos
Default Rheem eco200dveln3-1 tankless propane water heater question

So im installing a Rheem eco200dveln3-1 tankless water heater in a commercial building.199,000 btu. the engineer left it up to me(after i showed him how much sediment and calcium were inline) to figure out what kind of sediment filter to put on the inlet water line. Any thoughts?Thanks in advance!

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2019, 02:24 AM   #2

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos

I’ve found that this one works best
Attached Thumbnails
Rheem eco200dveln3-1 tankless propane water heater question-7589ebe4-bea0-4b25-9526-cd9b31a09a2a.jpg  

skoronesa, MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:25 AM   #3

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

just get a clear whole house filter housing and fill it with a mix of pampers and charcoal, that will stop anything..especially any $hit in the line...
MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2019, 02:01 PM   #4
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

A mosquito screen might do the trick. Here's one example.

Attached Thumbnails
Rheem eco200dveln3-1 tankless propane water heater question-the_compression_coupler_water_filter.png  

MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:36 PM   #5
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

An intro is requested from all new members. In case you missed it, here is the link. https://www.plumbingzone.com/f3/.

The PZ is for Plumbing Professionals (those engaged in the plumbing profession)

Post an intro and tell our members where you are from, yrs in the trade, and your area(s) of expertise in the plumbing field.

This info helps members who are waiting to welcome you to the best plumbing site there is.

We look forward to your valuable input.

This one is from me : Write more than one or two lines, elaborate. Are you proud of your trade? Show it! Talk about the jobs you've done, the path you took to get where you're at as a trades person, the amount of time spent in plumbing school(s) or years before you were eligible to take the journeyman exam etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tango For This Useful Post:
MACPLUMB777 (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #6

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin1959 View Post
So im installing a Rheem eco200dveln3-1 tankless water heater in a commercial building.199,000 btu. the engineer left it up to me(after i showed him how much sediment and calcium were inline) to figure out what kind of sediment filter to put on the inlet water line. Any thoughts?Thanks in advance!

The sediment is easy to solve, a 4x20 filter housing and a heavy duty sediment filter(50 micron) is you're best bet. 4x20 is the largest standard size without going to an expensive stainless housing. If you get a clear housing you can see when it needs to be changed. You can pipe several in parallel to get more flow and longer times between changing.

I would also suggest a spin down filter before the sediment filter. Spin down filter housings rely on the flow of the water to settle out the sediment and can be flushed out with a valve on the bottom. This will cut down on how often you have to change the main filter. I use my spin down filter without its internal filter installed, instead relying solely on the spin action. I do this because the small mesh filter in the spin down housing will quickly clog otherwise and is unnecessary if you have the 4x20 after it.

The calcium can only really be solved with a water softener, thousands of dollars. That is because it is dissolved into the water. You can use replaceable filters meant for softening but you would be changing them every couple days in a commercial setting. If you do install a softener it should be before any other filters and will likely be the only thing you need to install to remove all of the sediment as well as the lime. Softeners flush themselves automatically.

Any filter/treatment equipment you install should be piped in with bypass valves in case something leaks or for when you need to service the softener/change the filters.
Attached Images

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
Closed Thread