and the oil to gas conversions stop... - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ShtRnsdownhill

Old 05-22-2019, 08:46 AM   #1

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default and the oil to gas conversions stop...

as the state and national grid fight it out...I bet this puts a big dent in some plumbing companies pocket...

A Message from John Bruckner, National Grid NY President

Applications for new and expanded firm natural gas service are ON HOLD for Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island
As a result of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) recent decision to deny “without prejudice” a water permit for Williams’ Northeast Supply Enhancement (NESE) project, which would help to relieve gas supply constraints in the area, National Grid has stopped processing all applications for new or expanded gas service in Brooklyn, Queens and on Long Island.

We anticipate having more information on the status of the NESE permitting process by the end of June for all approvals including environmental permits required from New Jersey. And, we remain cautiously optimistic that the project will proceed on schedule and be in service for Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island customers by the winter of 20/21.

While we continue to receive applications for new and expanded firm natural gas service from residential, commercial and industrial customers, none will be processed until the permits are received and the project is allowed to proceed. Only at that time National Grid will resume processing all requests for new and expanded firm gas service in the order that they have been received. Our Staten Island service area is not impacted by this project.

While we continue to support the region’s renewable energy and carbon reduction goals and are committed to advancing new technologies and non-pipe alternatives, there are no viable options for additional gas delivery infrastructure that can be developed, permitted and approved in a timely manner.

We will continue to work with Williams and all parties to move this project forward and will keep you apprised. And, the opportunity is still available to make your views known by going directly to the Take Action Page to voice your support for this critical energy project.

Thank you for all your attention to this important matter.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2019, 10:29 PM   #2

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Gas is convenient but When you live in a big stone/brick building I feel like oil is the way to go. Mind you I don't normally do heating work and I know gas can be much more efficient but as someone who works in old houses with oil fired steam boilers it just FEELS right.

Many of the schools we service have switched their boilers from oil to gas. It's more reliable and cheaper but often the max btu's go down if I remember correctly. Mind you if it means I don't have to crawl inside a boiler to clean out oil soot I am all for it!!!

Old 05-22-2019, 11:24 PM   #3

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
Gas is convenient but When you live in a big stone/brick building I feel like oil is the way to go. Mind you I don't normally do heating work and I know gas can be much more efficient but as someone who works in old houses with oil fired steam boilers it just FEELS right.

Many of the schools we service have switched their boilers from oil to gas. It's more reliable and cheaper but often the max btu's go down if I remember correctly. Mind you if it means I don't have to crawl inside a boiler to clean out oil soot I am all for it!!!

its just like a pound of bricks or a pound of feathers..its all the same...if a boiler is rated a certain btu it doesnt matter oil or gas, the same heat is coming out...a big stone house should have a nice big wood stove..now wood heat makes all the difference..
dhal22 and skoronesa like this.