New business plan - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By 89plumbum
  • 1 Post By Tango
  • 1 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 1 Post By MACPLUMB777
  • 1 Post By OpenSights

Old 01-02-2019, 02:46 PM   #1

View 89plumbum's Photo Album My Photos
Default New business plan

It’s a bit of reading, but quite interesting. Click on the link and let me know what you think?
http://ithoughtso.net/id16.html
89plumbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2019, 03:10 PM   #2
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Bravo, that sums it up for a lot of them!
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #3

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

sadly thats how many businesses make good money.....and for long periods of time...
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2019, 09:19 PM   #4
Super Moderator

View MACPLUMB777's Photo Album My Photos

Sadly that is the basis of R.R. Corp.
but the stock holders get their dividends
Mikeob1998 likes this.
[email protected]
MACPLUMB777 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MACPLUMB777 For This Useful Post:
Mikeob1998 (01-02-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 02:40 PM   #5

View acesfour's Photo Album My Photos

Not an unknown model for a plumbing company unfortunately. The good news is that it is becoming harder and harder to pull off this model. Customer reviews on Facebook, Google, and Yelp are punching through and giving potential customers insight into companies with these shady tactics. At Aces, where we rely on customer satisfaction and customer referrals, we love 3rd party reviews.

Thanks for sharing this but I think it is slowly going the way of the dinosaur...as least I hope it is!

Tracy
Aces Four Construction of Seattle
acesfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:12 PM   #6
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

That is the almost exact business model to the letter of the first company I worked for. Only difference is I had to use my own truck, my own tools, my own gas, use my own cell phone (or use the customer’s phone or a pay phone), and rent the machines and pager from the company. Six days on (two of which, back to back 24hr on call) then two days off. If you got a back call, they offer it to you to do for free, of course, or send someone else and charge you $65/hr. This rule even applied for your days off. After two weeks at minimum wage training, you were sent out on your own.

We got two checks. One for 10% tax free (for tools/gas/ vehicle use for schl c)and a ladder of commission depending on how much you made during each day starting at 15% to 24% on labor.

There were weeks I made bank! There were weeks I made enough for gas and a hot dog a day. I had become known as someone who could fix anything so I got more jobs and fixing other’s back calls. Thinking back, knowing what I know now.... I’m extremely embarrassed about my hack master work!

Finally decided to move on when I made $1.41 after gas one day. That company made me want to never work in the plumbing trade ever again!
Tango likes this.
OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OpenSights For This Useful Post:
Tango (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 07:01 PM   #7
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesfour View Post
Not an unknown model for a plumbing company unfortunately. The good news is that it is becoming harder and harder to pull off this model. Customer reviews on Facebook, Google, and Yelp are punching through and giving potential customers insight into companies with these shady tactics. At Aces, where we rely on customer satisfaction and customer referrals, we love 3rd party reviews.

Thanks for sharing this but I think it is slowly going the way of the dinosaur...as least I hope it is!

Tracy
Aces Four Construction of Seattle
I don't think so, the biggest plumbing company in town gets most of the calls even if they have bad reviews and unhappy customers. They get most of the jobs because they are on top of the ads. I've had 7% of all my customers this year who hired them previously got really crappy service, backwards installs that had sewer back up and flood and ruin complete basements with raw sewage. Just today, they played the repipe con to the street game to this old man and improperly piped inside the house and exposing him with future sewer backups. Guess what, those customers didn't leave a bad review!

You know what else, they just bought a bigger shop to accomodate more employees, more trucks and more profit.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote