My van was broken into last night - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Like Tree127Likes

Old 03-06-2018, 06:26 PM   #1

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos
Default My van was broken into last night

I walked out this morning and found my side door open. I looked inside and all my tools were in there. The only thing missing was my oxy/acetylene torches and my fresh tube of silver solder. My tool bag was a foot away from the torches and my Milwaukee 18v set was right next to that. Cops think it must've been a guy on a bike that couldn't carry much.
Attached Thumbnails
My van was broken into last night-img_5942.jpg  

Debo22 is online now   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2018, 06:28 PM   #2

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos

Time for hockey puck locks
Attached Thumbnails
My van was broken into last night-img_5944.jpg  

Debo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:34 PM   #3
3rd year apprentice

View goeswiththeflow's Photo Album My Photos

That sucks man. I've been there. I never realized what they meant when they say that you feel violated, until then. My advice is to set up a security camera. In my experience they'll be back.
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2018, 07:05 PM   #4
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

I feel your pain, that really makes someone angry. It's a coincidence but I dreamed last night that my garage full of tools were burglarized.

At least he didn't take everything. If you want I'll take pictures of my anti theft setup. Home made but way better than anything on the market.

Don't go with hockey puck lock, the locks will seize in rust and so easy to open with a bump key or rake.

I have chamberlain motion sensors on each side of the truck with a chime in my bedroom. I have one in a tree and the other hidden close to the BBQ. If there's too much people around you could put the motion sensor inside the truck. They are wonderful I know when my mail is delivered because the woman passes the sensor.

What the heck I'm out to take pictures for you.
Debo22 and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Tango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:07 PM   #5

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

I feel bad for you Debo.

You'll bounce right back.
Debo22 and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:30 PM   #6
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeswiththeflow View Post
That sucks man. I've been there. I never realized what they meant when they say that you feel violated, until then. My advice is to set up a security camera. In my experience they'll be back.
Cameras aren't the solution because you will only see the culprit with a hoodie after the burglary, by then your stuff is gone and you won't see his face. The proper way is prevention. The more hurdles he has he'll try another van. the grill in the windows are not great either and someone can also see whats inside.

What I like about my setup is that even if there isn't a lock in the hasp you don't know if there is a lock are not. The cover protects from bolt cutters and also grinders unless you want to spent 30 minutes at it. The cover protect against freezing rain. My locks are abloy pick proof too.

I wish you well Debo!

Tango is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tango For This Useful Post:
89plumbum (03-07-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 08:11 PM   #7
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

My previous Master went to a midnight main line on New Years in college town years ago. Loaded the machine when he was done, left the door to the cube open while he went to get the rest of his stuff, came back about 2 minuets later to find his toolbox gone. That was the first year he was on his own.

Sorry to hear, but you lucked out!
Debo22 likes this.
OpenSights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:50 PM   #8

View 89plumbum's Photo Album My Photos

Sorry to hear that Debo. Last year I walked out to my truck to go to work and saw the door wide open. My heart sank. Didn't even want to look inside. Then I realized I just had a senior moment and left it open.
Debo22, OpenSights and MACPLUMB777 like this.
89plumbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:58 PM   #9

View chonkie's Photo Album My Photos

That sucks. You should set it up so they try again. Wait in the bushes to introduce them to whatever you are allowed to protect your property with in CA.
Debo22, skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
chonkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:23 PM   #10
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by chonkie View Post
That sucks. You should set it up so they try again. Wait in the bushes to introduce them to whatever you are allowed to protect your property with in CA.
That would be a whistle. Maybe a strobing flashlight might fly in front of a pro flashlight judge.
OpenSights is offline   Reply With Quote