Interested in your local water quality? - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Plumbus
  • 2 Post By Master Mark
  • 1 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 1 Post By Master Mark
  • 1 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
Unread 01-24-2020, 06:47 AM   #1

View Plumbus's Photo Album My Photos
Default Interested in your local water quality?

https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/?
ShtRnsdownhill likes this.
Plumbus is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Plumbus For This Useful Post:
MACPLUMB777 (01-24-2020)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #2
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos

that is great, they appear to want 15 bucks to tell you how crappy your water is....

no thank you

skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2020, 03:52 PM   #3

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mark View Post
that is great, they appear to want 15 bucks to tell you how crappy your water is....

no thank you

I put my zip code in and got a water report..nothing stellar , just a simple report of what chemical or minerals were above guidelines....
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2020, 04:32 PM   #4
Super Moderator

View MACPLUMB777's Photo Album My Photos
Talking

SAME HERE ZIP THEN REPORT
[email protected]
MACPLUMB777 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MACPLUMB777 For This Useful Post:
Master Mark (Yesterday)
Unread Yesterday, 04:34 PM   #5
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos

This is my mistake .....

I also got my report for the indiananpolis water...

looks like every cancer causing chemical and other nasty stuff is in our drinking water---

very glad I threw in a activated carbon filter in my house a few years back....

I am gonna throw this link on my face book page to show people how nasty the water is in the 46203 zip code....

MACPLUMB777 likes this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #6

in the end, its just a website to sell water filters..if you notice non of the contaminants the website finds are over the federal limit and some have no limit, so I say you may get a water report but so far non of the areas goes above any safe limits...but they try and scare you into getting an expensive water filter...
OpenSights likes this.
Unread Today, 03:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
in the end, its just a website to sell water filters..if you notice non of the contaminants the website finds are over the federal limit and some have no limit, so I say you may get a water report but so far non of the areas goes above any safe limits...but they try and scare you into getting an expensive water filter...
For the general public this site might be of mixed value. But, for a population of plumbers, it can be of value. As most of you know, this information is required by the federal government to be available to any interested person from local water agencies. However, this format is a pretty easy resource to navigate quickly.
Unread Today, 09:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbus View Post
For the general public this site might be of mixed value. But, for a population of plumbers, it can be of value. As most of you know, this information is required by the federal government to be available to any interested person from local water agencies. However, this format is a pretty easy resource to navigate quickly.

true, but where is this website getting their info? how correct is it? they are a private entity selling water filters, so they have a claim of their own on what levels are better than what the government has as limits, so the website is misleading from the start..
but if you want to sell water filters to your customers it works for the plumber that way...
if you get a smart customer they may be ticked that you sent them to a website claiming their drinking water is contaminated , then they call and scream at water company that now sends them their water quality specs that all meet federal standards and now your credibility is shot in the eyes of your customer....
after a little research this EWG is a left leaning non profit( that sells merchandise to make money)organization, and many of their claims have no backing, take a read through this link on them....
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...OwNxjHTCfh9p8j

personally I wouldnt recommend the EWG website to customers and if someone did I would attach a warning tag as it is not an official website for water quality and to contact your local water supply for any quality test paperwork..
they are the cnn of water quality reporting places...
Unread Today, 10:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
true, but where is this website getting their info? how correct is it? they are a private entity selling water filters, so they have a claim of their own on what levels are better than what the government has as limits, so the website is misleading from the start..
but if you want to sell water filters to your customers it works for the plumber that way...
Their info is a starting point. Like I said, water quality information is available from the provider and can (and should) be consulted to confirm the veracity of the information
if you get a smart customer they may be ticked that you sent them to a website claiming their drinking water is contaminated , then they call and scream at water company that now sends them their water quality specs that all meet federal standards and now your credibility is shot in the eyes of your customer....
after a little research this EWG is a left leaning non profit( that sells merchandise to make money)organization, and many of their claims have no backing, take a read through this link on them....
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...OwNxjHTCfh9p8j

personally I wouldnt recommend the EWG website to customers and if someone did I would attach a warning tag as it is not an official website for water quality and to contact your local water supply for any quality test paperwork..
they are the cnn of water quality reporting places...
As I stated in the quoted post, it's not for the customer, it's for the professional (as a point of reference).