Home Warranty work Yes or No - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Old 01-13-2016, 07:52 PM   #1
Jnaas2

View jnaas2's Photo Album My Photos
Default Home Warranty work Yes or No

Anybody doing any work for any of the Home warranty companies out there that get New homeowners to buy this from them claiming the will fix any issues when they purchase a House, And if You do what are Your thoughts.

The reason I ask is I had 1 contact Me to do there work around here and I gave them some info about My Company, Years in business, Number trucks, Phone number etc etc, Nothing important and they e-mail Me there contract and of course its stacked in there favor. So I research them on line and its not good, BBB gives them a F rating, Numerous contractors not paid andin one state there contracting license was pulled and they were fined 20,000.$ One way they get around it is to start sending You work before all the paper work is done, then when You try to get paid that's there excuse not to pay and Yes it says in the contract that they will not Pay

After finding this out I never filled out the paper work because I wanted nothing to do with them, After a Month of them trying to e-mail jobs to Me they finally call and I told them what I had found out about them and I didn't want to do any work for them. You would think that's the end of the story but this week I get 2 phone calls from the customers themselves, This company gave them My number, So this lady starts chewing on Me from the start so I tell her the warranty company wont cover it because its could be a maintenance issue, which they don't cover and she goes ballistic on Me so I told here to call someone else.
Lets see if this is the END
jnaas2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2016, 07:57 PM   #2

View plungerboy's Photo Album My Photos

Don't do it.
plungerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:01 PM   #3
Certified Lunatic

View Redwood's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to Redwood

Friends don't let friends do work for Home Warranty Companies...

Just Say No!
~Nancy Reagan~

Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Redwood For This Useful Post:
mtfallsmikey (01-25-2016), Roto-Rooter (01-14-2016), sparky (01-31-2016), TallCoolOne (01-14-2016), tims007 (01-29-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2016, 09:04 PM   #4

View dclarke's Photo Album My Photos

Unfortunately the company I'm at does work for them. The little bit I've done I hate and would stay away. If I were starting my own company today and didn't have a single customer lined up I wouldn't work for them.
dclarke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dclarke For This Useful Post:
Roto-Rooter (01-14-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 09:10 PM   #5

View SchmitzPlumbing's Photo Album My Photos

i did a job with hsa home warranty through the home owner. 1928 home all original and perfect. except for the plumbing. pedestal faucet started leaking underneath. angle stops dont hold. drain in wall is rotten. not good. i documented everything and spent over 40 hours on the phone. they approved and then denied once the work was done. its a 5 page story if i feel like typing it. lost my ass. dont do it. bent over backwords for the h.o. the next job was for them to fix the rest out of pocket. i have not gotten paid for that one either. run run run
SchmitzPlumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SchmitzPlumbing For This Useful Post:
plumberkc (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 09:14 PM   #6

View dclarke's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmitzPlumbing View Post
i did a job with hsa home warranty through the home owner. 1928 home all original and perfect. except for the plumbing. pedestal faucet started leaking underneath. angle stops dont hold. drain in wall is rotten. not good. i documented everything and spent over 40 hours on the phone. they approved and then denied once the work was done. its a 5 page story if i feel like typing it. lost my ass. dont do it. bent over backwords for the h.o. the next job was for them to fix the rest out of pocket. i have not gotten paid for that one either. run run run
It sucks so bad you can't get away with popping a clean out and dumping a bag of quickcrete in when someone gives you the shaft.
dclarke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dclarke For This Useful Post:
SchmitzPlumbing (01-13-2016), skoronesa (03-13-2016), sparky (01-31-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 10:00 PM   #7
Jnaas2

View jnaas2's Photo Album My Photos

Thanks for the info, That little voice was talking to Me saying don't work for this company but I wanted to get some other opinions, The older You get the more voices You hear and sometimes its hard to pick which one to listen to
jnaas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:18 PM   #8

View SchmitzPlumbing's Photo Album My Photos

if they are so good, we would all have them contracted and you would be calling them to try to get in. there is a reason they are calling contractors...
SchmitzPlumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SchmitzPlumbing For This Useful Post:
Redwood (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 10:31 PM   #9
Certified Lunatic

View Redwood's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to Redwood

Generally they place you in a bad spot to begin with...

The "Home Warranty" is often offered by the realtor or seller to the homebuyer "Free" as part of the "Deal" and we know "Nothing is Free" but this Warranty sure doesn't cost much...

Really it is insurance and insurance companies never lose money...

Now the problem starts when the homeowner finds things that need repairs of course the "Home Inspector" missed them so they are not documented and the Realtor says, "Don't worry about it... You have a Home Warranty."

Now you get called and are placed directly in the middle of a new home buyer that has a problem they want fixed and they know their "Home Warranty" will take care of it...

And on the other side of you is a "Home Warranty" company that is denying the claim...

Somebody had better make this customer happy or the fur is going to fly...

And guess what...

Neither the realtor nor the home warranty company is going to do it...

That leaves some poor sucker in the middle and he doesn't have a chance of being paid for the work...

Catch my drift here?

Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redwood For This Useful Post:
Ghostmaker (01-18-2016), mtfallsmikey (01-25-2016), Roto-Rooter (01-17-2016), SchmitzPlumbing (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 10:44 PM   #10

View sierra2000's Photo Album My Photos

Where's Plumber? I bet he'll work for them.
Redwood (01-13-2016), Roto-Rooter (01-17-2016), SchmitzPlumbing (01-13-2016)