this guy needs to run for office....mike rowe.. - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Like Tree35Likes

Old 05-22-2020, 08:42 PM   #1

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default this guy needs to run for office....mike rowe..

skoronesa (05-22-2020)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2020, 09:04 PM   #2
canuckPlumBbob

View canuck92's Photo Album My Photos

Hes a good speaker,
I use to watch his show, realized i was intrested in doing what most people didnt want to do.
canuck92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:24 PM   #3
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

She's making 6 figures? Something is real fishy, only way I can see that is if she's working on some pipeline or big industrial project with overtime and bonuses working 70+ hours a week. Subtract taxes and fees and shes making 45K in her pocket. Those big project s are usually a few months then no work for several more months and have to travel all over the country living in suitcases.

Work that many hours and the wife will take off with the kids and deplete your bank account and also your old age pension fund. I've seen 65-70 year old guys back on the job almost penniless because they legally took it all.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2020, 10:41 PM   #4

View V.A Hydro-ooter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
She's making 6 figures? Something is real fishy, only way I can see that is if she's working on some pipeline or big industrial project with overtime and bonuses working 70+ hours a week. Subtract taxes and fees and shes making 45K in her pocket. Those big project s are usually a few months then no work for several more months and have to travel all over the country living in suitcases.

Work that many hours and the wife will take off with the kids and deplete your bank account and also your old age pension fund. I've seen 65-70 year old guys back on the job almost penniless because they legally took it all.
Or maybe she lives in an area that pays well but also has a higher cost of living. I know a few welders who make close to and just over 6 figures and work 9-5 and maybe the occasional Saturday. Heck, I was making 6 figures plus benefits working 4 days a week at roto. After taxes we cleared much less of course.
Like others have told you, come on down to the states or move out of that overregulated area you live in. You'll have your Ferrari much sooner. I chose to have kids so no Ferrari for me.
V.A Hydro-ooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:44 PM   #5
canuckPlumBbob

View canuck92's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

Every tradesman i know is the average middle class wage.
Iv heard the skill trade adocates toss around large salary numbers elsewhere also. Thos jobs are far an few between.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
canuck92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:58 PM   #6
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.A Hydro-ooter View Post
You'll have your Ferrari much sooner. I chose to have kids so no Ferrari for me.

Talking about cars, I saw for the first time an orange Maclaren 600LT across the stop light. It was nice, very nice. Too bad it was dark and I couldn't follow it. However I wouldn't want one for the reputation they have.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:30 PM   #7

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.A Hydro-ooter View Post
Or maybe she lives in an area that pays well but also has a higher cost of living.

Judging by the huge slightly curved panel I am going to guess ship builder?

MACPLUMB777 likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:51 AM   #8

Quote:

she dont live in commy canada, 6 figures for a good welder in the USA is more than common...
skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:27 PM   #9

View ken53's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
she dont live in commy canada, 6 figures for a good welder in the USA is more than common...
In western Canada, it's not on common for good construction welders to make 180,000.00 to 240,000.00 a year on projects.

Some on pipeline some on refinery jobs.

Some supply their own rigs.

The fewer hours they work the less they make. But I haven't heard of one making less than 100,000.00 a year.

If they don't work under CLAC, "Christian Labour Association of Canada."

If your in CLAC most times your better off not working union.

ken53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken53 View Post
In western Canada, it's not on common for good construction welders to make 180,000.00 to 240,000.00 a year on projects.

Some on pipeline some on refinery jobs.

Some supply their own rigs.

The fewer hours they work the less they make. But I haven't heard of one making less than 100,000.00 a year.

If they don't work under CLAC, "Christian Labour Association of Canada."

If your in CLAC most times your better off not working union.

im not the one that stated welders in canada dont make good money..it was YOUR fellow counrtymen that did...I would imagine quality skilled workers make good money in any country...
skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.