First commercial restaurant bid! Any help? - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Old 07-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #1

View Stmattplumber's Photo Album My Photos
Default First commercial restaurant bid! Any help?

Hey fellow PZers...

I am putting together a bid for a restaurant chain. While we have done commercial work, we have never actually bid a build-out from ground up of a chain restaurant and I was hoping to get some help.

Does anyone have an example or template they have used in the past that I could see? Black out the numbers if need be...I am just looking for a format.

Thanks!
Stmattplumber is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #2

View Pacificpipes's Photo Album My Photos

Don't forget to add free tacos for a year in the fine print
Pacificpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #3

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

Study the print and the side notes on the print very well. A buddy of mine bid a commercial job and to his surprise he was supposed to provide and install an emergency eyewash station. Need I say that he never knew that when he was bidding since he didn't do his due diligence.
mccmech (07-09-2015), Stmattplumber (07-13-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2015, 10:08 PM   #4

View evilcyrus's Photo Album My Photos

Red highlighter blue highliger , yellow highliger .... Go thru drawing n on a pad of paper do you take off... N read fine prints , note your sizes ... Thats what ive been taught n how i do it .... Or just count fixtures and then X that buy a number add a percent bam quote in 5 mins
evilcyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:02 PM   #5

View Plumbus's Photo Album My Photos

Because restaurants have a lot of equipment that is supplied by others, carefully read the schedule to verify which ones get waste, water or gas. Even with detailed plumbing drawings many of the little details are left out (mostly because there isn't enough room on the page to fit them all in). But, if it's in the schedule, it's your responsibility. You are bound to miss something on your first one (and probably get the job because of it). File your misses under tuition and note each one so you don't make them next time.
Plumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plumbus For This Useful Post:
mccmech (07-09-2015), Stmattplumber (07-13-2015)
Old 07-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #6

View bct p&h's Photo Album My Photos

Make sure your bid says something along the lines of your price being per spec of engineer and does not include any extras requested by the local plumbing inspector, water department or board of health.
Town bylaws will screw you every time. If they want a back flow preventer on the dishwasher you're looking at an extra $6-700 for one that can handle the temperature, watts 909. I don't care what watts says, a 009 will not handle temps above 100 degrees. If they want a stainless back flow on the soda you're looking at around $1,000 there. I've had health departments add hand sinks because the one on the print was too far away from the prep stations.
Aside from that, know your code. These architects and engineers these days suck. A lot of kitchen equipment has to be indirect drains but the print will show them tied in direct. If there is an outdoor grease interceptor, make sure you pipe it correctly.
bct p&h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bct p&h For This Useful Post:
Master Mark (07-13-2015), mccmech (07-09-2015), Plumbus (07-11-2015), Steveking (07-09-2015), Stmattplumber (07-13-2015), Tommy plumber (07-10-2015)
Old 07-09-2015, 06:55 PM   #7

View mccmech's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacificpipes
Don't forget to add free tacos for a year in the fine print
Should he specify type of taco, and quantity to be provided each visit? This will be a legally binding document after all. ;-) ;-)
Old 07-11-2015, 10:53 AM   #8

View heaan's Photo Album My Photos

Ive done about 30 taco bells over the years. I love how the big wigs allways bring mcdonalds food out to the construction workers as a treat
heaan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to heaan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2015, 03:10 PM   #9

View bct p&h's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaan View Post
Ive done about 30 taco bells over the years. I love how the big wigs allways bring mcdonalds food out to the construction workers as a treat
I've done more McDonald's than I can count and the big wigs never brought anything to the site. Not that I would consider either one to be a "treat".
bct p&h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bct p&h For This Useful Post:
plumberkc (07-13-2015)
Old 07-11-2015, 09:03 PM   #10

View Plumbus's Photo Album My Photos

I've done a few restaurants that had a party for the construction workers before the opening. They got a dry run and we got a nice meal.
Plumbus is offline   Reply With Quote