Complaints on cost - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-30-2015, 08:05 PM   #1

View plumbob2008's Photo Album My Photos
Default Complaints on cost

Has a plumber I get so tired of people saying we are way to expensive do people stop to think what it cost to run a business in this day and time
mtfallsmikey and Spacepirate like this.
plumbob2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plumbob2008 For This Useful Post:

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2015, 08:10 PM   #2

View Workhorseplmg's Photo Album My Photos

It's pretty rare that I hear I'm too high, but when I do I just tell them there are other plumbers and they don't have to hire me.
JohnnieSqueeze likes this.
Workhorseplmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:34 PM   #3

View plumbob2008's Photo Album My Photos

I try to tell people you get what you pay for
plumbob2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plumbob2008 For This Useful Post:
KoleckeINC (08-30-2015), OpenSights (08-30-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2015, 10:31 PM   #4
3%'er

View BOBBYTUCSON's Photo Album My Photos

i tell people this : our country is short on skilled labor. kids and kids parents dont value or see importance in the trades anymore , and persue other futures. therefor , every passing year , there is less and less plumbers, electricians, carpenters ect ect , so we have become a commodity. my prices are very competitive , and are very comparable to the other trustworthy plumbers out there , just like auto shops are priced comparable to one and the next, they all use software pricing. but with me , you know you have someone you can trust , and craftmanship. so since you dialed my number , you have me. its up to you to venture other options and take the risk to try and get equal or better results. but ill be happy to be your trusted tradesman of choice and keep our relationship if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns_TPS View Post
Apple will never have an app for what we do. iPlunger?
BOBBYTUCSON is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BOBBYTUCSON For This Useful Post:
brass plumbing (09-08-2015), Cajunhiker (08-31-2015), dhal22 (09-02-2015), GAN (09-01-2015), Gargalaxy (08-31-2015), Johnny Canuck (08-31-2015), Master Mark (08-31-2015), Phat Cat (09-07-2015), Plumbergeek (09-02-2015), plumbob2008 (08-30-2015), Triodaddyo (09-14-2015), wharfrat (08-31-2015), Zombie808 (09-14-2015)
Old 08-30-2015, 10:52 PM   #5
TECH of the year 2012!!

View Plumbbum0203's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBYTUCSON View Post
i tell people this : our country is short on skilled labor. kids and kids parents dont value or see importance in the trades anymore , and persue other futures. therefor , every passing year , there is less and less plumbers, electricians, carpenters ect ect , so we have become a commodity. my prices are very competitive , and are very comparable to the other trustworthy plumbers out there , just like auto shops are priced comparable to one and the next, they all use software pricing. but with me , you know you have someone you can trust , and craftmanship. so since you dialed my number , you have me. its up to you to venture other options and take the risk to try and get equal or better results. but ill be happy to be your trusted tradesman of choice and keep our relationship if you like.

Well said
Old 08-31-2015, 05:23 AM   #6
Certified Lunatic

View Redwood's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to Redwood

Raise your prices higher...

That way you don't have to see as many of them...

Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Redwood For This Useful Post:
brass plumbing (09-08-2015), Cajunhiker (08-31-2015), dhal22 (09-02-2015), Gargalaxy (02-27-2018), jnohs (04-05-2018), Johnny Canuck (08-31-2015), KoleckeINC (08-31-2015), Phat Cat (09-07-2015), Unclog1776 (08-31-2015)
Old 08-31-2015, 07:56 AM   #7
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBYTUCSON View Post

I totally agree with you about being less skilled people out in the field and word of mouth and reviews will be the only way for folks to know whom to call for good work...

its gonna be fun place to live some day soon when everyone wants to
work in front of a computer and all other jobs are going to be beneath them .... getting their hands dirty will be a disgrace and they wont do it unless they are paid more and more...

So, What do you think will happen when everyone who does all the dirty work refuses to do that work any longer???

The first thing that goes down is attempting to raise the min wage to 15 dollars an hour.....that is gonna work out great.....

The second thing is plumbers and others will raise their prices because no one is willing to learn the trade any longer and their will be a shortage of people willing to touch a shovel////

and now to top it off they want to deport all the illegal mexicans too..
and they are about the only people left willing to actually do any real work.....

gonna be interesting to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Master Mark For This Useful Post:
plumberkc (08-31-2015)
Old 08-31-2015, 09:07 AM   #8
Master Plumber

View plumberkc's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mark
I totally agree with you about being less skilled people out in the field and word of mouth and reviews will be the only way for folks to know whom to call for good work... its gonna be fun place to live some day soon when everyone wants to work in front of a computer and all other jobs are going to be beneath them .... getting their hands dirty will be a disgrace and they wont do it unless they are paid more and more... So, What do you think will happen when everyone who does all the dirty work refuses to do that work any longer??? The first thing that goes down is attempting to raise the min wage to 15 dollars an hour.....that is gonna work out great..... The second thing is plumbers and others will raise their prices because no one is willing to learn the trade any longer and their will be a shortage of people willing to touch a shovel//// and now to top it off they want to deport all the illegal mexicans too.. and they are about the only people left willing to actually do any real work..... gonna be interesting to watch
I think that most of that is already happening.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
plumberkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:56 AM   #9

View Johnny Canuck's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mark View Post

I totally agree with you about being less skilled people out in the field and word of mouth and reviews will be the only way for folks to know whom to call for good work...

its gonna be fun place to live some day soon when everyone wants to
work in front of a computer and all other jobs are going to be beneath them .... getting their hands dirty will be a disgrace and they wont do it unless they are paid more and more...

So, What do you think will happen when everyone who does all the dirty work refuses to do that work any longer???

The first thing that goes down is attempting to raise the min wage to 15 dollars an hour.....that is gonna work out great.....

The second thing is plumbers and others will raise their prices because no one is willing to learn the trade any longer and their will be a shortage of people willing to touch a shovel////

and now to top it off they want to deport all the illegal mexicans too..
and they are about the only people left willing to actually do any real work.....

gonna be interesting to watch

Apple will never have an app for what we do. iPlunger?
Johnny Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Canuck For This Useful Post:
brass plumbing (09-08-2015)
Old 08-31-2015, 11:05 AM   #10

View Pacificpipes's Photo Album My Photos

Most customers are happy to pay my rates. Some get mad because the price vs the 10 min the repair takes. I tell them they are many factors that determine my price. They don't think about the time to get there or get material. Some people get mad because they feel you shouldn't get paid more than them. I had a doctor why I was trying to charge his same hourly rate when I'm just a plumber. I said is my training and services any less important than yours? I didn't get that job.
MACPLUMB777, Tango and Spacepirate like this.
Pacificpipes is offline   Reply With Quote