Scrolling ad issue. - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Forum Support > Site Help and Suggestions

Like Tree14Likes

Old 10-02-2018, 02:16 PM   #1

View chonkie's Photo Album My Photos
Default Scrolling ad issue.

Really?!? Um, this ad does not show the remaining posts after you scroll. And when are plumbers dealing with electrical panels?
Attached Thumbnails
Scrolling ad issue.-screenshot_20181002-131041_samsung-internet.jpg  

Scrolling ad issue.-screenshot_20181002-131051_samsung-internet.jpg  

chonkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #2

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

I dont get any of that junk I have several add blockers, only issue is that some websights block access if you block their adds...
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShtRnsdownhill For This Useful Post:
Tommy plumber (12-12-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 05:59 PM   #3

I enjoy some ads. I get a bunch of ads from faucet sites and will look around to see what's new or just odd that I haven't seen before.
ShtRnsdownhill likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #4
Administrator

View Cricket's Photo Album My Photos

When reporting forum issues, please include the following information.
  • What device are you using to access the site? Computer? Tablet? Phone?
  • Are you accessing the full site? Using Tapatalk or Mobile View?
  • Which operating system are you using? (Windows 10, etc.)
  • Which browser are you using? (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE, etc.)
  • Have you already tried clearing your cookies/cache?
Old 10-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #5

Sorry, always forget to include that info.

Using my phone, Samsung Galaxy S7 Active. Latest updated android os. Full site through the icon on my screen that says Internet, it's just the stock Galaxy internet browser. I haven't cleared cookies/cache in awhile, I'll do that.

If you think getting Chrome or one of the other ones would be better then I guess I'll try one out, just don't know which would be best to use.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:33 PM   #6

View Alan's Photo Album My Photos

I rarely ever use my phone to view this site. There are some buggy things, the layout feels really clunky, and if I've only got a phone it's likely that I don't even need to be on here anyway.

I've used chrome in the past without the ad issue.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
, and if I've only got a phone it's likely that I don't even need to be on here anyway.
Why is that?

I use my phone because I hate computers, I don't own a current model. My last computer was a $3k purchase from Gateway, when they had a brick & mortar store! That was easily over 15 years ago. I hate dealing with computers but know I need to learn them. I have been researching building one, mainly for gaming, but going to also plan for doing other things with it.

That's going to happen fairly soon, as soon as I pull the trigger on buying a gpu if I can find a decent deal.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chonkie View Post
Why is that?

I use my phone because I hate computers, I don't own a current model. My last computer was a $3k purchase from Gateway, when they had a brick & mortar store! That was easily over 15 years ago. I hate dealing with computers but know I need to learn them. I have been researching building one, mainly for gaming, but going to also plan for doing other things with it.

That's going to happen fairly soon, as soon as I pull the trigger on buying a gpu if I can find a decent deal.
I've been building my own for the last 15 years or so now. I usually get a year or two old technology and sink about 400-500 into the machine.

The GPU is going to be the tough part due to all the stupid bitcoin mining that's going on. I was looking at upgrading mine, but I wasn't spending 500+ on a 3 year old card.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:09 PM   #9

First time for me, looking to stay in a reasonable amount close to that. Hardest part has been deciphering the differences between manufacturers. Heck, even within the same manufacturer they'll have many different items of basically the same thing and the price will be the same or like $20 more. Since i don't really know 100% everything i will end up doing with the computer, kinda hard knowing what is important or not. Also having to look up lingo that gets thrown around by the tech channels I've watched has been a hoot.

Since I don't need the best of the best, and for possible upgrade in prob 2yrs, I'm going with a Ryzen 5 2600 and decided to go AMD with the gpu, considering I'm not a 4k gamer that needs 200fps and is willing to shell out way too much for Nvidia gpu.

Found a XFX brand Amd RX570 4gb at my local Best Buy for $180 that I'm probably going to get this weekend. Could also get a 8gb RX580 for $250 from there, but i don't think I'll need it.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chonkie View Post
First time for me, looking to stay in a reasonable amount close to that. Hardest part has been deciphering the differences between manufacturers. Heck, even within the same manufacturer they'll have many different items of basically the same thing and the price will be the same or like $20 more. Since i don't really know 100% everything i will end up doing with the computer, kinda hard knowing what is important or not. Also having to look up lingo that gets thrown around by the tech channels I've watched has been a hoot.

Since I don't need the best of the best, and for possible upgrade in prob 2yrs, I'm going with a Ryzen 5 2600 and decided to go AMD with the gpu, considering I'm not a 4k gamer that needs 200fps and is willing to shell out way too much for Nvidia gpu.

Found a XFX brand Amd RX570 4gb at my local Best Buy for $180 that I'm probably going to get this weekend. Could also get a 8gb RX580 for $250 from there, but i don't think I'll need it.
Yeah there are a lot of brands out there, and a lot of junk.

I've had the best luck over the years with ASUS motherboards. I've had one failure, and i got it RMA'ed. The rest were just pitched or sold because of upgrades. I've never bought anything other than Kingston ram and never had a failure there either.

If you can afford it, the best upgrade i've ever made is an SSD hard drive. It was a night and day difference as far as program loading times go.

I'm currently running an XFX branded geforce GPU, and have no complaints other than it's old. :P

Mine is a samsung EVO but only 250GB. It's always on the full side, so I have to constantly rearrange what I have installed. I'd love a bigger one or a second one, but can't afford to do so right now.

Have you checked local ads? Loads of people giving away PC's for pennies on the dollar. I found one that will run fortnite for my kid for 50 bucks. You can hardly buy a pc case with power supply for that amount of money.

www.pricewatch.com is a great place to compare prices on some of this stuff, although I usually find that it's less headache if I just get everything from newegg.