Weekend can't come fast enough. - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By The Dane
  • 1 Post By Tango
  • 2 Post By The Dane
  • 2 Post By Tommy plumber
  • 2 Post By The Dane

Old 08-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #1

View The Dane's Photo Album My Photos
Default Weekend can't come fast enough.

I'm sitting here in the morning at a tire/auto place waiting for them to fix a tire on my work van that is losing air. The weekend can't come fast enough for me today. This is the third time in 2 weeks that they fix the same leaking tire. First fix held air better but still flat in 2 days, second went back to flat in 1 day and when I just got here today for the third time they were in the middle of trying to fix the WRONG tire

The apprentice that will be with me replacing a tub/shower today is yet again late. We have tried to be nice and give him a chance after he had been in jail and he needs to go to all sorts of appointments during the week. He apparently does not appreciate how good he has it with us and we are tired of it so I think the next guy to walk through the door with a little experience will replace him. I'm also just tired because after work yesterday I went over and did 3.5 hour of work at the fire department I volunteer at. They needed new waterlines run to a new clothe washer. I got home at 10 and in the night my youngest son had trouble sleeping so I was basically up halfway awake from 4 in the morning.

I hope you guys are having a better day.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
GAN, OpenSights, Tango and 1 others like this.
The Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Dane For This Useful Post:
Tommy plumber (08-16-2019)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2019, 03:21 PM   #2
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

Well I have a few soaps to tell from today. Where should I start!!

On my way a flagman who was sitting on the side of the road rushed in the middle of the street to stop 2 lanes of cars and I witnessed live some screeching tires and a car rear ended another and since everyone was going fast it was a close call for the other cars then I saw a tow truck slam on the brakes and try to veer off the road not to hit anyone.

The flagman is going to be in big big trouble. I heard an ambulance a minute later down the road.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:26 PM   #3

The weekend sure took a long time coming today. First I got put on a tub/shower replacement remodel with our apprentice and normally the tub is out and all ready for the new one to be installed. On this one we had to take out the old one first and then it turns out the walls are off square. Boss man had told me I would have to bang one wall out a little to make it 60" but he did not realise that the opposite wall was 3/4" off square in those 34" or so. We ended up having to cut the crooked wall down 3/4" to make it close enough to square to work with. We got called over to help out another guy carry in the sewer machine and auger a toilet and such in a small apartment building that might be better off if it burned down. Stack had backed up because of baby wipes and we had to cut my a hole in the cast iron stack to run the drain machine since pulling a toilet would not work because of a straight tee on back to back toilets. Fun times and then as I thought I had gotten my closet auger stuck in a toilet it came flying out and I had this catch if the day on the end.

skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Dane For This Useful Post:
Tommy plumber (08-16-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2019, 08:38 PM   #4

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

"Catch of the day"....LOL.

Did you sit in there and take lunch?....
skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:55 AM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dane View Post
The weekend sure took a long time coming today. First I got put on a tub/shower replacement remodel with our apprentice and normally the tub is out and all ready for the new one to be installed. On this one we had to take out the old one first and then it turns out the walls are off square. Boss man had told me I would have to bang one wall out a little to make it 60" but he did not realise that the opposite wall was 3/4" off square in those 34" or so. We ended up having to cut the crooked wall down 3/4" to make it close enough to square to work with. We got called over to help out another guy carry in the sewer machine and auger a toilet and such in a small apartment building that might be better off if it burned down. Stack had backed up because of baby wipes and we had to cut my a hole in the cast iron stack to run the drain machine since pulling a toilet would not work because of a straight tee on back to back toilets. Fun times and then as I thought I had gotten my closet auger stuck in a toilet it came flying out and I had this catch if the day on the end.

looks like they started to $hit in the bathtub when the bowl filled up, disgusting bathroom, time for a bleach bomb...
MACPLUMB777 (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 10:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
looks like they started to $hit in the bathtub when the bowl filled up, disgusting bathroom, time for a bleach bomb...
With what I saw there I would say skip the bleach and start the bonfire. I thought in the start of the day that it was bad enough I had to work in a basement that strongly smelled like puke. I'm glad that day is over with.