A trip to the ER - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By PLUMBER_BILL
  • 1 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 2 Post By ShtRnsdownhill

Old 10-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #1
The Old (antique) Master

View PLUMBER_BILL's Photo Album My Photos
Default A trip to the ER

Most of friends, trade associates and others nnow that I had a stroke 5-1/2 years ago.
It left me with a walking impairment, I must use a cane. Every once in a while I either trip over the cane or get my feet tangled up and I go down, fall usually I get up and start over.
Two weeks ago it got a bit more serious, I tripped on a parking lot, went down and hit the back of my head on the macadam. That fall caused a call to 911 and a trip by ambulance to the ER.
I was in the ER for a total of 3-1/2 hours, I was given a cat-scan , was looked at by the DR. on duty, a nurse drew some blood fot lab work, all the tests cam back negative and the ER released
me. Why am I saying all this? See the next paragraph!

I am on Medicare and I have a supplemental insurance. Good because the hospital bill came,
for the 3-1/2 hours I was in their care. The total charged was $21,000.00. The insurance paid
$565.00. I was responsible for $79.44 the $20,360.01 balance was forgiven as a contractual allowance. Now suppose I had lousy or no insurance would I have to pay the $21,000.00?

Read this ...
https://billadvocates.com/medical-billing-really-work/
brass plumbing likes this.
A little of this and a little of that
PLUMBER_BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PLUMBER_BILL For This Useful Post:
plumberkc (10-08-2016)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2016, 02:47 PM   #2

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

First, good that you came out ok and no injuries, just tell them your an illegal immigrant and you would have no bill...
fixitright likes this.
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:23 PM   #3
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

My wife was laid off after the tax penalty for no health insurance came out. While we were able to get my kid on the government tit for health insurance, she, however, was denied for Obama care because we couldn't prove our son's annual income (at 6 years old).

I have the VA and kept private insurance as long as it was available and affordable. Now that I have no private insurance I only see a doctor at ready care if I'm on my death bed.

Last time I saw a doctor I was battling a bad respiratory infection for a month and a half. By the time I went to a ready care the doc asked me if I was asthmatic. $400 and a week of some nasty antibiotics I was back to work.
OpenSights is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2016, 08:14 PM   #4

View fixitright's Photo Album My Photos

I lived in Mexico for several years, laugh all you want but their medical ideas blow ours away. Medical Tourism is a term we all should learn.

No medical system is perfect, horror stories everywhere, but theirs works and is affordable.
Until all the huge profits and payoffs to our politicians (lobbying) ours won't change.

Universal Health could work if they let it. Most other 1st world countries have it.

Rant done, sorry
fixitright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:59 PM   #5

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixitright View Post
I lived in Mexico for several years, laugh all you want but their medical ideas blow ours away. Medical Tourism is a term we all should learn.

No medical system is perfect, horror stories everywhere, but theirs works and is affordable.
Until all the huge profits and payoffs to our politicians (lobbying) ours won't change.

Universal Health could work if they let it. Most other 1st world countries have it.

Rant done, sorry
I believe the surgery for fixing an enlarged heart was developed in mexico because the drs here were too afraid of liabilities, then after it was perfected there, the drs here now use it,that goes for most new innovative techniques, other countries are far advanced than we are here, our countrys medical system is a joke..it revolves around how much profit the pharmaceuticals can make..
fixitright and OpenSights like this.
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote