Oak Island Treasure. - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Like Tree24Likes

Old 04-22-2019, 09:13 PM   #1
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default Oak Island Treasure.

Anyone watch the shows Curse of Oak Island? It's an island in Nova Scotia and searchers have been digging for over 200 years. Well 2 brothers and other partners have bought most of the island, invested millions and a lot of years in their search.

This summer they've installed a barrier in the ocean to dig out Smith's cove to see if they could locate the U shaped structure that lay 10 feet under the ocean sea bed.

They finally got the results and it dates back with 99.99% accuracy to the year 1769. They found a slipway also dated to 1770. That makes it almost official that these were depositors and not searchers and that group worked real hard to hide treasure. Imagine installing wooden structures 10 feet under the ocean floor! Amazing!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2019, 02:55 PM   #2

View CT-18's Photo Album My Photos

I have been watching since they started being they are Michigan guys. I wish they would find some gold or something of value. I imagine they also wish they could. They are also dong a spin off on the west-side of Michigan, Lost Civil War gold or something like that.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
CT-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:46 PM   #3
Moderator Wizard

Yep I watched the spin off, the second season is about to begin. However it's unlikely the treasure was truly lost and i'm not really into it.

I've been watching from the beginning too. I think on oak island Samuel Ball might of found something to become the richest man. I also think the money pit is empty with all the prior searches.

This sunday is the season finale and they find a wall. Sadly they'll tease us to wait till next November!

The real fun is finding all the structures underground. Since one of the brothers is probably a millionaire he doesn't need the money. The thrill is trying to look for it and discovering past history.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

I have a love hate relationship with that show. Every episode is 75% repeat and 25% new.... and I’m being generous. The best way to watch it is just the season recap.

What they have found is really interesting, especially when the tests come back, but there is way too much speculation.

I watched the first season of Civil War Gold. Is it getting any better?

One I’m really interested in is WW2 gold. I’ve only been able to catch a couple episodes and for some reason it’s on on demand.
sycamorebob likes this.
OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:12 PM   #5
Moderator Wizard

WWII treasure is tonight. It's pretty meh... They keep finding the symbols and they are probably making the meaning of them as the go. They also look at natural features and make a big deal out of it, like the turtle rock. Come on.
OpenSights and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:54 PM   #6

View chonkie's Photo Album My Photos

I agree with OS. I watched the first season when it first came on. Then got the idea that they are purposely dragging it out to make a longer show.
MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
chonkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:29 PM   #7
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post

I watched the first season of Civil War Gold. Is it getting any better?
That show is really stupid and they try to feed us nonsense as if we were idiots. Take for instance 2 or 3 episodes where they get their family with kids and all to try and dig a train completely buried in the sand on the beach with a few shovels and one pump.

What the F was that!! And like Chonkie said they drag the story for no reason. Lagina is just there to make it for ratings, all he was saying is show me proof to the searchers before I give you my money.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:05 PM   #8
Super Moderator

There’s one out there, can’t remember the title for the live of me... something like Gordon’s Millions or something. Tracking ship wrecks in crystal blue water. I’ve only seen season 2.

Pretty interesting how they track them, how they break apart...
Old 12-19-2019, 11:06 PM   #9

View Logtec's Photo Album My Photos

Looks like these dummies are starting to make some progress. Or is that just TV show hype..
Logtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:14 PM   #10
Super Moderator

IDK, they might be on to something. Found some cool stuff and good questions this season.

Might have some answer by sometime in 2035.
dhal22 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to OpenSights For This Useful Post:
MACPLUMB777 (12-20-2019)