I'm Building A Fence. - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Like Tree66Likes

Old 02-20-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default I'm Building A Fence.

I need to build a sturdy fence that will with stand my lunatic neighbor. So dumb he and his son purposefully destroyed my temporary snow fence and made sure to run over my yard. One of these days he'll crash my heating oil tank. I just can't build a regular wood fence he'll vandalize it by running into it.

I've got this picture as an example. What I want to do it anchor the wood fence on the edge of the block where the property line is. I don't want to center the wooden part. Any problem do you foresee? I was thinking of just ordering a small crane and dropping them on the ground or should I have someone level the ground first?

Each concrete form of 2'x2'x6' should weigh around 3,600 Pounds each.

skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tango For This Useful Post:
89plumbum (02-20-2019)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #2
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

Wtf?! Call the cops, call your lawyer, install security cameras, gather as much information and evidence as you can! Document, take pictures, be anal about record keeping.

Here destruction of personal property is a crime.
GAN, skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:39 PM   #3
Moderator Wizard

Cops don't really care here. I called them a few times for snow he throws on my side and 50% of the time they lie saying it's a civil matter but its it's a city rule.

Same thing for noise complaints 50% of the time they lie it's again saying it's a civil mater but it's 250$ fine but I have to file an official complaint and he can refuse it and I have to go to court to prove it. they always show up hours after he turned it down...

Last time the cop showed up he started to lean on me saying I was the problem and he couldn't care less giving him a ticket if I wanted him to have one but he'd probably refuse and I'd go to court and he may do some revenge.

Anyway I need a real barrier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2019, 05:56 PM   #4

View 89plumbum's Photo Album My Photos

Not to get off topic, but have you seen these...
GAN likes this.
89plumbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:32 PM   #5
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89plumbum View Post
Not to get off topic, but have you seen these...
https://youtu.be/GlDEXIrU4Gc
I have seen all of them. All he does is attack the corner, a boulder would of solved it.

The difference is my neighbor supposedly did a lot of jail time from what a cop told me. He got his permit revoked several times and for years for drunk driving and he collects trash to make a haiti village. That and the constant radio.

Anyway do you think my idea of a fence is a good one?
Old 02-20-2019, 07:01 PM   #6

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I have seen all of them. All he does is attack the corner, a boulder would of solved it.

The difference is my neighbor supposedly did a lot of jail time from what a cop told me. He got his permit revoked several times and for years for drunk driving and he collects trash to make a haiti village. That and the constant radio.

Anyway do you think my idea of a fence is a good one?
Build a fence on your property, get that property line located by a surveyor. Then game on.
GAN, skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
dhal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:24 PM   #7
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhal22 View Post
Build a fence on your property, get that property line located by a surveyor. Then game on.
I have the measurement on my what do you call it deed or survey? (In French it's a localisation certificate) I already drew lines a few years ago, I have notched the sidewalk for my start line and have buried concrete patio blocks with posts, he destroyed most of the posts during the years.

The tenants before him did the same thing and I saw him try to pull them out, the dimwit didn't realize those post were held with concrete blocks buried 2 feet deep. I had threaded a cable to mark the property line and didn't want to spend a lot. They did serve their purpose, he punctured several tires trying to destroy them, and last monday he tried to crush another and got caught up in the wire and snow. His son tried to push him backwards with his truck with a tire in between and crunched the hood.

I had to go out and peek around the corner him cursing digging under his soccermom van and bending the fence.

Those posts are 1" inside my property.

I don't want to get another survey it's between 1600$-2000$ As soon as the snow melts those blocks will be laid. 45$ a piece plus delivery probably a 1000$ just for the delivery and mini crane.
skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:51 PM   #8

View Fatpat's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I need to build a sturdy fence that will with stand my lunatic neighbor. So dumb he and his son purposefully destroyed my temporary snow fence and made sure to run over my yard. One of these days he'll crash my heating oil tank. I just can't build a regular wood fence he'll vandalize it by running into it.

I've got this picture as an example. What I want to do it anchor the wood fence on the edge of the block where the property line is. I don't want to center the wooden part. Any problem do you foresee? I was thinking of just ordering a small crane and dropping them on the ground or should I have someone level the ground first?

Each concrete form of 2'x2'x6' should weigh around 3,600 Pounds each.

How long and tall are thinking?
Fatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:04 PM   #9

View 89plumbum's Photo Album My Photos

I think you gotta do what you gotta do to protect your property. Will it hurt resale value or do you plan on never selling?
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
89plumbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:08 PM   #10

View chonkie's Photo Album My Photos

Sounds like somebody needs an a$$ kicking! An 18" pipe wrench is a good tool, or an Estwing, or weld a steel ball to the end of a sawzall blade and then sawzall punch the crap out of him. Hmm, which drain cleaning machine to shove ... sorry, probably my biggest peeve is disrespectful a-holes like that.

I bet they will still find a way to mess up your concrete barriers.
MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
chonkie is online now   Reply With Quote